Inky T O D - Color Swatches - Brown - Please Post Your Pictures And Tell Us Your Thoughts

amberleadavis

Wow, those are great.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• HalloweenHJB

• pgcauk

• Jan2016

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not loving, loving this ink. It's OK, but not special. A light "toffee" brown that doesn't really grab me, but someone may find it gorgeous...

fpn_1420327016__hoppjesbruin-hjb.jpg

I found it to be too dry for my tastes.

THat could also go in Yellow / Gold.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I found it to be too dry for my tastes.

THat could also go in Yellow / Gold.

Done!

Just got a fresh bottle of Private Reserve Vampire Red. It looks different from the first bottle I had (and had to throw away due to mold) --I wonder if it's a new formulation. And now that I know about how gunky it can be (used to be), I did a double filter of it right off the bat. I took a funnel and a coffee filter, poured the ink into an empty bottle, washed out the original bottle and cap, threw away the filter, put in a fresh one, and filtered the ink back into its original bottle. We'll see how that works...

If this is a new formulation, I like the color less than before: it's lighter and less vivid, although it is a nice reddish brown. What do you all think?

fpn_1420818629__vampire_red-hjb.jpeg

I think it is awful.

I think it is awful.

Good to know. No inky ghosts with this ink, then. With other inks, you can count on it... ;)

It is ugly. Then again, it also kind of looks like that MB red chalk people are crazy about.

Fountain pens forever and forever a hundred years fountain pens, all day long forever, forever a hundred times, over and over Fountain Pen Network Adventures dot com!

- Joe

An ink that I have not been too fond of. There is a slight greenish tint that doesn't show up in the scan, but kind of creeps me out...

fpn_1420912554__copper_burst-hjb.jpeg

Halloween, I'll take ghosts anyway I can get them!

As for the copper burst, I don't know why I don't use the ink, it just doesn't motivate me.

You make everything look good!

Precious acquisition: Francesco Rubinato "Seppia con essensa di cuoio antico." Very pleased.

fpn_1421339896__seppia-hjb.jpeg

These Rubinatos cost a pretty penny these days and seem to be no longer available for sale.

These Rubinatos cost a pretty penny these days and seem to be no longer available for sale.

Au contraire, ma chérie! I just purchased two bottles and they arrived today. I'm not sure how much they have in stock, but I ordered them from "Treasures 2 Remember" [www.treasures2remember.com] As I recall, they only had three colors left, so it might be a good idea to grab up their inventory...

Treasures will not be restocking when we talked to them. Thus what they have may be the last.

Treasures will not be restocking when we talked to them. Thus what they have may be the last.

Good to know! I may have to go back for more and sell them secretly on the streets of Indy... ;)