Inky T O D - Color Swatches - Violet - Purple - Please Post Your Pictures And Tell Us Your Thoughts

amberleadavis

If this smells as good as it looks, I'll have to get me some. Already got me the Elderberries, which I like a lot!

Yes, it does. I think it's Aubergine because the colors look the same in my samples, but the scent is delicious.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• HalloweenHJB

• pgcauk

• lgsoltek

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A recent CRV with Amberlea: deA Cabernet Sauvignon and Diamine Syrah. Cheers!

fpn_1483636325__cabernet-syrah.jpg

And some more purples: deA Aubergine, deA Elderberries (scented), WN Purple, deA Blackberry (scented), and Noodler's BSAR:

fpn_1483636283__aubergine-elderberries-b

De Atrementis Aubergine. I discovered this from a CRV sent to me by Amberlea. I bought a bottle for myself. It is a rich, dark purple with red undertones, that is dark enough to serve as a purple-black but is actually a true purple.

fpn_1483561036__dea_aubergine.jpg

Very nice! Oh, and by the way, have you ever been to Century Pens on south LaSalle? We don't have a decent pen / ink store here in Indianapolis, so I was wondering if Century would be worth a day trip...

I don't understand why Lamy only offers their violet ink in cartridges. All their other colors also come in a bottled form, and it's been this way for many years.

I can only think it's a way to sell Lamy pens, since you have to have a Lamy pen in order to use this color ink.

Edited by ErrantSmudge

Very nice! Oh, and by the way, have you ever been to Century Pens on south LaSalle? We don't have a decent pen / ink store here in Indianapolis, so I was wondering if Century would be worth a day trip...

Not yet, I work downtown, I want to make it there some day when we get into the double digit temps! I am not really a luxury pen buyer but would be nice to see the place.

I don't understand why Lamy only offers their violet ink in cartridges. All their other colors also come in a bottled form, and it's been this way for many years.

I can only think it's a way to sell Lamy pens, since you have to have a Lamy pen in order to use this color ink.

Wikipedia says Lamy and Parker cartridges are interchangeable. Haven't tried it myself.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Wikipedia says Lamy and Parker cartridges are interchangeable. Haven't tried it myself.

Really? Ooh, this sounds exciting! I will have to try this. And my two Aurora pens both have Parker converters in them, so maybe it works in those pens too.

Really? Ooh, this sounds exciting! I will have to try this. And my two Aurora pens both have Parker converters in them, so maybe it works in those pens too.

I was sorting cartridges and I really thought that they looked compatible, so that would be good try. Thank you.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I remember reading somewhere that Amber says DA Aubergine has a scented version that smells quite good, but I don't remember the name and can't find the post anymore...

OOPs, I don't remember either. My brain is giving me the silent treatment.

Vis found it!

Giacomo Puccini

Aubergine

Music

Louise Aston

Aubergine

Power Woman

Birthday Ink

Aubergine

Holidays

Check out his spreadsheet.

I've prepared excel worksheet with De Atramentis inks - it's not complete, I need to update it with scented inks, but if you want, take a look or download it. Alva Edison is actually Black Red. Aubergine has at least four names: Aubergine, Louise Aston, Giacomo Puccini, Birthday ink.

fpn_1483988903__img_2598.jpg

fpn_1483988942__img_2599.jpg

"We are one."

– G'Kar, The Declaration of Principles

fpn_1483996041__img_20170109_130127.jpg

There is also no problem at all screwing on the barrel - it has enough clearance to accommodate the Lamy cartridge.

Edited by ErrantSmudge

Thank you! I wonder if we should start and new thread with that information so it could be found in the future.

I've started a brand new thread to discuss Lamy/Parker cart interchangeability here:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/317282-lamy-and-parker-cartridges-interchangeable/

@Noihvo -- if you would like to repost your test results there, we can carry on the experiments in the new location.