The “Triveni Junior” From Fountain Pen Revolution (Fpr)

Jamerelbe

Congratulations - trust you enjoy your purchase! Just remember to check the tine alignment on your EF nib *first*, and to go very gently with the micromesh. You can always smooth away a bit more tipping, but you can't put it back on if you've removed too much!

Ok, thanks !

I saw that The Pen Habit just posted one video about smoothing pens, so i think that i can follow this, Goulet pens also carry a tutorial (I've never done this so I will have to be careful).

I will put pictures, impressions etc in this thread when i will receive all of this, I'm very pleased :)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jamerelbe

• Armand.D

• danieln

• amuanti1993

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just FYI, Stephen (SBRE) Brown posted a YouTube review of these pens today - check it out at:

I have the broad nib on my Treveni Jr. Ebonite, and I agree with Stephen, it does a very nice job. It is not a true broad, more like plump medium. Using Chesterfield inks, I have not had any hard starts (except when I left it upcapped for a couple of hours--my fault). My hands are small, so the Jr. fits my hand beautifully.

• 2 weeks later...

OK my mottled blue Treveni Jnr arrived today with flex nib and plenty of spare nibs....I'm wrapped ;) Going off to complete massive amounts of writing.

Edited by GTVi

OK my mottled blue Treveni Jnr arrived today with flex nib and plenty of spare nibs....I'm wrapped ;) Going off to complete massive amounts of writing.

Congratulations - I couldn't resist ordering another, this time a mottled red. Here they are, side-by-side:

http://i.imgur.com/0yfz8bd.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

hey guys!!

I was a little upset with the Triveni Jr's medium nib. So I didn't use the pen much.I also have faber castell basic which has a smooth nib but I also did not use that because I felt it to be quite back heavy.

I was wondering what to do with these when suddenly, I had an idea. I tried to switch the nibs.....AND IT WORKED!!! The pen now looks and writes well. wondering if any one else has tried this.

• 9 months later...

The cap posts very snugly on the Triveni Juniors - I'd estimate nearly 2cm over the back of the pen. Check out the two photos below:

post-108160-0-18413200-1448491322_thumb.jpg

You'll notice in the above photo that the acrylic pen is slightly shorter than the ebonite - I've lined up the 'backs' of the pens before capping the ebonite, to give some idea of how far on the cap sits.

post-108160-0-33238700-1448491476_thumb.jpg

In the second photo (above) both pens are capped - the acrylic cap seems to sit on a little further. Checking out the website today, the ebonite pens all conform to the design of mine (i.e. a metal ring around the cap opening) - but so do most of the acrylics pictured. They seem to change the acrylic 'colours' from time to time - I think that's an upstream issue in terms of what rods are available to the pen-maker...

I find these pens very comfortable in the hand, either posted or unposted - partly because they're so light-weight. My hands are short enough that I don't *need* to post, though - so I often don't bother.

Hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...

The FPR pens are quite good and Kevin is a gem when it comes to problem solving

I have the Triveni Jr with a flex nib... Really nice but I had to get the feed replaced due to railroading... Kevin to the rescue... And the Jaipur... With a stub nib... Not happy as it writes like a broad, no line variation to speak of... Will order a flex nib replacement for this.

The Triveni series is worth buying, the ebonite set... I just wish they provide it with. #6 nib... If available I'm going for the red ebonite soon.

Regards