Has Anyone Heard Of Henry Simpole 2015

RMN

I check in every week and any time I see an update, I'm sorry that I don't have much to contribute. Thanks, Ghost Plane, for restarting the thread each year.

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Truffle Finder

• esterbex

• Ghost Plane

• billydo

I check in every week and any time I see an update, I'm sorry that I don't have much to contribute. Thanks, Ghost Plane, for restarting the thread each year.

I agree with ScienceChick Henry if I thought I had something useful to add I would have a great Christmas.

I hope in 2016 we get to see more before and after pictures especially the car related ones.

For more details on my current projects please visit my blog.

https://my63leather.wixsite.com/my63

Here's a funny thing that happened yesterday!

I was looking for some Conway Stewart 58 clips! [Not an unusual thing to be looking for, in my workshop!] when I came across a small zip-up bag, which I hadn't used for quite a long time, and when I picked it up, I noticed that there was something in the bag! I looked inside, and it was a Dupont fountain pen, with a blue Laque de Chine 'covering' over a gold-filled metal body and cap.

On closer inspection, I discovered that it had an 18ct gold nib in it, so I really felt quite pleased with my find.

I have no idea about the name of this model of Dupont pen, [and of course, I still do not know how to post photographs on here!] but I am quite sure that will be quite saleable.

Here's a little quiz for Christmas:- overall length with cap 'on' the pen,14 cms. Pull-off, push-on cap. Cylindrical, parallel sides of cap and barrel. Dark blue laque de Chine finish.

Does anyone know the model name?

Truffle Finder. :) :D :excl:

I don't, but I am sure our member Jar will know right away.

And I think your pen will take Parker cartridges.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Hmm, I do wonder if your workshop is any way connected to the Tardis. After all, you do seem to locate all manner of wonders when you are not actually looking for them.

Merry Christmas to all.

Merry Christmas to you 'View from the Loft'!

Yes, I agree with you, I do 'find' an extraordinary amount of 'stuff' in the workshop, usually when I'm looking for something else!

In the New Year, the builders will be coming here, to sort out a crack in one of the walls here in the workshop, and before they can start, I will have to move a desk, and two sets of shelves over to the other side of the room! Thankfully, I will have some help to do this, but I'm not exactly looking forward to doing it!

Maybe, I will 'find' a few 'goodies' when we move the furniture, who knows!?

One has to bear in mind, that I have been here for about 15 years now, and it is quite easy to put things in a 'safe place', and then forget all about it, and then come across it again at a later date!!!

It might well be a Happy New Year.

Wreck the halls with Boston Charlie, fa-la-la-laaaa and Kalamazoo!

(Can't find the panel of the Pogo comic strip for the rest)

Same to you Henry!

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Well, surprising as it might seem, I am going up to Portobello today, despite it being Boxing Day!

As usual though, I have very little idea what it going to be like, but I am hoping that some visitors to the market will have received money as Christmas presents, and they might decide to come to the market and spend some of it!

The pen repairs that were dropped off to me last week, have been done, so maybe their owners might come to collect them today.

Truffle Finder. :) :D

Sadly today's Portobello Market trip was not a great success!

I sat and continued with my book, until one of the gentlemen who dropped off his two pens last week for repair, came to collect them.

We chatted for a while about the two pens, and then he left, having thanked me for my help.

Sadly the rest of the time was just of a literary nature!

The weather was kind, and there were no problems on the underground both going and my return, so that was something to be grateful for!

I hope that everyone had a very good Christmas this year!

Actually, I didn't mention it in my last posting here, but an old school friend of mine arrived at my stand at Portobello Road on Saturday.

It was quite a surprise, as I hadn't seen him since I was at Forest school in 1962/63. We chatted for quite a while, and I gave him a business card and a pamphlet about my overlaid pens before he left, but unfortunately I didn't ask him for a telephone number, so I have no way of contacting him now. There is a possibility that I might see him again, as he told me that he lives quite near to Notting Hill, and apparently he has a wander around Portobello Road occasionally, so maybe he will pop in to see me again.

As so often happens when something like this happens unexpectedly, after the meeting one is inclined to say afterwards:- 'I wish I had mentioned ...................!'

Hopefully I will see him again.

Truffle Finder. :) :D

Today, I received a telephone call from a gentleman in London, who was phoning on behalf of his brother in law, [who is living in Lebanon at the moment].

Apparently he had seen me at my stand at Portobello, [as it turned out, at the beginning of November!] and he had looked at several pens while he was with me [apparently!] and having discussed a price for three of the pens, he left.

So, nearly two months later, his brother in law is phoning me to ask to come and see me, to pick up the pens that he wanted! Quite difficult, if one is not even sure what pens were decided upon, when the man visited my stand!

His personal secretary telephoned me this afternoon, to try to clarify things, and she sent me a hand written copy of the B-I-L's note that he had written explaining which pens he wanted to buy.

Anyway, the long and short of it is that the London based gentleman will be coming to see me this Saturday, to buy the three Parker pens which he wants to buy.

So, it looks as though it could well turn out to be a good Saturday up at Portobello this week!

Happy Days!!!

Truffle Finder. :) :D :lol: :excl:

Another who has little to contribute to the thread, but reads and enjoys each update. Had the pleasure of meeting Henry and seeing his work in person at Dallas Pen Show a few years ago.

Welcome Ceilidh!

Happy New Year to you, and to borrow an expression of AA, "Keep coming back!!!"

I'm pleased that you enjoy the thread!

Regards,