Fpn Inks - Good News!

wimg

I sent an ink order on Dec 4, 2014 and never heard from anyone. Is that order still valid and will be filled from the upcoming supply, or do I need to reorder?

To be safe: watch these pages for the announcement you can order, and then send your order with the mention you already ordered dec 2014 and don't need double...

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• RMN

• amberleadavis

• Last Knight

It did on the last batch, on the basis that it was sold in and send from the USA..... So expect P&P on it.

Details like prices etc are not yet known for the new to be made batch.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Brown and Blue-Black, my two favorites.

And, forgive my ignorance, but what is the second one?

Jack

Dumas Tulipe Noire

A dark purple close to the J Herbin Poussiere DeLune but a more saturated.

Looking forward to getting the Van Gogh which is the one of the three I do not have.

Jim Couch

Portland, OR

I'm rather interested in the Galileo Manuscript Brown and the Van Gough Starry Night but most of the reviews here don't have pictures anymore (I'm guessing it's because the posts themselves are years old) :(

I'll send you a sample of the brown... it is a nice warm brown. Bulletproof. It has been quite some time since they were offered.

It'll be interesting to see differences between batches. I'm down to my last bottle.

"Do you know the legend about cicadas? They say they are the souls of poets who cannot keep quiet because, when they were alive, they never wrote the poems they wanted to."

In reference to the post above, would anyone be so kind as to post a picture of an ink sample for these inks? I'd especially interested in the Starry Night and Galileo, but seeing the Dumas would be great too!

Excellent news! I wouldn't mind having all three inks, but the Starry Night is at the top of my list.

I will be watching this thread with great interest (and hoping that it doesn't turn into something like TWSBI's announcements of new pens they have waiting in the curtains. Two years later....still waiting! :P )

Holly

In reference to the post above, would anyone be so kind as to post a picture of an ink sample for these inks? I'd especially interested in the Starry Night and Galileo, but seeing the Dumas would be great too!

Here's a good one:

http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q712/FiveCatKnittery/NoodlersVanGoghStarryNightMedium.jpg

Edited by stevesurf

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

To be safe: watch these pages for the announcement you can order, and then send your order with the mention you already ordered dec 2014 and don't need double...

D.ick

Will do! Thanks.

"I'm new to this FPN ink thing, what is it exactly?"

Update: I've already figured out what the FPN inks are

Edited by ernestcow

Flex Away :D

post-118150-0-23786200-1420009888.png

Dearest Members and Visitors of Our Little Fountain Pen Nut House on the Digital Prairie,

Some good news for those of you who wanted more of our inks: they will be back!

fpn_1353683490__fpnink_gmb_label_t.jpg

fpn_1353683503__fpnink_dtn_label_t.jpg

fpn_1353683515__fpnink_vgsnb_label_t.jpg

An exact ETA we cannot give yet, and we will also set up a proper store for our inks, but they will return.

And who knows, we may even start creating another ink :).

Warm regards, Wim

on behalf of the FPN Moderator and Admin Team

I NEED THAT STARRY NIGHT INK omg :yikes:

The Dumas and Galileo would be fantastic as well :)

Flex Away :D

post-118150-0-23786200-1420009888.png

I sent an ink order on Dec 4, 2014 and never heard from anyone. Is that order still valid and will be filled from the upcoming supply, or do I need to reorder?

D.ick

We will no longer do ordering via the mail system, as that was incredibly laborious, and very costly to us as well.

We do intend to give an advance notification to people who did order inks through the old system after we ran out of inks, however.

It is still early days, though, we will keep people informed here in the FPN News section :).

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Dear people,

Please note that this was a very early advance notice :). It could take two months or more before we have inks and everything is in place. I just wanted to share the good news for now, I am very excited about it myself too :).

It is a rather costly affair for us to get the inks in the first place, and it does require real cash outlay :), unlike most of the work here being done, by a wonderful group of volunteers (aka the Moderators :)).

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Wim... take your time.

Some of us have patiently waited for some time..... and we don't mind waiting some more. At least now we know is coming... :D

Another color!!!... how exciting!!!!!... http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/dancing/super-happy-dance-smiley-emoticon.gif

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Any idea of the quantities that will be available? Do we need to ready to order as soon as the order system opens, or will it take a while for them to sell out? Basically, I'm wondering whether or not it's safe to hope for them.