M200 Special Edition 2015

Nyanzilla

Interesting colors, definitely unexpected! It reminds me of the earlier M200s too...I'm going with transcend, I'm not totally sold on the fp (for some reason I like the looks of the ballpoint more), but it could be because there's a giant latte behind the pen, hard to focus on the pen! ;)

The amber ink window is a nice touch! Now if they would only introduce more m200/m400 pens with brown ends, the sky is the limit...

Edited by paloma32

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• risingsun

• Nyanzilla

• sargetalon

• swanjun

Lovely colour scheme. I detest the M200 nib, but would consider fitting a custom-ground M400 nib to make a relatively inexpensive grab-and-go set.

Very nice. I must confess that their Cognac version wasn't to my taste, but this is right up my street. I wonder whether it will be available with an italic nib?

I hope it comes with the option for an italic nib. If so, I'll definitely grab one!

I have a Cognac from this year with a factory Italic nib, and let me tell you... that nib had a ton of tipping material, and was incredibly not smooth, skipped, hard starts, not writing a consistent line, etc. I had it ground and adjusted by SMG at the Toronto Pen Show and now its a nice 1.2mm stub. It wasn't useable before. Sean said "wow" when writing with it before he started working on it.

The Italic nib Pelikan released on the last M200 makes a good base to have ground down, but it wasn't a good italic nib (for me, out of the box, etc)

Edited by benincanada

The Italic nib Pelikan released on the last M200 makes a good base to have ground down, but it wasn't a good italic nib (for me, out of the box, etc)

I agree with this statement. Was exactly my experience. It was definitely not your typical italic nib.

Sun%20Hemmi2.jpg

I agree with this statement. Was exactly my experience. It was definitely not your typical italic nib.

Same for me as well actually. Had to have Tim Girdler work on it to make it really usable.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

It's a looker, wonder how many more surprises they will be rolling out. I have to say I think their marketing strategy is off by about 6 weeks. It makes sense to me to put these new items on the market BEFORE Christmas, not after. But what do I know?

I totally agree. Guess we'll just have to buy a late Christmas present for ourselves!!!

Same for me as well actually. Had to have Tim Girdler work on it to make it really usable.

Fascinating that we all had that experience. So much tipping material!

I wonder how such badly designed nibs ship out, especially a "special" nib not usually offered, and on a SE pen.

I admit I bought my 'italic' nib separate from a pen from Todd @ isellpens.com. I've ground it to be a good cursive italic now, but I wouldn't buy another. My favorite M20X nib is a medium that I ground to a stub. It pretty much gets switched into any M20X that I ink up.

Sun%20Hemmi2.jpg

Fascinating that we all had that experience. So much tipping material!

I wonder how such badly designed nibs ship out, especially a "special" nib not usually offered, and on a SE pen.

I borrowed one of these italic nibs from a friend, and had the same experience.

I found that if you held it upright the way you do a BP, it writes perfectly. So, are they making these Italic nibs with BP users in mind?

I borrowed one of these italic nibs from a friend, and had the same experience.

I found that if you held it upright the way you do a BP, it writes perfectly. So, are they making these Italic nibs with BP users in mind?

You could be right. Bo-Bo makes that point all the time. I have mixed feelings about that as I am not a BP user (other than signing the back of credit/debit cards and filling in government forms that threaten you with instant death if you use anything else). If this type of nib encourages BP users to switch to FP, then great. Another point is that Japanese nibs tend to encourage a more upright pen position (especially some Sailor nibs) to vary line width.

Peter

I'm now hearing March (tentatively) from a couple of places as the rumored release date.

I've seen a lot of comments about how feminine this pen looks and how it will be "a good one for the ladies." I have to disagree with that. I think this pen will be good for both genders.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

I think the real feminine pen will be the upcoming pink/white M600. :D

I forgot about that one. Have there been any pics yet? How much do M600s normally go for?

I haven't seen any pics so far.

Normal M600 you can get for ~230-270€ on eBay.

"On the internet nobody knows you're a cat." =^.^=

I think the real feminine pen will be the upcoming pink/white M600. :D

I am not familiar with upcoming release. This, and a bottle of red dragon, may be my wife's birthday gift!