What Lamy Are You Using Today?

bernardo

2 minutes ago, Lithium466 said:

Thanks for the suggestion, PR LP blue seems worth trying! I'm a sucker for these shades of blue, and so far didn't find the perfect one.

I know, finding the perfect blue is life time job 😁... The more it glows the better I like it.  I read a post a while back that said Kon-Peki glows.  A lot of people like it, but I'm on the fence.

LINK <-- my Ink and Paper tests

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• bernardo

• prashant.tikekar

• mehandiratta

On 11/24/2022 at 11:36 AM, dms525 said:

See my reply, above. I have the same pen with a F nib and had the same problem. The problem totally resolved when I switched to a Lamy ink cartridge. I don't know whether the problem was the ink or the converter yet, but I'm happy the pen is writing well for now.

I have this problem even when using a Lamy blue cartridge. May try giving the nib and feed mechanism a dip in the ultrasonic.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Today it's been the French Blue Safari some, still trying to get through the fill of Diamine Scribble Purple, so I can flush the pen out (right now, it's back in a ziplock bag because I still haven't found the cap for it... :().  

Unless I find the cap, I've got two options.  Use the cap from one of the other Safaris the next time I ink it up (which means the other Safari doesn't get used at the same time); or bite the bullet and try to find a replacement cap that DOESN'T cost more (*before* shipping) than I paid for the pen in the first place.... :headsmack:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Lamy 2000 with a BB nib I bought during the Black Friday sales (with thanks to Milligram) - lays down just a *little* bit more ink than the F nib that it replaced!

0?ui=2&ik=7fe126f367&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f%3A1750976691988687482&th=184cb80637f96a7a&view=fimg&disp=thd&attbid=ANGjdJ_ui3f0ZUbLHLTZSxvJocv9k4rOpy_Bmyi4kKcd0qTtal24yNKoa6btyhW-TSdUDfydCkQzACRLlnVi9H2PpFAxFFW1rAxw9U4OuRWD-z-ZOX2v7Ex_1NQt7Qo&ats=2524608000000&sz=w360-h240-p-nu
cleardot.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Vintage 27 with what I think is an OM nib. It’s a little scratchy, so probably could use an alignment or some polishing, but otherwise, it is a light, nimble piston filler.

The pen is new to me so I will have to experiment with it to see if I like it for long writing sessions.

Lamy Safari medium nib and Diamine Presidential blue ink (safari is red)

Mark from the Latin Marcus follower of mars, the god of war.

Yorkshire Born, Yorkshire Bred. 

my current favourite author is Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

largebronze-letter-exc.pngflying-letter-exc.png

All week I’ve been experimenting with the stainless steel Studio I bought on a whim with a z57 f nib I had on another pen.  It’s exceptionally smooth and I like it very much.  But, today, I returned to my fine nib 2000 with Platinum Carbon Black and it reminded me why it is on so many peoples’ top 5 lists.  It’s such a delight to use.

• 3 weeks later...

Lamy Safari, Special Edition Mango with a 1.1mm Stub nib. Inked with Rohrer & Klingner - Schreibtinte Kastanienbraun (Maroon).

I am using a charcoal Lamy Safari with a fine nib, and a Lamy Vista with an extra fine nib.  I generally use black or blue(ish) inks in these pens.

IMG_2529.jpg

Pen(s) in Rotation:

Majohn A1 (Extra-Fine) - Diamine Denim

Pelikan M200 Smoky Quartz (Fine) - Iroshizuku Yama-budo

Lamy 2000 Ballpoint - Lamy Black Medium Refilll

Among the pens I was writing with today was this Electric blue Aion, Private Reserve; Lake Placid Blue ink on Kokuyo paper, Sugar Cane paper and Fabriano Medioevalis cards.

1056336789_IMG_27121024.thumb.jpg.faa6e8fa44dafcdb8412a0c852279bd1.jpg

LINK <-- my Ink and Paper tests

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing today, but yesterday was the White and Red Safari, B nib, with Lamy Crystal Azurite (one of the inks I purchased a couple of weeks ago when I was in NYC).  Stuck my nose in the Lamy Soho store, mostly to look at the a Blue and Red Safari in person --which wasn't, as it turned out, a "must have" for me --  but didn't want to leave the store empty handed, either.... :rolleyes:

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/30/2022 at 5:27 PM, inkstainedruth said:

Today it's been the French Blue Safari some, still trying to get through the fill of Diamine Scribble Purple, so I can flush the pen out (right now, it's back in a ziplock bag because I still haven't found the cap for it... :().  

Unless I find the cap, I've got two options.  Use the cap from one of the other Safaris the next time I ink it up (which means the other Safari doesn't get used at the same time); or bite the bullet and try to find a replacement cap that DOESN'T cost more (*before* shipping) than I paid for the pen in the first place.... :headsmack:

Buy the cheapest Vista you can find and use its cap on top of the French Blue until you find its cap. 

It would most probably a Vista in blister pack, with a run of the mill medium. Places to check are local art supply and big box office supply stores, Bllick websites or bundle with a new notebook or bottle of ink. 

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

On 1/8/2023 at 4:50 AM, USG said:

Among the pens I was writing with today was this Electric blue Aion, Private Reserve; Lake Placid Blue ink on Kokuyo paper, Sugar Cane paper and Fabriano Medioevalis cards.

1056336789_IMG_27121024.thumb.jpg.faa6e8fa44dafcdb8412a0c852279bd1.jpg

What a beauty!

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?