Cheap Cartridges From Ebay

phillieskjk

I just bought this pack of 40 cartridges on ebay, has anyone here tried them? Are they any good? (To be honest I just bought them because I needed empty cartridges :) ). Thanks! This is the link to the ebay listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/40-Fountain-Pen-Ink-Cartridge-Refills-ORANGE-GIFT-/230384913830?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35a402cda6

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bob_hayden

• Feliks

• phillieskjk

• Sasha Royale

I haven't tried those specifically but they sure are cheap so don't expect miracle, but if you want empty cartridges then why not.

I have used this vender several times. Good products and service. Bought varieties of ink catridges filled, and then refilled a couple. No problems.

I have used this vender several times. Good products and service. Bought varieties of ink catridges filled, and then refilled a couple. No problems.

Thanks!

I just bought this pack of 40 cartridges on ebay, has anyone here tried them? Are they any good? (To be honest I just bought them because I needed empty cartridges :) ). Thanks! This is the link to the ebay listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/40-Fountain-Pen-Ink-Cartridge-Refills-ORANGE-GIFT-/230384913830?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35a402cda6

You say you need empty cartridges. Are you not going to use the ink inside these?

I buy most of my carts from this vendor. Cheap, reliable and fast shipping. No problems so far.

The free gift is usually 12 carts in various colors.

David

For so long as one hundred men remain alive,we shall never under any conditions submit to the

domination of the English. It is not for glory or riches or honours that we fight, but only for liberty, which

no good man will consent to lose but with his life.

• 1 year later...

I have bought from them over the years and been satisfied. Mostly I buy burgundy ink from them as that is not a color one often finds in cheap inks.

While buying cheap cartridges to get the empties sounds reasonable, I wonder if the cheap cartridges are made of cheap plastic. I have had lots of short international cartridges crack on me when I squeezed them to get ink flowing. That was a very rare event in 50+ years of squeezing Made in USA Sheaffer cartridges. Alas, I did not keep many records of which cartridges cracked.

I bought 25 cartridges, on two occasions. Expectations of the ink were low. I was not disappointed.

The ink is okay. I use the cartridges in several ways. I use them for International Standard pens, and for other pens, puncturing from the flat end.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

I have had lots of short international cartridges crack on me when I squeezed them to get ink flowing. That was a very rare event in 50+ years of squeezing Made in USA Sheaffer cartridges. Alas, I did not keep many records of which cartridges cracked.

Most international c/c pens are nails, so you have another option: holding the pen by its grip section over your writing surface, while keeping the heel of your palm on the paper, drop the pen on its point until a tiny dot of ink appears where it lands. This is what I do.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

If anyone is still interested, I should be able to ship a good 300 cartridges for around 10$. I'll have to calculate that through, maybe it's a few cents more. If royal blue German drug store cartridges are enough for you, I can hook you up.

At the current exchange rate for the dollar it would barely work, yes. I'd have to figure out how to use PayPal though. It is a very tight calculation, so obviously I'd be happier with a tip on top. Larger amounts of cartridges would also work, but then shipping gets more expensive.700 cartridges would be a little bit cheaper per cartridge if I calculated that right, but not much.

I would have to take a look at how much these cartridges cost in the store now. They're more expensive online.

I can't guarantee anything, but I'm pretty sure that if 10$ is not enough, 15 is.

Edited by Feliks