Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Inky T O D - Color Swatches - Violet - Purple - Please Post Your Pictures And Tell Us Your Thoughts

amberleadavis

amberleadavis

large.2013-Ink_558.jpg.23f313b69e90284617f731a93f313e33.jpgOrganics Studio 

Posie Pink

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar

Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• HalloweenHJB

• lgsoltek

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

amberleadavis

large.2013-07-21_Purples_Large.jpg.f30eed492c98d4c3d4d9f25aad96710e.jpg

Purple Comparisons

Levenger Amethyst

Noodler's Purple Diluted

Nostalgic Impressions Purple

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Check out inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

amberleadavis

Akkerman #13 Simplisties Violet

Akkerman #14 Parkpop Purper

Akkerman #15 Voorhout Violet

and the Akkerman Magenta

large.15-Akkerman.jpg.441546c235845dee7555d45e7e14b384.jpglarge.13-Akkerman.jpg.8bcc9a716c9b019e3bc077bced6779d2.jpglarge.14-Akkerman.jpg.6348805a61e23ab066d953cc7f603955.jpglarge.12-Akkerman.jpg.c14503aaabf29bf2a5fc8068b5e4d811.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
amberleadavis

PXL_20210525_005206197.thumb.jpg.7844d0ea8536f1ec42ba09453354af17.jpg

PithyProlix
On 4/27/2021 at 6:43 AM, amberleadavis said:

large.2013-Ink_524.jpg.9ee5afdbff0a0690da3c790e63b9d250.jpg

Scabiosa

Rohrer & Klingner

Do you remember the pen and/or paper?

"Most people enjoy the sight of their own handwriting as they enjoy the smell of their own farts." - W. H. Auden

amberleadavis

The paper is Astroparche and the pen was a TWSBI 540 with a broad nib (I think) but that was my preferred pen at the time. 

PithyProlix
6 hours ago, amberleadavis said:

The paper is Astroparche and the pen was a TWSBI 540 with a broad nib (I think) but that was my preferred pen at the time. 

Thanks - looks really good! I wish I could get my Scabiosa to look like that ...

"Most people enjoy the sight of their own handwriting as they enjoy the smell of their own farts." - W. H. Auden

amberleadavis
14 hours ago, PithyProlix said:

Thanks - looks really good! I wish I could get my Scabiosa to look like that ...

You need a really wet pen.  

• 4 weeks later...

Golly, that Ink of the Witch is quite yummy!

Also Voorhout Violet. In the conspiracy theory where all Akkerman is relabeled Diamine (in funky bottles!), would this be Damson?

I see Kobe #9 is finally back in stock at VanNess (so not limited edition - phew!). I'd love to see a swatch of that one.

Did anyone ever try PenBBS Misty Mountains?

PithyProlix
8 hours ago, pgcauk said:

Also Voorhout Violet. In the conspiracy theory where all Akkerman is relabeled Diamine (in funky bottles!), would this be Damson?

Hmm, now that you mention it...

(from inksnibs.com)

spacer.pngspacer.png

8 hours ago, pgcauk said:

Did anyone ever try PenBBS Misty Mountains?

This one is at the top of my want list. Now, if I could only find a source with a reasonable shipping price to me. 

ENewton
21 hours ago, PithyProlix said:

Hmm, now that you mention it...

(from inksnibs.com)

spacer.pngspacer.png

This one is at the top of my want list. Now, if I could only find a source with a reasonable shipping price to me. 

Stunning!

PithyProlix
On 6/22/2021 at 10:55 PM, pgcauk said:

Thank you very much for the note, @pgcauk

Yes, that Mountain of Ink review and another - Fountain Pen Pharmacist - are what got me interested in Misty Mountain. 

Ever since I received samples of Barossa Grape and Purple Rock I have developed a fascination with Oster's violets/purples, which has also been spurred on, in part, by your previous pics of sample writing and such. Sydney Lavender is definitely at the very top of my wants and Summer Storm is very close - also Purple Jazz/Soul and Charcoal. And I believe Dark Chocolate and Berry D'Arche are very good candidates for my quest to find an ink that captures the color of the purples yams like you can see in my profile photo.

(And now my interest in Damson, which I have previously liked but not loved, is re-ignited ...)