Inky T O D - Color Swatches - Blue/black - Please Post Your Pictures And Tell Us Your Thoughts

JimCouch

Very nice

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

• Tas

• Sailor Kenshin

,,,,I'm surprised teal is considered blue-black.

Same here.

Well...just so happens I'm on a BB Quest.

17395636319_34d12ed375_c.jpg

I love a multi-halo chroma.

I've been on one most of my fountain pen life :unsure: . Thanks for this comparison. Chopin is looking mighty fine . . .

I've been on one most of my fountain pen life :unsure: . Thanks for this comparison. Chopin is looking mighty fine . . .

UW!

Yes, so far it's made my Top Three. Or Five, lol.

The Noodler's HH was horrible in that Wing Sung 333. I switched it to a Lamy Al-Star and it's much better so far.

PS: the scan makes HH look almost as blue as JH Bleu de Nuit...it's not. More of a slate hue.

Edited by Sailor Kenshin

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Wow. Skrip Blue-Black! Note to self: get that.

The blue-black-esque ink that has been ringing my bells is the MB JFK. Which is not dusty and grey but genuinely has some blue in it. Looks like MB Blue-Black that someone poured little royal blue into. Just a tiny bit. It is also nice and wet. I like it more, much more than MB Blue-Black new or old. I wish it were not limited. I would just use it and diamine midnight as my Blue-Black substitute.

Though I am going to get me a bottle of that Skrip. That looks fine.

Looking for a cap for a Sheaffer Touchdown Sentinel Deluxe Fat version

fpn_1433755071__salix.jpg

fpn_1433755161__salix_fresh.jpg

The top swatch is 4 days old, while the bottom one is very fresh.

This blue/black has fast become one of my favourite all-time inks.

What is the difference between "Sheaffer BB" and "Skrip BB". is one the 90s version and on the modern Sovenia(Bottle)/Slovakia(Label) Sheaffer Skrip BB (I liked #6 better than #13)?

Sailor Saku above is lovely too.

Looking for a cap for a Sheaffer Touchdown Sentinel Deluxe Fat version

What is the difference between "Sheaffer BB" and "Skrip BB". is one the 90s version and on the modern Sovenia(Bottle)/Slovakia(Label) Sheaffer Skrip BB (I liked #6 better than #13)?

Sailor Saku above is lovely too.

Wish I could tell you, but the # 13 was a gift sample and I don't know its origins. The #6, however, is from my own conical bottle purchased new a couple years ago, so probably, Slovenia.

I have a somewhat vintage Sheaffer/Skrip Blue-Black (inkwell bottle) that was not included in my test, mainly because I can't easily get the top off.

Edited by Sailor Kenshin

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

• 6 months later...

I quite like blue-blacks. Montblanc IG Midnight Blue was my old favorite but since I can't find it anymore I am quite keen on MB JFK and Kaweco Midnight Blue. I also loved my sample of Edelstein Tanzanite but have never got around to ponying up for a bottle. Pilot Blue-Black is one of those inks that is far too often overlooked. It's more of a dark blue than a blue-black but offers excellent water resistance, smooth flow, good behavior, and even a little sheen -- and it's cheap. A perfect student ink.

post-108956-0-08782400-1450655964_thumb.jpg

Edited by Abner C. Kemp

WOW, great comparison!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 4 weeks later...

post-126684-0-37943500-1453132717_thumb.jpg

My favorites are Rohrer & Klingner (LE 2012) and Louis Vuitton. Blue when writing and black when dry.

Edited by Cargoblues

Blue-black! My favourite color! :wub:

The question is; what color is blue-black? :unsure:

I'll be on a business trip for some days, but I will try to post some of my blue-black when I get back home.

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

Thanks Cargo.

Andy, I can't wait.

Blue-black! My favourite color! :wub:

The question is; what color is blue-black? :unsure:

I'll be on a business trip for some days, but I will try to post some of my blue-black when I get back home.

For me the question is : "What ink is blue-black ?" And the answer is a blue ink when you write which comes to black when it dries.

To be honest in the list I posted yesterday, there are only two blue-black inks : Rohrer & and Klingner 2012 Limited Edition and Bleu sibyllin (Louis Vuitton).

I think there is a big difference between true blue-black inks and blue inks with dark shades. That's a common mistake.

For me the question is : "What ink is blue-black ?" And the answer is a blue ink when you write which comes to black when it dries.

To be honest in the list I posted yesterday, there are only two blue-black inks : Rohrer & and Klingner 2012 Limited Edition and Bleu sibyllin (Louis Vuitton).

I think there is a big difference between true blue-black inks and blue inks with dark shades. That's a common mistake.

I didn't know that there was a definition.......? :huh:

In my opinion a blue-black is a dark blue which shades to almost black. Which you don't consider as blue-black.

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

I didn't know that there was a definition.......? :huh:

In my opinion a blue-black is a dark blue which shades to almost black. Which you don't consider as blue-black.

Oh it's not a universal definition. I just gave you mine. If you accept dark blue with dark shades (almost black) so you get a lot of blue inks entering in the blue-black category. That's up to you. But it's not working for me.

And to answer to your your question, there must be a definition somewhere. Let's find out...