• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Truffle Finder

• esterbex

• Ghost Plane

• billydo

As far as I can tell, the only purpose of our officialdom is to keep the people we WANT out so they don't interfere with the flood of Californians-to-be over the Southern borders.

It rather look as though I'm still pretty well Jet-lagged in those two photographs!

Or maybe I'm just getting old!

Truffle Finder. :unsure:

It rather look as though I'm still pretty well Jet-lagged in those two photographs!

Or maybe I'm just getting old!

Truffle Finder. :unsure:

It's the lamp that does that...

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Pretty girls, guitars, young enthusiasts....fpn_1425652200__imag2103.jpg

fpn_1425652270__imag2107.jpg

fpn_1425652340__imag2115.jpg

fpn_1425652367__imag2116.jpg

fpn_1425652645__imag2139.jpg

God is seldom early, never late, and always on time.

~~Larry Brown

Now the man in these pictures sure doesn't look "ornery' NOW does he? I think he must have been worried about his dinner in the FIRST pictures! BUT just see what a coupla lobster dinners can do for the constitution!

( I know getting a big ole box of Bung Box inks from Vanness when I was sitting @ home missing out on all the excitement SURE lifted my spirits in the same way a package of lobsters from Maine would have! )

I just can't imagine THIS man being ........."ornery! "

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

GP, where have you been????

Keep up now!

~~Larry Brown

loving the pics- would of been nice to see more of the pens on the right of the table- next to the overlays

Rick

Member of the Writing Equipment Society.

Working! <races off to check the website>

You may have to call instead....the available colours left pretty quickly and may not be on website.

~~Larry Brown

loving the pics- would of been nice to see more of the pens on the right of the table- next to the overlays

Ricky, sorry for the photographic remiss of me. I guess I'm so used to seeing vintage Parkers, Waterman's, Sheaffer's, Montblancs and the like that it didn't occur to me that they'd be of interest here. And Henry found some unique pieces that should have warranted recording as well....and I apologise for not being more vigilant. :unsure:

~~Larry Brown

You may have to call instead....the available colours left pretty quickly and may not be on website.

You have call or email, there's no place (that I could find) to order on their site. A bottle of Mother Pink landed in my mailbox today. Thanks Mike!

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

I'm just back from Portobello Road Market.

Thankfully, the weather this morning was really pleasant, and fortunately the underground trains were all working just fine today, so the journey was quite trouble free.

My first customer today was a gentleman who I know as 'Mr Alabama!' and he settled for three vintage pens.

My second customer was a man from Spain, who appeared to be in a racing hurry to pick out several vintage pens, but eventually chose two of the ones that he had originally selected, although he didn't want to actually try either of them! Very strange!!!

My third visitor, was my friend "M" who comes from Hong Kong, and we had quite a lot to talk about his dealings with Dunhill Namiki pens, and the Giant Overlay Pen, which he commissioned me to make for him a while ago.

Another gentleman friend arrived shortly afterwards, and tried out [quite thoroughly I might add!] a few of my diminishing stock of broad and flexible nibbed pens! He is a very interesting person to talk to, and we chatted while he 'wrote' with the pens! Having chosen two of them, we clinched the deal, and he left my stand very happy!

I had great pleasure showing off my 'new' vintage pens, which I bought while I was in Little Rock, last weekend. Both the Nassau Green Parker 51, and the Sheaffer Balance Demonstrator seemed to have been appreciated by my collector friends, which was very satisfying!

So, one way or another, it was a good day at the market! :) :D

Truffle Finder. :) :D :excl:

It was quite strange really, but the gentleman in the picture above, [with the grey hair, and the glasses] was the owner of the Pawn Shop that we went to while staying at the Hotel where the Pen Show was held.

I bought the guitar while I was there, to add to my collection of guitars! [i have about 30 at the last count!]

We asked him if he had any vintage fountain pens, but he hadn't, anyway, we told him about the Pen Show, and he actually came along on the Saturday afternoon.

He asked me about getting a Big Red Parker Duofold Set, so, I directed him to one of the dealer/collectors across the room, and a little while later, he came back to see me, brandishing the Set that he had just purchased! I suspect that he is now a new collector of vintage fountain pens!

S'funny how these things happen sometimes!

Truffle Finder. :) :D :excl:

Sadly, it was a very quiet day up at Portobello yesterday.

Two people came to pick up their repaired pens from me, during the course of the day, but unfortunately nobody came along to offer me any vintage pens to buy, so, it was a case of 'forced consolidation' for now, anyway!

It was surprisingly cold yesterday morning, and I had made the silly decision to not wear my 'long johns' when I got dressed in the early hours, because it looked so warm and inviting when I first woke up! How wrong you can be sometimes!

Well, as I am often heard to say at times like these, it is days like yesterday, that make the 'good days good!'

Truffle Finder.

It's your own fault. You KNOW we always try to send you home with warm fuzzies. :wub:

:rolleyes:

~~Larry Brown