Pilot Iroshizuku - Shin-Kai

jasonchickerson

I would not dare contradict sandy's expert opinion. However, as I indicated in my written review, I found shin-Kai to be less malleable than many other inks. For instance, herbin terre de feu looks not only a different value but a different hue in each of my pens.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jasonchickerson

• tinta

• Sandy1

• amberleadavis

Thanks for your addition, Sandy. Your reviews are legend.

Hi,

You're welcome!

Thanks for the compliment!

When/if I ever return to my ink pots from this remote assignment I hope to contribute a few more IRs.

Bye,

S1

Thanks Sandy1 for explaining the "malleability" if ink concept.

I've often read the word in your most excellent reviews, but was too shy :blush: to ask what it meant.

I figured that eventually, through syntax, the meaning of this term referring to a characteristic of ink will be revealed.

Now I understand.

I will start to observe this characteristic with the inks, nibs & papers that I use.

PS: Might as well ask you what you mean by "majic" in reference to ink. Apparently a couple of my inks have this potential.

Cheers:

tinta

Hi,

You're welcome!

Oh, never be too shy to ask - I do like a bit of wordplay at times, and sometimes borrow/bend words. (Don't ask about 'virga'.)

Ah, the majik. It's one of those intangible things. Not necessarily a wow, but a certain something something that makes an ink more than something used to make marks on a page. I might wiggle my toes or grin and raise an eyebrow. It is likely the most personal/subjective aspect of my IRs, so will most certainly will be different for each person - got to find you own majik!

Bye,

S1

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

I would not dare contradict sandy's expert opinion. However, as I indicated in my written review, I found shin-Kai to be less malleable than many other inks. For instance, herbin terre de feu looks not only a different value but a different hue in each of my pens.

Hi,

Oh please feel free! The more honest opinions and sharing of our experience that we have, the better place FPN becomes!

And you're right, many ink are more malleable than shin-kai. Especially when wanders over to the warm inks, they can be ever so malleable. (+1 for the Herbin inks.) When I want to play with them I need to block off some time to clean-up all the pens that joined the party. :)

Bye,

S1

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

Adding it to the list of inks I need, especially because I need blue blacks that don't lean teal. Ahhh yes!

- The poster formerly known as HollyGolightly

Adding it to the list of inks I need, especially because I need blue blacks that don't lean teal. Ahhh yes!

Yes, try it.

The ONLY thing I've found I don't like about it so far is that it tends to shed a small amount of ink into my pen cap while in my pocket. Every time I pull it out, the section is dirty. I have only kept it in the one pen so far (Lamy 2000) so I can't say if this is an isolated case.

Yes, try it.

The ONLY thing I've found I don't like about it so far is that it tends to shed a small amount of ink into my pen cap while in my pocket. Every time I pull it out, the section is dirty. I have only kept it in the one pen so far (Lamy 2000) so I can't say if this is an isolated case.

I think I am going to hunt it down now! I haven't ventured outside with any pen except the Metropolitan but that's good to keep in mind, thank you!

Also, I loved your review. Beautifully done, great photos that really show off the reddish tinge in the color. And I agree, the sketches look great! Not to mention your penmanship is a pleasure to read! :)

I think I am going to hunt it down now! I haven't ventured outside with any pen except the Metropolitan but that's good to keep in mind, thank you!

Also, I loved your review. Beautifully done, great photos that really show off the reddish tinge in the color. And I agree, the sketches look great! Not to mention your penmanship is a pleasure to read! :)

Thanks for the compliments. My so-called penmanship is much helped by a flexy vintage Conklin. Your avatar inspired me to move Breakfast at Tiffany's from my to-watch to my watched list.. So thanks for that, too.

Thanks for the compliments. My so-called penmanship is much helped by a flexy vintage Conklin. Your avatar inspired me to move Breakfast at Tiffany's from my to-watch to my watched list.. So thanks for that, too.

We're even, then. I pulled the trigger on purchasing Shin-Kai yesterday :lol:! I hope the movie treated you well. Sabrina, Roman Holiday, and Funny Face are great too. Hint hint!

• 5 years later...

fpn_1583563224__6f673c96-9bd7-42c0-93b1-

^—this is exactly my observation with shin-kai as well. I wish it would stay blue.

Edited by TheDutchGuy