Great Prices On Some Sailors & Pilots And Iroshizuku At J-Subculture

miatagrrl

Here it is: SAILOR PROFESSIONAL GEAR PICCADILLY NIGHT.

It writes so well that I think it is now my favourite fountain pen!

http://i.imgur.com/lWcutHF.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/QoY3Zby.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/R0ZtJSV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IwqqZwS.jpg

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MediaVita

• Dr.Grace

• miatagrrl

• Inkysloth

Superb.

Does the Medium Fine write noticeably differently from the regular Fine nib?

Superb.

Does the Medium Fine write noticeably differently from the regular Fine nib?

I don't have a Japanese fine. But comparing it to my European nibs, it's just perfect, as it makes a line between an EF and F. I'll write something this weekend to show it here!

Also, it's a bit springy and you can make some line variation. But I guess this is just because it's a 21K nib. I've got a Sapporo with a 14K nib and it's not springy at all.

It's a striking pen, I have to admit. Did you find it by searching yourself or did you use their search service?

Current Daily Carry: Pilot Custom 743 with 14k Posting nib (Sailor Kiwa-Guro), Sailor 1911L Realo Champagne with 21k Extra Fine nib (Sailor Tokiwa-Matsu). Platinum Century 3776 Bourgogne (Diamine Syrah), Nakaya Portable Writer Midori with 14k Extra Extra Fine nib (Lamy Peridot), Pilot Vanishing Point Stealth Black with Extra Fine nib unit (Pilot Blue Black), a dozen Nockco DotDash index cards of various sizes and a Traveler's Notebook.

I searched directly on Amazon.co.jp, copied the link and pasted it on jsubculture. As everything was written in Japanese I wasn't sure if I was ordering an MF nib but they kindly helped me. They ordered the pen from Amazon without shipping costs, just the transaction fee. So, at the end, I spent less money on this limited edition than the money I would have spent on a regular ProGear bought in Europe.

I searched directly on Amazon.co.jp, copied the link and pasted it on jsubculture. As everything was written in Japanese I wasn't sure if I was ordering an MF nib but they kindly helped me. They ordered the pen from Amazon without shipping costs, just the transaction fee. So, at the end, I spent less money on this limited edition than the money I would have spent on a regular ProGear bought in Europe.

• 5 months later...

I'm so glad I came across this thread! Thank you so much to @miatagrrl and the other generous, warm and helpful pen lovers for sharing about J-subculture.

• 11 months later...

After reading this really helpful thread I caved in and bought a Sailor Pro Gear Silver in M nib, from their site: so no shopping service, no auctions, as far as I understood; after a week of "preparing to ship" and missing the "shipping by" estimate I finally contacted them, and they replied they might be able to get it by next weekend... I'm in no hurry, but I don't see the point of paying for expedited shipping if the whole thing is going to take so much time anyway... What's listed in their "shopping"site isn't necessarily in stock. Or maybe it's a Sailor thing?

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

After reading this really helpful thread I caved in and bought a Sailor Pro Gear Silver in M nib, from their site: so no shopping service, no auctions, as far as I understood; after a week of "preparing to ship" and missing the "shipping by" estimate I finally contacted them, and they replied they might be able to get it by next weekend... I'm in no hurry, but I don't see the point of paying for expedited shipping if the whole thing is going to take so much time anyway... What's listed in their "shopping"site isn't necessarily in stock. Or maybe it's a Sailor thing?

As far as I know, they don't have anything. They buy things and send them. They normally add in their products the time they need to send the items (for example: 2-3 days). In my case, whenever I've bought anything from them, they've shipped in just 1-2 days, except for the last time, which took a week.

As for the expedited shipping, it will be fast once they ship. It refers only to the shipping, not the handling time, which is different.

Hope it helps!

Edited by MediaVita

• 10 months later...

I'm having the same issue as pseudo88 here. Ordered a 3776, 2 sailors inks and a converter on the 10 via the 'shop' site. All the item are marked as «packing» except the converter which has been «handling» since 19 days even though it was (and still is!!!) announced as shipped in 1 or 2 days.

I just contacted them to ask if they could ship it without the converter and refund it to me as well as the expedited shipping (about 30$ CDN) because I don't really think its fair to charge such an high price for shipping if its to forget the box on a shelf for 3+ weeks! If they don't want to I might just ask them to cancel the order and if I don't get an answer quickly I'm gonna have to contact Paypal... Its quite saddening to get such a bad experience with them, I was so happy with my previous order even if it arrived quite late (I had chosen the cheapest shipping method so I don't really blame them for that, they did ship that one quickly).

Edited by OlivierB

Another data point here. As of today pricing a Pilot Custom Heritage 92 Transparent Black F-M nib yields price right on par with US Amazon (shipped free from Japan). There may be better bargains available than this pen, but for this one it's a wash(i). (A paper thin margin between them...sorry....)