Known Brands: Italy - Europe

wimg

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Fountain Pen Network,

As a side effect of the recent re-shuffle of forums (December 2014), which has more or less been concluded now, a list of all pen brands worldwide, as far as any information could be found on these brands, was compiled. Please find below the list of pens, which are discussed specifically in this forum.

For a complete list of all known pen brands, check here:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/281024-pen-brands-worldwide-by-country/

The idea is to try and keep this list up to date, and if any of you notice that pen brands are missing, please add those to this list, preferably with a reference; I will add them only with pleasure.

Similarly, please let me know if any typos were made, I'll gladly correct those too, and also any main brands for the brands listed. In case of incorrect attributions, please let me know too, preferably with a reference too: the idea is to, possibly, create an entry per brand with some sort of description if at all possible (time-wise), or if you yourself would like to do so - by all means post it, and notify me.

Thank you all very much in advance , and enjoy!

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• basterma

• mitto

• Contax1961

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

List of known Italian brands, discussed here in the Italy - Europe forum, with the exception of Parker branded pens made in their Italian factory. Parker has its own dedicated forum.

Italy:

ABC

Accosano

Adriatica

Alba

Alcione

Amica Cisea

Ancora

Anglo-American

Aquila

A.R.A. (Aurora)

Artil

Asco (Aurora)

Astura

Atelier Simoni

Athena (Aurora)

Atlantica

Audax

Augusta

Auretta (Aurora)

Aurora

Aurval Super

Aviostil

AVM

Balanzone

Balilla

Black Star

Bugatti (Ferrari da Varese)

Boralevi

Bruno

Caesar

Calderoni

Cavallina

Cervinia

Cesare Emiliano

Cirene

Cisea

Colorado

Columbus (Alfredo and Eugenio Verga)

Columbus Extra (Eugenio Verga)

Columbus (Santara)

Condor

Constellation

Contessa

Corona

Dacis

Diana

Diplomat (Fratelli Rossi)

Delta

Domino

Ducale

Ducati

Duchessa

Edelweiss

E.E. Ercolessi

Electa

Elios

Elma

Elmo

Elmo-Montegrappa

Eros

Estense (Ercolessi Milano)

Eterna

Europa

Everest

Fendograph

Ferrari

Ferrari & Baier

Ferrari da Varese

Filcao

Flaminia

For Ever

F.O.R.T.

FRV (Fratelli Rossi)

Fulgens

Germano

Giglio

Giti (Tibaldi)

Gloria

Goliarda

Grifos

Helios

Hoover

Invicta (Ferrari da Varese?)

Itala

Italianissima

Italstilo

Ivo

Kosca

Labor

Lalex

Littoria

Lus

Saronno

Magus

Marlen

(Giuliani) Mazzuoli

M.B.M.

Medusa

Mengoni

Mercurio

Minerva

Mondial

Monopol (Aurora)

Montegrappa

Nannelli

Napoleon

Nero Muse (Grifos)

Nettuno (Umberto Vecchietti)

Nettuno (Torino)

Nettuno 1911 (Bergamo)

Niloe (Grifos)

Oakland

Olimpica

Olivieri

Olo (Aurora)

Omas

Omega (Alfredo Verga)

Omega (Aurora)

Omer

Ora-Pen

Orbi

Palladiana

Palladio

Palladium

Parafernalia

Parker (Italian factory)

Pen-Co

Pensar

Pilus

Pineider

Plevonia

Princeps

Principe

Prismatica

Quadretti

Radius

Rapid

Record

Red Circle

Rede Guzzini

Regina

Re-ma

Renzetti

Romet

Safis

Saratoga

Signum

Sile

Silpa

Standard

Star

Stilnova

Stilus

Stipula

Stylus

Suprema

Surgens

Tabo

The King

The Scotland

Tibaldi (Tibaldi)

Tibaldi (Aquila)

Titania

Tiziana

Torrini

Uhlmann's

Universal

Valentini

Vat

Velox (Ercolessi)

Vis

Visconti

Walker

Webber

Welcome

Widman

Widerman

Williamson

Wilmas

Wilson

Yes Ok

Zemax

Zenith

Zerollo

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

• 4 weeks later...

Isn't AURETTA an Italian pen brand? I have a pen of this brand wich i bought in 1987 and which I thought was italian. If not italian I will be posting the pictures of the pen in a separate post/thread asking friends at FPN to please help identify it.

Khan M. Ilyas

Wilson and Walker are two bottom tier brands that are made in Italy. My Walker has a logo similar to Universal, but that is all I know about it. Wilson still makes cartridges from what I can tell.

Wilson and Walker are two bottom tier brands that are made in Italy. My Walker has a logo similar to Universal, but that is all I know about it. Wilson still makes cartridges from what I can tell.

Are you sure about the Wilson? AFAIK, that is a pen brand from India. It doesn't mean it can't be, as there are quite a few brands used in different countries, just want to make sure.

Thank you in advance.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

The branding on these pens is consistent with their cartridge boxes which give an Italian address. They have almost no web presence though. The cartridges were consistently fresh as of March 2014, which suggests they are still a current company. In addition there is no resemblance to the Indian Wilson pens.

• 1 month later...

Isn't AURETTA an Italian pen brand? I have a pen of this brand wich i bought in 1987 and which I thought was italian. If not italian I will be posting the pictures of the pen in a separate post/thread asking friends at FPN to please help identify it.

Hi, Auretta is a model of AURORA in production since 1965, over the years the model has undergone cosmetic changes, the production has ceased in the mid-80s, I hope this is a help for you.

Regards Richard

Un istante ripetuto nel tempo diventa Eterno!

• 4 weeks later...

Updated the brand listing :).

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

• 3 years later...

Clothing/fashion brand Nazareno Gabrielli (apparently) made accessories, mostly for advertisement.

Ref: story of the brand on Wiki.

And proof: see pic below.

Piston filler, german nib, writes smoothly. A surprisingly pleasant pen.

post-110876-0-97380900-1546192097_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...