What Do You Think? Are These Genuine Or Fake?

claudewick

Hi guys,

I bought a few bottles of Parker Quink from an indian seller at ebay. He claims that the product is genuine, but I'm not so sure.

The package box is poorly printed, the holografic seal is a "printed version" instead of glued on the box, something I've never seen before.

Some of the bottles are bend, somewhat deformed and the ink is very watered.

The seller says that the ink is produced localy under Parker license by LUXOR INC.

Does anyone knows this company or ever used this ink?

Is this original product or just a fake?

Thanks.

Cheers

post-119335-0-55916300-1420201314_thumb.jpg

post-119335-0-53241700-1420201320_thumb.jpg

post-119335-0-33330000-1420201327_thumb.jpg

post-119335-0-56246300-1420201335_thumb.jpg

post-119335-0-18810100-1420201342_thumb.jpg

post-119335-0-36319800-1420201349_thumb.jpg

post-119335-0-31522000-1420201357_thumb.jpg

post-119335-0-12331600-1420201364_thumb.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• claudewick

• Algester

• vikrmbedi

• Tresconik

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LUXOR INC sounds like Indian version of parker to me which is normal I mean why should we be afraid of fake ink... unless it explodes like stuff made by micheal bay/china you have nothing to fear...

In fact I'm afraid of clogging...

In fact I'm afraid of clogging...

Nah, I've used this ink for a while and it's fine.. though not my first choice and now I just stick with Pelikan/Camlin inks.

luxor is a genuine company... and is an official partner of parker, waterman and pilot in india.

I have been using same ink for years....some of my bottles of ink are as much as 7 years old and still works without clogging.

Edited by vikrmbedi

It could've been that they got a license to produce it locally so that they could offer it at a lover price instead of importing. It aids those who would rather not pay for extra costs, but I'm not entirely sure about this particular case. Other companies have done this.

Flex Away :D

post-118150-0-23786200-1420009888.png

Nah, I've used this ink for a while and it's fine.. though not my first choice and now I just stick with Pelikan/Camlin inks.

luxor is a genuine company... and is an official partner of parker, waterman and pilot in india.

I have been using same ink for years....some of my bottles of ink are as much as 7 years old and still works without clogging.

Thanks for helping.

So it's probably genuine, but I have to say I got disapointed with the quality. I'll keep using my old bottles of Sheaffer Skrip, Aurora and Parker penman sapphire (saddly close to end) while I wait the arrival of Iroshizuku's bottles.

Cheers

Claude

which begs the question how did a Indian manufactured ink get into brazil... I know Parker also has a brazil factory...

ohh ok ebay.... I get it... ok didnt saw that one

Living in a very small city in Brazil and far from the bigger cities, I'm used to buy almost everything online.

Cheers