What Notebooks Are There...

CharlieTurtle

... that suit these requirements?

• 140 x 90 mm ( 5.5 x 3.5 inches)
  • coloured paper ( anything but white)
  • usable in a "Raydori"

You can spot a writer a mile off, they're the ones meandering in the wrong direction muttering to themselves and almost walking into every second lamppost.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CharlieTurtle

• The Good Captain

• da vinci

• jimhughes

I don't know what a 'Raydori' is but suspect a Midori-type. If so, why not make your own? I've found them easy. Cut paper 180 x 140 then fold each sheet in half. a piece of thin card same size and folded for the cover. Put the papers inside each other, then in the cover and staple together. Finally, with the book closed, trim off the excess paper from the 'opening' edge and - bingo! A simple notebook for the Midori type.

I have an extending stapler but most larger 'ordinary' models should reach the 90mm length required.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

A "Raydori" is a Field Notes sized Midori replica.

So far, I've seen suggested:

• Moleskine (terrible paper quality)
  • Field Notes (white paper)

You can spot a writer a mile off, they're the ones meandering in the wrong direction muttering to themselves and almost walking into every second lamppost.

I'm using Moleskine Cahier books at the moment, along with others and the paper is fine. Just pot luck I suppose.

Frankly I'd suggest to have a crack at making your own with the paper of your choice. They really aren't difficult at all.

The Good Captain

They really aren't difficult at all.

I'm at least 98% certain I could mess it up XD

I'm at least 98% certain I could mess it up XD

I don't see why you should...! If I can do it, anyone can. Forgot to mention: as an example, six sheets of A4 will provide 12 pieces 180 x 140. When folded etc, that provides the '48 pages' that is often quoted. It actually means 48 'sides'.

Honest; it's not hard but I must say that I use QC Bank Paper which is 45gsm. Anything a lot heavier, and that might cause a problem with the stapling.

The Good Captain

go to etsy. Search Yellow Paper House. Decide if you want field notes, Passport, Traveller sized inserts. Choose paper colour and choose Blank, Lined, Grid/Dots. Enjoy you choice. I've ordered 3-4 times and been overwhelmed with the speed of shipping 24H, 3 days to me in New Mexico from East Coast. Good pricing, perfect fit. Shared with multiple friends in NMPCC and all are ecstatic about the product. Usual disclaimers, no affiliation, just happy client. Somebody else on FPN , reviewed them in last 4-5 months. That induced me to place an order. Been back several time since then. Jim

https://www.etsy.com/shop/YellowPaperHouse

Edited by jimhughes

go to etsy. Search Yellow Paper House. Decide if you want field notes, Passport, Traveller sized inserts. Choose paper colour and choose Blank, Lined, Grid/Dots. Enjoy you choice. I've ordered 3-4 times and been overwhelmed with the speed of shipping 24H, 3 days to me in New Mexico from East Coast. Good pricing, perfect fit. Shared with multiple friends in NMPCC and all are ecstatic about the product. Usual disclaimers, no affiliation, just happy client. Somebody else on FPN , reviewed them in last 4-5 months. That induced me to place an order. Been back several time since then. Jim

https://www.etsy.com/shop/YellowPaperHouse

Oh dear God WHY DID NO ONE YELL ME OF THESE BEFORE.

Have you looked at Banditapple Carnet? Not sure if the size is right but the paper is very good.

The Peewee is, but I only see it in blank

Ahh, I have a gridded Carnet.

Worth asking the owner is very helpful.

I think I found what I need on YPH. It's pricey but worth it to get the coloured paper I need, as I have a disability called Irlen syndrome which means I struggle to read from a white background.

I think I found what I need on YPH. It's pricey but worth it to get the coloured paper I need, as I have a disability called Irlen syndrome which means I struggle to read from a white background.

Pleased you have found what you want.

I hope you get the chance to do a review in due course :)

Pleased you have found what you want.

I hope you get the chance to do a review in due course :)

Will do, I'm ordering quite a wide selection!

• Dot grid for journal entries
  • the "Book Review" format for... well... book reviews...
  • blank paper for doodles

Charlie: Glad you found what you were looking for. I found them by reading an FPN Review and was on it like a Chicken on a June Bug after I saw the Colour, size, format choices. I think you'll find them to be just what the Doctor ordered. Enjoy, Jim

Charlie: Glad you found what you were looking for. I found them by reading an FPN Review and was on it like a Chicken on a June Bug after I saw the Colour, size, format choices. I think you'll find them to be just what the Doctor ordered. Enjoy, Jim

I might bankrupt myself, but I'll be happily bankrupt!