Fpn Inks - Good News!

wimg

It is a rather costly affair for us to get the inks in the first place, and it does require real cash outlay

Hi Wim,

I would be glad to pre-order and pre-pay.

- David

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• RMN

• amberleadavis

• Last Knight

Same here. Let us know. Thanks for the work!

MB JFK BB; 100th Anniversary M; Dumas M FP/BP/MP set; Fitzgerald M FP/BP/MP set; Jules Verne BB; Bernstein F; Shaw B; Schiller M; yellow gold/pearl Bohème Pirouette Lilas (custom MB-fitted EF); gold 744-N flexy OBB; 136 flexy OB; 236 flexy OBB; silver pinstripe Le Grand B; 149 F x2; 149 M; 147 F; 146 OB; 146 M; 146 F; 145P M; 162 RB

Is the blue black waterproof?

Alas, no. The Brown is.

The blue black is really midnight blue. Sometimes you would say it is black if a really wet line, but then you see a blue in it. It shades well.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Alas, no. The Brown is.

The blue black is really midnight blue. Sometimes you would say it is black if a really wet line, but then you see a blue in it. It shades well.

D.ick

Someone I know got a bottle of the brown the last time around, and it seemed to be much redder-tinged than I was expecting from the description and the reviews that I had seen of it. Quite disappointing, since I loved the name.

Any way to know in advance how close the new batch will be to the previous one? I don't really want to buy an ink I don't like -- even if it IS in support of FPN. (OTOH, I really, really want to try the other two.... :puddle: )

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I just did. They charge $12.50 for the ink and $14.30 for shipping. Grand total $26.80. The eBay seller is cheaper at $20. Every cent counts for me!

12.50 seems to be about the going rate for most standard Noodlers inks. You might check the shipping cost for more than one ink. Often times the shipping charge is the same for a number of inks as for just one.

Edited by JimCouch

Jim Couch

Portland, OR

Thirded.

Yup.

[color=#444444][size=2][left]In this age of text, twitter, skype and email, receiving a good old-fashioned hand-written letter feels just like a warm hug.[/left][/size][/color][img]http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png[/img]

Sorry guys and gals, but considering the admin required, we will not take pre-orders and pre-payments right now.

We may once we have a shop up and running, and actually have a reasonable stock, but until then, we will all have to a little patient I am afraid :). And that includes me :).

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

All three interest me as well, and unlike most folks here, I'm happy it may take two months - Chicago has been rather cold again this winter (10F yesterday). I know inks tolerate freezing and thawing, but Noodler's fill their bottles to the very top. I'd worry about cracking the cap or bottle if it froze.

Does anyone know how Starry Night compares to the FPH-exclusive Henry Hudson Blue and Ellis Island?

Here's a good one:

http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q712/FiveCatKnittery/NoodlersVanGoghStarryNightMedium.jpg

Dunno if it's just me, but none of these images load :/ Nor do a lot of pictures from older posts \:

Edit: Turns out it was my work computer that was having issues with images on the forum. TIL ^^'

I'll send you a sample of the brown... it is a nice warm brown. Bulletproof. It has been quite some time since they were offered.

It'll be interesting to see differences between batches. I'm down to my last bottle.

You, ma'am, are beautiful.

Edited by Aetheric Continua

"I have nixed all Noodler's inks in large part because of their feel, but also their behavior, etc. When I put Iroshizuku or Sailor ink into my pens, it's like the ink, pen, and paper are having a 3-some with smooth 'n sultry 70's jazz playing in the background." ~ Betweenthelines

A tiny sample bought from ebay that I stupidly knocked over and lost most of. Test was done by mopping up spill and dipping pen nib in aforementioned spill.

Delighted that this may well see the light of day again (and that I'm being given another sample soon :) )

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_starry_night_swatch.jpg

Sucks that you knocked over your sample :( That's always a fear of mine, every time I ink a pen...

But thank you so much for the post! I think I like the colour :)

"I have nixed all Noodler's inks in large part because of their feel, but also their behavior, etc. When I put Iroshizuku or Sailor ink into my pens, it's like the ink, pen, and paper are having a 3-some with smooth 'n sultry 70's jazz playing in the background." ~ Betweenthelines

It looks even better in real life :).

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

The only one that bleeds through is GMB, Galileo Manuscript Brown, and only if you lay it on thick. See here:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/18219-fpn-galileo-manuscript-brown/

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Van Gogh does a bit of feathering on 80 grams copy-paper and a wet nib....

D.ick

~

~

Van Gogh does a bit of feathering on 80 grams copy-paper and a wet nib....

D.ick

On cheap copy paper ;).

On my notebooks it doesn't :). 90 grams Oxford ringed pads :).

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Yep, on cheap copy paper, but some folks have to contend with that.

And because the ink is so dark it really shows.

On 90 grams High Density paper it is a wonderful ink...

D.ick

~

~