Inky T O D - Color Swatches - Green - Please Post Your Pictures And Tell Us Your Thoughts

amberleadavis

Monteverde Jade Noir. I love this dark green with black undertones.

That one looks really nice, Errant. Getting ready to try KWZ Green #5 but I'll keep the MV in mind.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• Jan2016

• HalloweenHJB

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

Here are a few green swabs that I placed together:

Love these comparison lineups, thanks! And I'm glad I ordered, amongst others, Diamine Salamander. It's so weird, it looks promising!

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

Thank you all for the contributions. I love seeing different colors.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Some greens --

post-133435-0-50127700-1522566640_thumb.jpg

post-133435-0-34181000-1522566881_thumb.jpg

The (s) means I only have a sample instead of a bottle.

Yes, that means I had 24 bottles of green ink. And I say "had" because since I made this, I have bought at least another 3 more bottles of green ink.

@MamaJones - which three did you acquire and of the greens, which is your favorite, and which is the one you use the most (they may not be the same).

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

@MamaJones - which three did you acquire and of the greens, which is your favorite, and which is the one you use the most (they may not be the same).

So when I went to look, it turns out I actually have FIVE new greens, not three. And one sample I somehow overlooked (it was "lost" in a backpack), the gorgeous Diamine Shimmertastic Golden Oasis:

post-133435-0-01303500-1523062526_thumb.jpg

As you can see, I did two versions of Colorverse Brane, one before shaking up the bottle and one after. Unfortunately, you can't really tell in the picture, but there is a difference.

As for my favorite green, well, you might guess just based on the numbers (28 bottles and counting) that I really love green, all shades and tints, from the yellowest Chartreuse to the murkiest dark evergreen. So it's hard to say which one I love best or even use the most. But I'll try.

I've filled more than one pen with Kyo no oto Kokeiro, R&K Alt Goldgrun, Diamine Meadow, Pelikan Dark Green, Monteverde Olivine, and most recently Montblanc Daniel DeFoe. I also love DeA Jane Austen (Dark Green) and Platinum Forest Black (an IG). And next I have to fill pens with Colorverse Brane and with Sailor Tokiwa-Matsu. (I do love the Golden Oasis too: who can resist green with gold?!)

The greens I like least are Lamy Charged Green (too light), Bungubox Dandyism (which I wanted to love, but didn't!), the 3 Noodler's Greens (mostly boring), and Montblanc Irish Green (heresy I know, but I don't get the fuss!).

So many greens....Oh, forgot that Montegrappa Green has an lovely sheen. And Robert Oster Sublime is really fun to look at. And I really want to get a full bottle of R Oster Jade....

@mamajones thank you for the comparison, it's invaluable to me!

Dunkelgrun dries up very often very quickly in this pen. It's its second fill, and it didn't feel this dry during the first fill. Now I know I should have flushed the pen with water in-between fills.

Pen: Wing Sung 3008 <LAMY Z50 F>

Ink: Pelikan 4001 Dark Green

Paper: Clairefontaine 90g/m.

fpn_1523120153__pelikan_4001_dunkelgrun_

Paper: Clairefontaine 90g/m.

fpn_1523120153__pelikan_4001_dunkelgrun_

I just LOVE your fish doodles (here and in "red" thread)!

Pelikan Dark Green may be dry, but I love the little red sheen around the edges..

I just LOVE your fish doodles (here and in "red" thread)!

Pelikan Dark Green may be dry, but I love the little red sheen around the edges..

Thank you. Absolutely agree with you, Dark Green's red halo and sheen is so subtle and sneaky but stunning. The first time I saw it I thought I was hallucinating it!

Mamajones, you have a ton of green ink. I loved the comparisons. :D I thought I had a lot of green, but you have way more than me.

This fish came out darker and with less shading, but I still like the color.

Paper: Local.

fpn_1523208136__pelikan_4001_dunkelgrun_

Verdigris looks so dark blue on copy paper. Yuck. I mean, it's a nice color, but where is that lovely, indescribable very dark teal, very dark green sort of hue? I'll pull something on Clairef soon.

Pen: Yiren 359 F

Ink: Rohrer Klingner Verdigris

Paper: Copy 80g/m

fpn_1523471912__rk_verdigris_doodle_fish

Pelikan 4001 Dark Green in Wing Sung 3008 with Lamy F nib, unusually dry though.

Diamine Steel Blue in Faber-Castell Loom B.

fpn_1523562936__pelikan_4001_dunkelgrun_

Very nice.

I recently ordered samples of two KWZ green, #5 and #3. Here's #5.

fpn_1523607652__kwz_5_crop.jpg

This is a great color, a pure green that doesn't lean blue or yellow. I've been hankering to try a brighter green and this certainly fills the bill. I can't, however, see using it more than occasionally.

Here's #3.

fpn_1523608589__kwz_3_crop.jpg

I find it hideous in exactly the same way as both Harmonious Green and 4001 Dark Green (going by Royal's example above). The underlying blueness just sets my teeth on edge for some reason I can't explain. (The "l" in dunkelgrun (above) is exactly what I'm talking about; you can see it in my sample, too.) Not knocking anyone who likes this type of green but it's right up there with blurple for me.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Dunkelgrun dried up in the nib so I put it in my Wing Sung 618, nice and wet. This is my last design with it in that dry nib so sorry for hue inaccuracy.

Pelikan 4001 Dark Green is in a Wing Sung 3008 with a Lamy >50 F nib.

Rohrer & Klingner Verdigris is in a Yiren 359 F.

Paper: Clareinfontaine 90g/m.

fpn_1523709489__rk_verdigris_pelikan_400

I recently ordered samples of two KWZ green, #5 and #3. Here's #5.

fpn_1523607652__kwz_5_crop.jpg

This is a great color, a pure green that doesn't lean blue or yellow. I've been hankering to try a brighter green and this certainly fills the bill. I can't, however, see using it more than occasionally.

Here's #3.

fpn_1523608589__kwz_3_crop.jpg

I find it hideous in exactly the same way as both Harmonious Green and 4001 Dark Green (going by Royal's example above). The underlying blueness just sets my teeth on edge for some reason I can't explain. (The "l" in dunkelgrun (above) is exactly what I'm talking about; you can see it in my sample, too.) Not knocking anyone who likes this type of green but it's right up there with blurple for me.

word

Germany special - Diamine Calligraphy Passion, a bright green/yellow. Despite its name it is for Fountain pens.

post-100486-0-58082400-1523724603_thumb.jpeg

Verba volant, scripta manent