Inky T O D - Color Swatches - Blue/black - Please Post Your Pictures And Tell Us Your Thoughts

JimCouch

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016-Ink/03-March/2016-03-06_02.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

• Tas

• Sailor Kenshin

Ooh! Although it seems vaguely teal, I do like that Sheaffer BB color!

Ooh! Although it seems vaguely teal, I do like that Sheaffer BB color!

I was surprised, I like it too. Did I mention that it's waterproof?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I haven't seen anything on FPN about TEKKER INK, but I happened to see something about it on Facebook. So I went to the website [http://tekkerink.com], and since the prices were reasonable, I ordered three bottles.

The great idea, is that you can custom order the ink you want by hex color number! I've been looking for a good match to the official "branding" color of my Alma Mater, University of Illinois, and ordered the exact shade of blue. I Called it UIUC Blue (#002058):

post-113310-0-50200300-1457718542_thumb.jpg

I just opened the bottle this morning, and preliminary indications show some SHEEN to this ink...

Edited by HalloweenHJB

Sheen? I didn't expect sheen.

Not major, like DC Supershow Blue or Naples Blue, but enough of a hint to make it interesting... ;)

Sheen? I didn't expect sheen.

No one expects the Tekker sheen!

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

No one expects the Tekker sheen!

Or, dare I say it?, el Tribunal del Santo Oficio de la Inquisición...

I would insert a video ....

Yes, yes, I shall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAn7baRbhx4

• 2 weeks later...

For no apparent reason - and certainly not the color - the Daiso cartridges are listed as blue black.

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016-Ink/03-March/slides/2016-03-22_11.jpg

Not sure if this is strictly a blue-black - more a blue-grey... Diamine Chopin.

25685158471_0a5d069e37_z.jpg

Ink swatches, March 2016 - Diamine Music Collection Chopin by Liz, on Flickr

I fine De Atramentis Document Fog Grey almost a blue-black too - certainly a very blue grey.

This, this is how I thought, and wanted, my Pelikan 4001 BB to look like. - it's gorgoeus. Thanks LizB

And a couple more -

One of my favourites - Rohrer and Kilngner Salix - looks bluer when used in a thick wet dipped line, more blue-black with a fountain pen:

25916745982_874d1ae52d_z.jpg

Ink swatch - Rohrer and Klingner Salix by Liz, on Flickr

I'll gladly join in the Salix party - this ink is a winner! The color is beautiful and it behaves (as an IG ink) very well even on the worst of papers. (Having said that, it has been defeated a few times by truly abysmal paper, but otherwise it's a reliable ink for standardly-crappy copy paper)

Not to mention it's shading and sheening.

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq22/Andy_Quaen/EPSON327%20%205_zps49ga1xpu.jpg

Picked up a bottle at Paradise Pen (store closing sale - a 30ml bottle for $4, normally $8) of Paradise Pen "Black Blue". I love this color, but admittedly this doesn't look like what I had in my mind. Veering into grayish and a little on the teal side? Starts out pretty black (pictured writing below, is about a day apart).

I need to put my Pilot Iroshizuku Syo-ro Pine Tree Dew into a pen again, because this almost reminds me of it, from what I remember.

Pic: "Field Notes" paper, iPhone 6+ camera, indoor sunlight.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f134/CraigS63/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-03/A9EA68EF-E15D-42CB-9C05-522B8DDCEFE4_zpshzktv8hp.jpg

Does this color change mean the ink has iron gall components? It reminds me of classic Pelikan Blue-Black.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Does this color change mean the ink has iron gall components? It reminds me of classic Pelikan Blue-Black.

No idea, I'm new here :-)

Anyway, got the Syo-Ro tested and another picture, the Paradise is less green in comparison, but the newer writing is still darker. Odd.

Almost as odd as my new Lamy nib marked "F" writing this wide. Blah.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f134/CraigS63/FED443C4-54BD-43D5-8A52-7603B71943D0_zpswm0d9ygo.jpg

Well, Field Notes. ;) Looks like you have some feathering, too.

Probably. But this looks about twice actual size, my eyes don't see as well as my phone's camera these days.

The feathering could make the nib 'seem' to write broader than it actually does. How does it write on less absorbent paper?

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.