• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• bernardo

• prashant.tikekar

• mehandiratta

(Still the same) Lamy Safari Umbra, Fine with Lamy Black. 4001 Brilliant Black was stubborn when the weather is hot and dry.

Simple yet, effective.jpg

Edited by bayindirh

My Dark Lilac Safari, F nib. Just inked up last night with Diamine Pelham Blue (from their Guitar Series).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

The gold nibs aren't cheap. How do you like it?

You didn't ask the question to me but, I have a F one on my CP-1. It's wet and smooth and slightly springy and oh, addictive. It's not butter smooth though, it has some slight feedback, which I like.

Will get two more in the following months.

Edited by bayindirh

You didn't ask the question to me but, I have a F one on my CP-1. It's wet and smooth and slightly springy and oh, addictive. It's not butter smooth though, it has some slight feedback, which I like.

Will get two more in the following months.

That is nice to hear about the Lamy gold nibs. I just ordered my first one (on a Piano Black Studio, which I got on a great close-out deal). Now I look forward to trying it out.

In the meantime, today I am using an Aquamarine Studio (and a steel F nib) with the Lamy Blue factory cartridge I put in it when it unexpectedly ran dry on me some weeks back...

That is nice to hear about the Lamy gold nibs. I just ordered my first one (on a Piano Black Studio, which I got on a great close-out deal). Now I look forward to trying it out.

In the meantime, today I am using an Aquamarine Studio (and a steel F nib) with the Lamy Blue factory cartridge I put in it when it unexpectedly ran dry on me some weeks back...

Oh, that's great. Hope you enjoy it as much as me.

Lamy's gold nibs are considerably wetter than steel ones. When I filled my CP-1 with Lamy Black, it wrote Fine-Medium with a thick, really dark black line. It felt like Lamy keeps steel nibs dryer on purpose to ease the journey for the pen beginners, and gold ones wet to delight more experienced users.

Working with my Lamys today - happiness is just silly sometimes.

2K steel with a EF 18k gold nib, Pelikan violet

Vintage 2K with a B 18K gold nib, Iroshizuku Tsuky Yo

Lamy 27m with an EF nib, Noodler's Air Corp blue/black.

IMG_20200903_090128.jpg

amonjak.com

post-21880-0-68964400-1403173058.jpg

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!

Thanks, all, for the feedback on the gold nibs. I may have to give one a try one of these days. It would amuse me to put it onto a Safari.

As always, trusty dialog3, and then a new addition, studio all black - both with 14K EF nibs. Blue aion with Sailor turquoise for work.

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

As always, trusty dialog3, and then a new addition, studio all black - both with 14K EF nibs. Blue aion with Sailor turquoise for work.

A very nice and practical set of Lamys.

I mentioned somewhere else that I am waiting with great anticipation on a black Studio with a gold nib. The Studio is for me a standard workhorse, but I have never had a gold Lamy nib before, and reports on them here are generally positive.

What color is your Dialog3? I have been debating one for ages, but I cant decide whether I want black or white, and if black, which finish...what finish did you choose and why?

I always describe Lamy gold nibs as seriously underrated. I really do like them.

Lamy, as a brand is seriously underrated by some people IMHO. It's a matter of taste of course but, In every Lamy pen, there's much more than meets the eye AFAICS.

My newest addition, had less than a week: Lamy 2000 with fine nib. Impulse purchases for me usually don't work out, but this pen is so unexpectedly perfect and wet and juicy and smooth in every direction. No sweet spot to be found, it's like writing with butter. It's instantly become my favorite pen, I am really just in shock at how perfect this pen is. Have already decided to sell my new Platinum 3776 Century Shiun (had maybe only a month) because the Lamy is just better in every way and I can't see myself ever reaching for the Plat over my 2000. Some of my other pens should start getting nervous, as well lol.

9A52A274-2813-46FF-A356-51668B562B09.JPG

49AC8FA5-C225-42BA-8397-8BB1AB5C726F.JPG

Lamy 2000 with my Oberon Design Da Vinci journal cover in chocolate

Edited by inkfade

My newest addition, had less than a week: Lamy 2000 with fine nib. Impulse purchases for me usually don't work out, but this pen is so unexpectedly perfect and wet and juicy and smooth in every direction. No sweet spot to be found, it's like writing with butter. It's instantly become my favorite pen, I am really just in shock at how perfect this pen is.

attachicon.gif 9A52A274-2813-46FF-A356-51668B562B09.JPG

attachicon.gif 49AC8FA5-C225-42BA-8397-8BB1AB5C726F.JPG

Lamy 2000 with my Oberon Design Da Vinci journal cover in chocolate

+1 and what a nice notebook or cover for a notebook.

Thanks, all, for the feedback on the gold nibs. I may have to give one a try one of these days. It would amuse me to put it onto a Safari.

I had the same thought, but upon more consideration, it makes perfect sense although for me it would be the Al Star. And, only the nib touches the paper. Why not spend the money where it counts. And, the tapered end of the Al Star feels good to my fingers.

"Respect science, respect nature, respect all people (s),"