How Much Is This Pen Worth?

Auctionator74

Hi Fountain Pen Network,

I buy and sell second hand stuff, but more the collectible stuff and not just (bleep). ;)

So I recently bought this set of a fountain pen in a second hand shop for 8€.

I am a total newbie to this sort of product and I would like to know how much I can sell it to collectors, on ebay or whatever.

The trademark of the product is ''Senator regent''. In the set is:

- Ink (Royal Blue-washable 1fl oz.)

- Filler

- Something I don't know

- And a full brass bottle.

It is unopened and unused, All the seals are unbroken as I can see it.

But the packaging seems to be good condition, not really mint or near mint.

The brass bottle is also not in the best condition because something seems to wear off.

post-119739-0-71412700-1421088785_thumb.jpg

post-119739-0-13498900-1421088801_thumb.jpg

post-119739-0-05794400-1421088824_thumb.jpg

post-119739-0-55932200-1421088842_thumb.jpg

Please tell me something about the parts, the history of the trademark and this product if you know something,

and the price I might be able to sell this for. :huh:

Thanks a lot for your help!

Jacob

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Auctionator74

• RMN

• whych

• ______Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Hi, and welcome to FPN

Interesting set. Alas we are not an appraisal-site so we can't give you a real value.

And I think you will not see sets like this often so giving a value will be difficult anyway. The price depends on the state the item is in, how desirable an item is etcetera. In a way, it's worth what a fool will pay for it, as they say in my country.

I do not know of a brand Regent. But there is a German brand Senator. Massiv Messing is German (Solid Brass) on that inkwell.

The pen is probably from the 60s. The black thing next to the pen is probably a tail-fin, so you can convert the pen to a deskpen. Unscrew the endcap from the barrel and screw the tail on.

If you will Google this, you will probably find some listings for pens like these, but often used. It may give you some idea of a possible value, but remember about the fool. If someone just loves that brass inkwell...

Enjoy your pen, Senators are good fountainpens.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

The pen is a Senator.

First time I have seen it with an inkwell. They commonly sold them with the bottle of ink, pen and blind cap to make it into a desk pen. They also did a variation with an ink roller blotter.

Senator aren't in the league of Pelikan say, but were good pens.

Max I would give would be around 20 to 25 Euro.

Price, like RMN says, depends on who's out to buy on the day.

Hi @ all and thank you for the comments!

Yeah, I also think it depends on who is buying it, so I will try to sell it on ebay.

I didn't find this set of Senator on the internet, but I have seen the ''der grüne Punkt'' (the green dot) on the right top corner of the plastic packaging.

And this singn that the plastic is normal plastic waste and recycleable, it was invented in 1990. So is the whole set from after 1990 or is it just the top covering of plastic?

What do you think? You can maybe see it on the pictures.

THANKS a lot for the help!

Edited by Auctionator74

You have found a tiny "treasure" there: a Senator with the original brass pen stand!

And I say that because I wouldn´t count on the brass piece being actually suitable for containing ink (unless somehow properly lined on the inside, which I doubt), one for the chemical issues you may find, two for the lid (if any) probably too aged and currently spoiled.

But even if its best use is only as a stand, the brass alone is much worthy than those 8€.

As for the pen, if the nib is in its best condition, it is, in my opinion, as collectable as any other middle-notch German pen of that time.

Conclusion: put it on auction, and enjoy seeing just what happens, not expecting too much anyway. Then let us know the results.

plumista

Hi Fountain Pen Network,

I buy and sell second hand stuff, but more the collectible stuff and not just (bleep). ;)

So I recently bought this set of a fountain pen in a second hand shop for 8€.

I am a total newbie to this sort of product and I would like to know how much I can sell it to collectors, on ebay or whatever.

The trademark of the product is ''Senator regent''. In the set is:

- Ink (Royal Blue-washable 1fl oz.)

- Filler

- Something I don't know

- And a full brass bottle.

It is unopened and unused, All the seals are unbroken as I can see it.

But the packaging seems to be good condition, not really mint or near mint.

The brass bottle is also not in the best condition because something seems to wear off.

attachicon.gifIMAG0114.jpg

attachicon.gifIMAG0122.jpg

attachicon.gifIMAG0118.jpg

attachicon.gifIMAG0115.jpg

Please tell me something about the parts, the history of the trademark and this product if you know something,

and the price I might be able to sell this for. :huh:

Thanks a lot for your help!

Jacob

It was a usual "school pen", I believe the piece "you do not know" is used to convert the pen into a dip pen, you screw it in the place of the lower section... so you did not have to cap and uncap the pen every time in class, that is also the reason the bottle has no cap. You put just the minimum amount of ink and you use it during the day. I have a Senator and a Geha using the same system. Unless someone has something more logical to say...

Edited by Azuniga

Okay,

Thanks for the knowledge about the pen!

I love hearing interesting stuff about my sales!

So I will put it for sale for a certain price and if it isn't bought for the price, I will put it on an auction!

Thanks for your help!

For what fixed price would you sell it if you had to? Any Ideas?

Thanks @ all!