What Lamy Are You Using Today?

bernardo

Just bought second hand online days ago.

2087200272_Screenshotfrom2021-09-2914-51-27.thumb.png.f1f1828c4a63fbb256731cf6aaf95097.png

So excited to have found this Lamy studio FP/BP pair with Lamy M63 rollerball and (M) Lamy 14k 'imporium' nib

Happy joy!!

vf

πTom

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• bernardo

• prashant.tikekar

• mehandiratta

My one and only ever Lamy is sitting unloved and uninked on a pen stand on my desk waiting to be rehomed. 

Just off the coast of Tassie, Paul, there's a bunch of islands where old, unloved, Lamy's, can come to die, oops! I mean can frolic freeee, in the breeze, and the sunshine and long white clouds! 😄

vf

πTom

4 hours ago, Versofolio said:

Just off the coast of Tassie, Paul, there's a bunch of islands where old, unloved, Lamy's, can come to die, oops! I mean can frolic freeee, in the breeze, and the sunshine and long white clouds! 😄

vf

Islands? Long white clouds?

Surely, you speak of the land across the Tasman that is home to great ruggers and poor cricketers.

The very same! Although since the great plague of 2020 they all disappeared! Seems like all, (ruggers, leaguers and cricketers), have moved over to the Gold Coast!

I'm living in a little shack on an orchard, with 'Abel Tasman National Park' at the bottom of the garden.

2137855010_Screenshotfrom2021-09-3009-43-43.png.c170a378633c58666480cf5412ebcea1.png

I wish this was my Lamy 😄

vf

πTom

On 9/29/2021 at 12:59 AM, Versofolio said:

Just bought second hand online days ago.

2087200272_Screenshotfrom2021-09-2914-51-27.thumb.png.f1f1828c4a63fbb256731cf6aaf95097.png

So excited to have found this Lamy studio FP/BP pair with Lamy M63 rollerball and (M) Lamy 14k 'imporium' nib

Happy joy!!

vf

Oh, pretty. Do you know the color name?

Posted Image

Hi Misfit, you made my day!😊 Thank you, I glad you like the colour too. It's great to share the moment with someone.

Oh..and the arrival of the pens was pretty awesome too!

All well cleaned and freshly filled, (FP) with Lamy crystal Topaz, (RB) with a standard M63 refill. Both working perfectly!

I used one of the pics from the auction site so I can't vouch for their accuracy. FPN members have such a great eye for colour!

I would be willing to go out on a limb and say, "Rubin Black" Special Edition 2008. (Milk chocolate, brown, bronze shade). It is closely related to Topaz ink which I happened to have already.

Does that sound right to you?

So odd to find this colour 12/13 years after release and as a pair.

Cheers vf

πTom

I wanted to find a dedicated and well performing ink for my fourth, Lamy 'studio' and Lamy Topaz was far too intense, (saturated?) for me!

Today I have found my ideal match for the recent arrival.

Now two favourites are together. I have loved the nuanced shading and performance of, J Herbin, Cacao du Bresil for many years. The "Black Ruby", 'studio', filled with this ink is a complete winner!

Others pilgrims will have tread these weary paths before me, no doubt, but I am sharing 'my happiness' in 'my pen community' today. I am well pleased.

vf

494606923_LamyStudioRubyBlack1.thumb.JPG.f04eb1340b4c9db42730a1fa76b53f71.JPG

πTom

On 9/28/2021 at 5:34 PM, mazinger55 said:

Lamy Safari , prototype year 2005.

EDCC32F2-3C58-441A-BA5C-41A2DA2AED4D.jpeg

A3FF917F-EA04-416E-A7D6-E3BBAFBB7860.jpeg

C1724548-257A-4522-B9EF-0C77E24EEDC6.jpeg

F89725FC-0AA2-4D40-A90D-9FD626F37814.jpeg

067F2ACF-44B8-4A89-96D4-C1B14DA1A80C.jpeg

9F5E2E4E-44F6-40FE-8D10-8FD1F631BC78.jpeg

How interesting! How did you get those prototypes? I have the regular version which I like a lot.

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

• 3 months later...

Many L2K in many colours...

Lamy Persona Titanium Fine point in Akkerman Sbre Brown.

LYTH

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee402/LYTH1/031.jpg

Lamy AL-star EF filled with Montblanc Irish Green. 

A513BA4C-5C6A-4E87-962C-C02835679684.jpeg

Edited by Waverly

Pen(s) in Rotation:

Majohn A1 (Extra-Fine) - Diamine Denim

Pelikan M200 Smoky Quartz (Fine) - Iroshizuku Yama-budo

Lamy 2000 Ballpoint - Lamy Black Medium Refilll

11 hours ago, AmandaW said:

Lamy Aion with a fine nib and Diamine Ancient Copper.

large.lamy_aion.jpg.0ad1aa62e5dfef1c6fa5788491c48282.jpg

Ohhh, I like that color. Is it a new one for Lamy?

25 minutes ago, N1003U said:

Ohhh, I like that color. Is it a new one for Lamy?

Mine was bought used, but I think it was the Special colour from 2019.

Will work for pens... :unsure:

4 hours ago, AmandaW said:

Mine was bought used, but I think it was the Special colour from 2019.

Ah, thanks--a very striking color in the photo.

Three - a Lamy 27e inked with a mystery turquoise ink (could be one of four, I'll try to work it out at some point), Lamy ABC with 'A' nib, inked with Rohrer & Klingner Marlene, and Lamy 2000 (Bauhaus Edition) inked with Lamy Petrol. 

Instagram @inkysloth

Safari in ‘Charcoal’/‘Umbra’, with an EF nib.
Inked with Sailor Kiwa Guro.
This ink’s blackness, water-resistance, and thinness of line are all desirable when sending postcards. Especially when one is as egregiously-prolix as I am :blush:

Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.

mini-postcard-exc.png