Has Anyone Heard Of Henry Simpole 2015

RMN

This is the new topic:

Has Anyone Heard of Henry Simpole 2015

which is a young and vibrant version of the older and well loved topic.

The following link will teleport you to the old topic (last page).

Has anyone heard of Henry Simpole?

This operation has been performed to get a faster reaction and to show the contents faster on your screen.

Members following the topic may have to reset their following-settings for this.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Truffle Finder

• esterbex

• Ghost Plane

• billydo

Saturday's chilly trip up to Portobello road wasn't bad for such a cold day!

I sold a few vintage pens, to tourists mainly, one of whom had come all the way from Australia, and had been told that he 'must' go and visit Henry at Portobello Market if he was able to on a Saturday, [he is a member of a local pen collector's club!] So, it was nice to think that I was that famous, if only locally! He bought two Conway Stewart pens, and went away very happy!

I was only offered three vintage pens to buy during the coarse of the day, Two Parker 51's, and a Bronze Striped medium size Sheaffer Balance pen with a military clip, and a feather-lite nib, in very good condition, which is now fully restored and is 'in stock'!

All in all, it was a good day!

Truffle Finder. :) :D :excl:

Good morning BBS!

I can't honestly say whether I could do that sort of repair, but I would like to see it first anyway before attempting to do it.

Possibly see you up there then!

Truffle Finder. :) :D

I'm sure I will see you there at some point, but alas not with a cracked wood Omas - I wasn't going to pay that much!

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

I'm not exactly what one would call a 'fan' of New Year's Eve, [being an Alcoholic, in recovery!] but I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone who pops in here, a very Happy New Year.

Ever since this thread was started by GWP quite a few years ago, I don't think that anyone thought that it would run for as long as it has done, or that it would continue to be of interest to fountain pen lovers, as it has done. For me anyway, it has been a very enlightening journey, as I really did not realise [when this thread first started, a few years ago] that so many people knew or indeed 'had' heard of me!

Happy New Year!

Truffle Finder, [AKA Henry Simpole!] :P :)

Best wishes, Henry

D.ick

~

~

http://especiallymoment.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/happy-new-year-2015-fireworks.jpg

God is seldom early, never late, and always on time.

~~Larry Brown

Does anyone on here know much about a man called Du Clos?

Someone has sent one to me which needs major surgery doing to it!

Just thought that I'd ask, as I'd never heard of him. Does anyone know when the man died?

Truffle Finder.

Hi there!

Today at portobello road, it seemed that most of my customers were out and about looking for Parker 51's! It is quite understandable really [they are exceptionally good working fountain pens], but not necessarily all on the same day!

I did sell some other types of pens during the course of the day, and despite there being 'planned engineering works going on on the Central Line, the rain held off, and the journey wasn't too disrupted.

Truffle Finder. :)

@ Neal: Yummy...

D.ick

~

~

Henry, volume 2! Who woulda thunk?

Time for an infestation of warm fuzzies!

I agree GP! :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

~~Larry Brown

Thank you RMN for your kind and courteous transportation of this thread into the New Year. Wonderfully

seamless! :notworthy1:

~~Larry Brown