Has Anyone Heard Of Henry Simpole 2015

RMN

My pleasure dear Truffle!

Those photos were from 2012.....see Neal's copyright at the bottom of the pics?

Time does fly.... ;)

God is seldom early, never late, and always on time.

~~Larry Brown

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Truffle Finder

• esterbex

• Ghost Plane

• billydo

Here's a teaser for you all... a new collection of Simpoles coming soon! Each barrel design features a delightful little faerie within the vines and leaves, some are very obvious, some a little harder to spot.

Perhaps Henry can tell us more about his inspiration for these designs.

fpn_1434112840___dsc7468.jpg

fpn_1434814262__6940699664_7ec763c19c_b.

fpn_1434814339__7086766419_ba1592264a_b.

fpn_1434814362__6940695380_a44646bd92_b.

~~Larry Brown

You're so clever Esterbex! I didn't notice that there was a date on the pictures!

Truffle Finder.

I didn't mention it before, but I am at the moment down at my flat in the West Country [Cornwall, to be exact!] and yesterday, I went to an Antiques Fair in Tavistock Town Hall, [sadly there were no vintage fountain pens there!] but there was a chap there who had a stall selling Vintage Classical Guitars, and we had a long conversation about his and my experiences of restoring them.

The incredible thing came when I was talking about a particular accoustic bass guitar which I had bought many years ago, in Clapham! It turned out that he knew the very same shop where I had bought it!!!

It's a 'small world' isn't it? .................. but I wouldn't want to paint it!

Truffle Finder :) :D :lol: :excl:

Yeah, fond memories of that Tavistock Market Hall, albeit 20 or more years ago....

At that time there was another Dutchman who had a shop there....

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

WELL, I'VE JUST DRIVEN BACK FROM CORNWALL!

[i seem to have pushed the wrong button on my keyboard, silly me!]

It was quite a pleasant journey, if a little laborious, but anyway, I'm back now, and I'm rearing to get on with quite a few repairs which have come in while I was away.

When I left here to go down to the West Country, I took my Lap Top with me, and while I was there, I posted something on here, but when I went back to FPN, I had to sign in again, and I found that it wouldn't do it for me, [apparently I had forgotten my password, or Username, I don't know which!]

Anyway, A new password was duly sent to me via E-mail, and I wrote it down, and tried again, and "Glory Hallelujah" it worked, but then I came back to London, and FPN decided to check whether I remembered my Password!

Now all I need to know, is:- How do I change my Password back to what it was before?

Last time I phoned a very good friend who knows all about these things, [i suspect that she is a member of the Magic Circle!] but I can't remember how to do it!

Anyway, It's nice to be back again.

Truffle Finder. :) :D :excl:

You are a gentleman of so many talents... I had no idea that you restored vintage guitars!

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

'RestorED', being the important word Tenney!

I haven't 'worked' on a classical guitar for quite a few years, but I still get pleasure from talking to people [like the chap that I met in Tavistock Antiques Fair last Sunday] who understand the attraction with vintage guitars! It's the same with vintage pens really, except that guitars are much bigger than pens!

The trouble now is that I'm not sure what to do with them all, at the last count, there were 17 or 18 of them around my flat in Cornwal!

Truffle Finder. :) :D

Edited by Truffle Finder

17-18?

Wow. I bet there are many people here that don't have that many pens.

--

17-18?

Wow. I bet there are many people here that don't have that many pens.

His "collections" are various and sundry.....

~~Larry Brown

I guessed so having only seen the tip of the iceberg.

--

My day at Portobello yesterday was quiet, but really quite interesting.

Firstly, I bought a quite large sized silver overlaid Whitworth Safety Pen, brought to my stand by a very nice gentleman who actually collects vintage watches, but on his travels for his horological treasures he sometimes picks up fountain pens, which he likes to offer to me! Sadly the nib has got a crack in it, but I think that I have got a large Whitworth nib in amongst my nib spares, so that will be done later today!

A little later on, a couple came to my booth, the lady approached, and asked me if I was Henry............the Pen Man? I told her that 'indeed I was', to which she told me that she had 'tracked' me down to Portobello on a Saturday! [Her husband later said that she had been 'stalking' me for quite a while!!!] I felt really quite flattered!

She and her husband were from the USA, and she had been collecting fountain pens for quite a few years, and had started to restore them by herself. [Quite an achievement! I thought!]

Anyway, I showed her quite a few of my stock pens, and then, [having explained that the pens that i was about to show her, were not for sale, as they were part of my 'pension scheme!'] I handed each one to her to examine. She appeared to be very impressed to see and handle them. This impromptu display of pretty unusual and sometimes quite rare vintage fountain pens, ended with me showing them both the doll's house Watermans pen.

Photographs were taken of the pen, and a few of the lady and me in my booth, and she decided to buy a black Parker pen, before they left. It really was a pleasure to have met them both!

As usual, there were a few people who just appeared to be interested in the prospect of fountain pen collecting, and I handed out application forms to the Writing Equipment Society to them.

A very enjoyable Saturday, all in all. Increasingly, I am finding it certainly as enjoyable to meet people who are genuinely interested in vintage fountain pens, as much as it is always nice to sell pens.

yes, Happy Birthday! :bunny01:

D.ick

~

~

A belated Happy Birthday.

Hope that you had a successful day at Portobello yesterday.

A belated Happy Birthday from Texas :)

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

I recently purchased a vermeil Onoto overlay from Vanness pens from when you were there for a pen show. It is stunningly beautiful and the broad gold nib is wonderful to write with. Thank you for your talent and wonderful craftsmanship.

Good morning everybody!

I'm sorry, but I haven't been on here for a little while. I must say that it is very kind of everyone to have sent me birthday good wishes.

Portobello was really quite good this week, mainly due to an Australian gentleman, who had come to see me specifically to 'top-up' his considerably large collection of vintage fountain pens. [He had with him a pictorial record of his collection on his 'pocket-computer' {I-Pod?} and he kept on checking with that to see that he didn't buy ones that he already had!]

he stayed with me for quite a time, and we enjoyed 'chewing the fat' talking about various topics, but mainly centred on 'pens'! It turned out that we both knew Peter Ford from Melbourne I believe. I must have first met him way back Oh! 20 years ago, at the Los Angeles Pen Show. He was, [and I'm sure that he still is!] a wonderful chap, and a great pen repairer.

A few other pen people visited me during the course of the day, and I was offered a practically mint G/Filled triple set of Parker 75's, which I bought.

As usual, a few pen repairs were dropped off to me, and a couple came to pick up their repaired pens.

All in all, a quite good day at Portobello.

Is he the same Peter Ford of "Italix"- fame?

Nice to hear your comment on him.

D.ick

~

~

Sorry RMN, I'm afraid I don't remember what name he worked under.

To be quite honest, I am not even sure what he calls his company name now!

Truffle Finder. :)