Inky T O D - Color Swatches - Green - Please Post Your Pictures And Tell Us Your Thoughts

amberleadavis

Ah, the amazing richness of all the various colors! I love blue-green, but don't like yellow-green. Funny how the brain interprets these things... :)

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• Jan2016

• HalloweenHJB

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

Monteverde Green. This is Monteverde's official brand color, offered as an ink.

I've just filled the pen, so no firm experience with this ink so far, but for fans of dark greens, it's worth considering. On my monitor, the scan comes out a little brighter than in real life.

Clairefontaine paper.

fpn_1489523220__montverde_green.jpg

Thanks for the heads-up! Now I know my next green ;)

Practice, patience, perseverance

• 4 weeks later...

Sailor Waka-Uguisu. This ink, to me, avoids being a murky green by having enough clear yellow to stay on the "foliage" side of the green spectrum.

fpn_1491787352__sailor_waka_uguisu.jpg

Edited by ErrantSmudge

Rohrer and Klingner Alt-Goldgrün.

This ink is more similar to Waka-Uguisu than I first thought. But it has a red component along with the yellow (not captured by the scanner, alas) that make this a "murky" green. I like them both.

fpn_1491787469__r_and_k_alt_goldgrun.jpg

Edited by ErrantSmudge

Oh, wow, those two need side by side comparisons .... please???

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I'll try to do a head-to-head between Waka-Uguisu and Alt-Goldgrün in the Comparisons forum soon. I was surprised at how close the two inks are. The differences in real life are as subtle as the scans.

I don't think I can come up with a comparison format anywhere near as inspired as namrehsnoom's "Ink Shootout" series, but I'll give it a try.

Edited by ErrantSmudge

These two inks are very similar. Waka-Uguisu has more of a lime tone, Alt-Goldgrün has more of an olive tone.

fpn_1491939409__waka_uguisu_vs_alt_goldg

fpn_1491939431__wu_vs_ag_phone_result.jp

Edited by ErrantSmudge

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2017_1_Ink/04-April/slides/2017-04-10_Ink_119.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I wish I understood the chemistry of inks, but the surface color is almost the same, while there is an "undertone" that sets Alt Goldgrün apart. There is a clearly golden color that comes out on certain papers, and especially if you do a blotch on a paper towel.

With some inks, it seems that there are two very distinct and separate (separating) ink colors that combine under some circumstances, and separate under other ones. I LOVE THAT.

I wish I understood the chemistry of inks, but the surface color is almost the same, while there is an "undertone" that sets Alt Goldgrün apart. There is a clearly golden color that comes out on certain papers, and especially if you do a blotch on a paper towel.

With some inks, it seems that there are two very distinct and separate (separating) ink colors that combine under some circumstances, and separate under other ones. I LOVE THAT!

See, you, Vis and Cyber6 are all over the sophisticated and murky colors. I admire that about you. I'd say that I prefer down to earth colors, but that's not true, I like BLING. Think the inky equal of Liberace - 1970s Elvis - and Rhinestone Cowboys. Now we are Inking!

This is how I want to dress for court. :)

http://www.messynessychic.com/2015/05/14/the-rhinestone-cowboy-king-a-retrospective-of-dolly-partons-favourite-tailor/

http://static.messynessychic.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/rhinestone6.jpg

You mean that judges won't allow you to dress like that for court? The monsters! ;)

I know! Seriously this is Vegas, Baby!

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2017_1_Ink/04-April/slides/2017-04-10_Ink_017.jpg

Tried a sample from a colleague's bottle:

post-135466-0-11189400-1494600442_thumb.jpg

Not one for me, but I prefer greens on the yellow side.

Would be okay for drawing Christmas trees on cards I suppose...

That's funny. I love PRSG. It's so sheeny and shady.

You know that I don't go ga-ga for green inks, but that looks like one I could actually enjoy!

You know that I don't go ga-ga for green inks, but that looks like one I could actually enjoy!

It's odd I really like greenish blues, but I'm just not into blueish greens. I bought a 15ml bottle of Shin-ryoku and I think I've used it once. I've got a bottles of Papier Plume's Moss Green and Streetcar Green in the post, and whilst I'm positive I'll love the former, I'm unsure about the latter.

I like the look of PRSG. It looks very similar to GvFC Moss Green to me. The Moss Green is my favorite green at the moment.

It's odd I really like greenish blues, but I'm just not into blueish greens. I bought a 15ml bottle of Shin-ryoku and I think I've used it once. I've got a bottles of Papier Plume's Moss Green and Streetcar Green in the post, and whilst I'm positive I'll love the former, I'm unsure about the latter.

Funny how we have the greenish-blue / bluish-green conversation so frequently here. Something about the color receptors in the retina, in addition to our emotional reactions to such hybrid colors. Fascinating!

I tend to dislike most "regular" or "pure" greens, but I really do enjoy green as long as it has a little or a lot of blue (e.g., Emerald of Chivor, Blue Suede, Smaragdgrün, etc). I'm just weird, I guess! :)

Edited by HalloweenHJB