Unusual Parker T-1

ARVA

I was just looking at some Parkers on ebay when I found a boxed Parker T-1, I'm not interested in bidding on it.

But it caught my attention that it does not have any breather hole, is that right?

I'm just curious what do you think about it.

Here is the pen:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PARKER-T-1-TITANIUM-FOUNTAIN-PEN-in-Mint-Conditon-w-Original-Packaging-/181593671393?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a47d386e1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matlock

• ARVA

• KBeezie

• FarmBoy

Top Posters In This Topic

Nib looks bent.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

It looks bent, probably is, but the strange thing is that it does not have a hole where the 2 tines meet. I will put a comparison picture.

I have a T-1 and there is something about the one shown that is "not quite right" (apart from having no hole in the nib section). I can't put my finger on it but....

Aside from all that, the nib is very damaged so I don't think it can be described as "new".

Buyer beware, as they say.

Peter

You don't suppose this is like that Korean guy that was making extremely well-turned fake Duofolds? Some mad lunatic fabricating almost correct T-1s in his basement?

Ravensmarch Pens & Books
It's mainly pens, just now....

Oh, good heavens. He's got a blog now, too.

fpn_1465330536__hwabutton.jpg

You don't suppose this is like that Korean guy that was making extremely well-turned fake Duofolds? Some mad lunatic fabricating almost correct T-1s in his basement?

Could be as it seems very well made. Just had another look at mine and I notice the threads between the nib section and body are very different also the underside of the nib looks wrong (my T-1 is used but in pretty good condition and hasn't been tampered with). I am sure someone out there will come up with the answer.

Peter

Not sure if the seller changed pictures or what, but how is the nib "Very damaged"? It seems straight, doesn't seem bent up or tarnished. Though it's looking more like a Myu 701 on the nib than it looks like a T1 from the pictures I can find.

The right tine on that nib looks pretty off. Definitely not quite right. At that point, I'm more surprised that the tipping hasn't just broken off.

Calculating.

The right tine on that nib looks pretty off. Definitely not quite right. At that point, I'm more surprised that the tipping hasn't just broken off.

It does? I just see the usual gap in between the tines, something I see a lot with a number of nibs so as long as the tipping touches, unless the T1 were one of those pens where there's never a visible gap between.

All the pics looks pretty normal to me, especially from the underside seems aligned and such.

Edited by KBeezie

It does? I just see the usual gap in between the tines, something I see a lot with a number of nibs so as long as the tipping touches, unless the T1 were one of those pens where there's never a visible gap between.

All the pics looks pretty normal to me, especially from the underside seems aligned and such.

If you think the nib looks normal I am rather worried. The T-1 has a VERY narrow slit and the tines are usualy parallel. The right tine is very bent. If it does turn out to be genuine I would think very few people would bid for it as one thing that caused Parker to discontinue this pen was the near impossibilty of nib repair. I suppose with a new cap inner clutch and 75 nib section one could turn it into a 75 Titanium.

Peter

If you think the nib looks normal I am rather worried. The T-1 has a VERY narrow slit and the tines are usualy parallel. The right tine is very bent. If it does turn out to be genuine I would think very few people would bid for it as one thing that caused Parker to discontinue this pen was the near impossibilty of nib repair. I suppose with a new cap inner clutch and 75 nib section one could turn it into a 75 Titanium.

I don't see one tine being anymore off than the other they appear symmetrical, but as you said specific to the T1 it should be very narrow, hence why I mentioned if it was something specific to the T1, otherwise seems normal broadly speaking of nibs. (it doesn't look "VERY" bent, very wouldn't be symmetrical, perhaps we're not looking at the same listing).

I got all the pictures blown up on the screen and other than a slightly larger than usual gap for a integrated nib, one tine doesn't seem to be in one direction or the other, symmetrical.

Edited by KBeezie

I don't see one tine being anymore off than the other they appear symmetrical, but as you said specific to the T1 it should be very narrow, hence why I mentioned if it was something specific to the T1, otherwise seems normal broadly speaking of nibs. (it doesn't look "VERY" bent, very wouldn't be symmetrical, perhaps we're not looking at the same listing).

I got all the pictures blown up on the screen and other than a slightly larger than usual gap for a integrated nib, one tine doesn't seem to be in one direction or the other, symmetrical.

I was looking at the pictures on the ebay posting. It is always difficult to pick out faults from photos. You may be correct but the gap between the tines is far too wide for a T-1. It will be interesting to see if it reaches it's reserve price.

Peter

From the eBay picture, it seems like the right tine bends somewhat abruptly near the tipping. How the tipping survived to tell the story, I'd guess that nobody knows, but...It's definitely a bit off. Matlock's got it right with how the T-1 slits are very slim and parallel.

...Who wants to bet that the tipping won't survive shipping now?

Calculating.

Couldn't a good nibmeister fix that while staying away from the tipping?

(Silly C-worders, having a pronged nib fixed on a pen they'll never write with. ;) )

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

I have to agree, the right tine definitely looks bent. From the way the slit bows outwards it does appear the pen was dropped on its tip at some point. Sad.

Couldn't a good nibmeister fix that while staying away from the tipping?

(Silly C-worders, having a pronged nib fixed on a pen they'll never write with. ;) )

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Iffy at best.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

If Ralph Prather can make whole 51's out of Ti and Stipula (?) can manage to tip Ti tines to beat the band, I Refuse to believe

this can't be repaired.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

I have to agree, the right tine definitely looks bent. From the way the slit bows outwards it does appear the pen was dropped on its tip at some point. Sad.

If that pen ever landed on a tine tip. It wouldn't be there anymore.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl