Inky T O D - Color Swatches - Green - Please Post Your Pictures And Tell Us Your Thoughts

amberleadavis

Very cheerful.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• Jan2016

• HalloweenHJB

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Colors/Green/2013-Ink_782.jpg

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2017_2_Ink/06-June/slides/2017-06-10_Ink_20.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2017_2_Ink/06-June/slides/2017-06-10_Ink_26.jpg

I seem to confuse Tropical Green with Dark Forest all the time, TG is darker than I my mental image of a "tropical" green, whatever that means.

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

• 2 weeks later...

On the left you have a dry exposed nib, on the right you have a wet hooded nib. I thought it would be interesting to share this difference.

Pen on the left: Lanbitou 3059 with Wing Sung F nib.

Pen on the right: Luoshi 325.

Ink: Rohrer & Klingner Verdigris.

Paper: Clairefontaine 90g/m.

fpn_1524992459__rk_verdigris_doodle_plan

I did some comparisons with Rohrer & Klingner Verdigris since I liked it from the get-go. It's picky with the paper and with the pen, it's too dark to see any green in fine wet nibs, but once you broaden a bit it shows a lovely dark deep green. Definitely worth the whole bottle IMO. It's quickly reached my Pelikan 4001 Dark Green in terms of daily use.

RK Verdigris in Luoshi 325.

Pelikan Dark Green in Wing Sung 618.

fpn_1525081714__rk_verdigris_pelikan_400

Here's a comparison with Diamine Kelly Green, even though they're so different, I just wanted to see how much different they are in close quarters. But I didn't account for the fact that they're in too close quarters, so Kelly got corrupted by the darker tone of Verdigris, so I re-did this comparison a second time, with much much better results.

If you want a nice dark green leaning towards blue and a nice bright spring-grass green, these are the colors I recommend as of today.

RK Verdigris in Luoshi 325.

Kelly Green in Pilot Pluminix B.

Paper Clairefontaine 90g/m.

fpn_1525081927__rk_verdigris_diamine_kel

fpn_1525082196__rk_verdigris_diamine_kel

After my RK Verdigris comparisons, I got curious about comparing my two earliest green inks.

Diamine Kelly Green is in a Pilot Pluminix B.

Pelikan 4001 Dark Green is in a wonderfully wet Wing Sung 618. I really like this combination since Dunkelgrun is a dry ink and needs a generous feed and a wet nib to truly shine.

fpn_1525203419__diamine_kelly_green_peli

I think I’d like slightly more acid in the yellow green. And a touch brighter. But it’s a nice shadow and light combo. The Verdegris is nice too, but can read too blue a lot.

Thanks to the greatest pen friend of all times, MsRedPen, I could ink up a pen with GvFC Olive Green and it's a lovely murky green, leaning towards greengrey and ocre. I really like it, but the price is steep, so I'll wait until a few paychecks start to come in before I consider it. But I think I'm going to consider buying a bottle in the future, unless I find a doppelganger ink that's as well-behaved and cheaper. Because Olive Green is very well-behaved, more than I expected.

Graf von Faber-Castell Olive Green in Faber-Castell Loom M.

Diamine Kelly Green in Pilot Pluminix B.

fpn_1525430709__diamine_kelly_green_gvfc

Edited by RoyalBlueNotebooks

RBN, I am happy you liked the Olive green!

So nice to see your comparisons :)

LETTER EXCHANGE PARTICIPANT

I am so getting a bottle of Alt-Goldgrun. I thought it was one of those unduly overrated colors, but nope, it's as fascinating in person as it appears in pictures. I'm so so thankful to MsRedPen, who made this comparison possible. :cloud9: Also, the more I use Olive Green the more I like it. It's gone straight into my wish list of inks I'd like to acquire as soon as I'm able.

Graf von Faber-Castell Olive Green in Faber-Castell Loom M.

Rohrer & Klingner Alt-Goldgrun in Sailor Pro Gear Slim H-FM.

Clairefontaine 90g/m.

fpn_1525884808__rk_alt-goldgrun_gvfc_oli

This is what I was saying about Salamander being so dark you can't see the green when it's in a wet writer. Apart from Verdigris which came out practically blue here, I haven't the foggiest on why, while Salamander is basically a black with a hint of murky green. It's a very intriguing color.

fpn_1526123845__rk_verdigris_diamine_sal

Rohrer & Klingner Alt-Goldgrun in Sailor Pro Gear Slim H-FM.

Diamine Kelly Green in Pilot Pluminix B.

Paper is Clairefontaine 90g/m.

fpn_1526229120__rk_alt-goldgrun_diamine_

• 2 weeks later...

Quick doodle!

Pen: Sailor Pro Gear Slim H-FM.

Ink: Rohrer Klingner Alt-Goldgrun.

fpn_1527436681__rk_alt-goldgrun_doodle_p

My notes on these doodles say "Diamine Kelly Green" but I find it hard to believe. This must have been right after an inky experiment with another color, because this is NOT the usual Kelly Green.

Pen: Generic 0.7.

Paper: Clairefontaine.

fpn_1527776527__diamine_kelly_green_dood

Or perhaps a mix of Alt-Goldgrün and Kelly Green.

Edited by ErrantSmudge

It looks like Alt-Goldgrün.

Or perhaps a mix of Alt-Goldgrün and Kelly Green.

I traced back the inky experiment I did before these doodles. Of course it's the one with Monteverde Rose Noir (sent by a dear pen friend!).

I forgot to "flush" the nib and feed by screwing the converter down a bit to let the true Diamine Kelly Green come out, and that Alt-Goldgrun-like color was the result. But it's actually a recently-mixed Kelly Green. Inky experiments are so fun! Thank you, Lgsoltek, for suggesting them!

fpn_1527590206__diamine_kelly_green_mont

I traced back the inky experiment I did before these doodles. Of course it's the one with Monteverde Rose Noir (sent by a dear pen friend!).

I forgot to "flush" the nib and feed by screwing the converter down a bit to let the true Diamine Kelly Green come out, and that Alt-Goldgrun-like color was the result. But it's actually a recently-mixed Kelly Green. Inky experiments are so fun! Thank you, Lgsoltek, for suggesting them!

fpn_1527590206__diamine_kelly_green_mont

Wow, this is beautiful!

Wow, this is beautiful!

Thank you, so kind!

It's an easy thing to do, just let a drop of ink fall into the slit between the tines of an inked-up pen, and start writing right away. It works best with completely different colors, and with a dark ink added to a light color. The reverse sometimes doesn't work.