Fpn Inks - Good News!

wimg

I'm confused... I'm not currently a supporter, what would I have to do to become a supporter and be able to buy these inks?

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• RMN

• amberleadavis

• Last Knight

Ahoppy, we want you to be a supporter! Go to Support FPN it's next to the word Forums in the blue section towards the left side of the screen (in the header). When you click on it, several options appear, click on the FPN inks. The inks are sorted at the top. The bottom has the FPN support options.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Ahoppy, we want you to be a supporter! Go to Support FPN it's next to the word Forums in the blue section towards the left side of the screen (in the header). When you click on it, several options appear, click on the FPN inks. The inks are sorted at the top. The bottom has the FPN support options.

+1

I hope more support this great community. It's been a wonderful, growing community and resource for me.

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

Not to pile on here, but likewise. I can see the store, but inks are not there.

Iridium support is not enough. You have to go rhodium or more. At the bottom of the page (at least in the Library format) there are three buttons; the middle one should get you there. Once you are a supporter, you can see the FPN inks in the FPN store, and buy the inks through there. https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/html/fpndonations.html

If you become a rhodium supporter, your Iridium status will be superseded and become invisible.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

I see the inks here:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/store/

Iridium support is not enough. You have to go rhodium or more. At the bottom of the page (at least in the Library format) there are three buttons; the middle one should get you there. Once you are a supporter, you can see the FPN inks in the FPN store, and buy the inks through there. https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/html/fpndonations.html

If you become a rhodium supporter, your Iridium status will be superseded and become invisible.

Okay I fail at life and fail to read also.

--------

@Wimg actually I noticed more users are becoming supporters this was huge jump from last year it seems.

#Nope

At this time the inks store is only open for Platinum or Rhodium supporters. For those it can be found as described above.

This because our supplies are very limited at the moment and we are still setting up the store properly.

LATER, when the supplies have been replenished the inks will be available to all members, where the Platinum and Rhodium supporters will get 1 or 2 bottles per annum at a discount. Due to the extreme winter in the USA replenishing the supplies is delayed.

We will properly announce when the ink will be available to all.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Ah...well. Fine then. I'm just going to keep throwing money at the screen.

I made a donation, I see the skeleton of a store but nothing else.

I'll just wait until I hear something definitive and hope I don't miss out on the red.

I'll just wait until I hear something definitive and hope I don't miss out on the red.

There are two forms of donation.

One is a silent donation, where you donate us some money because you want to help us keeping doing what we are good at. This will result in our gratitude but without any mentioning anywhere, and without any extras.

The other is the Iridium donation, where you will get the Iridium badge to your posts and the mention FPN Donator-Iridium

These offer no access to the ink-store at this point in time, and no discount to the inks.

Then there are the official Supporter accounts Rhodium and Platinum. These are fixed amount donations. These accounts now give access to the ink-store.

D.ick

~

~

Hmmm. My paypal account says my donation was a rhodium level support. I'll have to message the moderator. Thanks for pointing that out or I would have never checked.

Hmmm. My paypal account says my donation was a rhodium level support. I'll have to message the moderator. Thanks for pointing that out or I would have never checked.

Make that Admin, Wimg.........

Us humble moderators have no access to the pile of gold... well, pile... make that a goosebump...

D.ick

~

~

Not to pile on here, but likewise. I can see the store, but inks are not there.

Try clearing your browser cache, temp files, cookies, and history. You should be able to see them.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

I don't see "FPN Inks" as one of the options under "Support FPN"

You will currently only see the inks link and the inks in the store after you have become an FPN Supporter, either Rhodium or Platinum, or have become a premium account holder.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

I doubt that actually, if you don't mind me saying too much. The PayPal email doesn't say anything about any metal at all for the iridium donations, which, BTW, goes through our Donation Tracker add-on, and neither are you in the system for a Supporter donation, which goes through the store. The members donating for Iridium are called Donors currently, Supporters are those who went the Supporter route; that would either be Platinum or Rhodium.

We did send out messages to people who donated amounts either anonymously or via the Iridium route if they donated an amount in an order of magnitude similar to the FPN Supporter amounts to ask whether they would prefer to become an FPN Supporter rather than an Iridium Donor, or stay completely anonymous for that matter. We did that using the PayPal email accounts as that is all we have to go by, and we haven't received a reply yet from quite a few so far.

We will gladly update your account if you'd like us to do so.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

As above, it depends on how you made a donation, when, and what amount.

Contact me by PM or email if you like, and I'll check things out for you.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

I see the inks here:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/store/

Okay I fail at life and fail to read also.

--------

@Wimg actually I noticed more users are becoming supporters this was huge jump from last year it seems.

:D

This time we have a few levels, and we give something in return as a thank you.

The original Iridium Donor setup was meant so everybody could take part, and show they support FPN, we now have added a few levels of donations, so to speak. It appears to work :).

Considering the amount of work it takes to keep FPN running, and the cost, it is good to see an upsurge in support - we need it, badly.

We started a bit over 2 years ago with the premium accounts, and Iridium donorships, then we added advertising, and now Supporterships. We already had Donations for quite a bit longer, the completely anonymous ones essentially.

Only after the introduction of Advertising we finally received enough budget on a yearly basis to cover for the direct (out of pocket) costs we have to make to keep the site running. However, budget started running low again at the beginning of the year, and the new Supporter donation possibilities did make a change. So far we added another 3 months worth of direct costs to the budget.

Ideally we would like to hire a professional to help us out, however, as the amount of time spent on FPN to keep it running, on a voluntary basis, is getting a little too much now, for what we are, just a bunch of volunteers. Quite a few of our moderators spend hours of their time here, to make sure things stay pleasant, run smoothly, etc., and if I look at the time I do spend myself here, well, let me just say it is way more than I can afford most of the time.

In short, things appear to go well, but could be a bit better still :).

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Try clearing your browser cache, temp files, cookies, and history. You should be able to see them.

Warm regards, Wim

Thanks. My problem was misunderstanding the required level. Once I jumped Iridium to Rhodium, I had no problem.