Your Favourite Edison

Gorpy

My first custom pen was an Edison Herald Grande, matte black acrylic with the engraved/roughed up ends.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/167046-edison-herald-grande/

I sold it a few years ago to fund my own pen making insanity.

Eventually I'll get a Menlo pump filler with matte black ebonite cap and barrel end knob, with transparent gray barrel, and matte black section. :D

I've already talked to Brian about it too. This one will get the engraved/roughed up ends as well. :P

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• amk

• Gorpy

• Doug C

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pearl in just about any material. Far more comfortable than any pen that size should be. Also, I've had fewer skipping/dryness problems from the Pearls that I've had. Don't know why that would be though, probably just luck.

I will eventually get one made from the Black Rose Acrylic. Just deciding between if I want it in Pearl, Glenmount, or Herald.

I have smaller hands - and I like the Pearlette. But my favorite shape is the Herald. Just a classic shape. Pulling the trigger on a Menlo real soon.

I saw those at a pen show and they were stunning!

I also have a Huron bulb filler in Lavender Ebonite and a New Mexico Club pen that is based on the Pearl. All of them have fine stubs and write great.

Here is a review I did on the Huron:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/150144-edison-pen-company/

Edited by Doug C

the Danitrio Fellowship

I would say, it's my first one : a Mina in black satin finish Ebonite.

I love everything about that pen: the precision engineering, simple timeless elegance of the 1920s and last but not least a perfectly tuned nib.

-k

• 2 weeks later...

I have a customized Herald in red/black ebonite. Nigh on perfect. The ebonite is so light & balanced I could use it all day.

"how do I know what I think until I write it down?"

I only have one, a Hudson EF, but I'm a little besotted with it at the moment . . . :wub:

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_edison_hudson_pen.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/LitlJaimo/Fountain%20Pens/Glenmontfull.jpg

Glenmont in Grey Skies acrylic. Sadly, this pen was damaged in a car accident a few years ago, but I finally ordered a replacement in Milky Way since it looks like it replaced the Grey Skies (or is the same?), and it should be ready in a few weeks. I've owned several Edisons, but the Glenmont fits my hand the best. I'm tempted to get a Pearl in Fern ebonite since it looks like it'll fit my hand a bit better. Loved my Collier in blue/black ebonite but it was a tad too big.

~Jaime

(she/her)

My first Edison is scheduled to be turned tomorrow! Brian will be making me a Clipless Pearl in Flecked Tortoise Acrylic! It's been a long two months of waiting--very very excited!

C

• 3 weeks later...

The only one I have (until my Noveau in green flake arrives from Goulet Pens) is my copper flake Herald. It's my favorite, and has caught the eye of more than one coworker :)

post-120708-0-03101100-1424577106_thumb.jpg

Beautiful green. Oh, and gold nib. If you want to, please share a writing sample.

Enjoy!

Edited by Misfit
Posted Image

• 1 month later...

post-116129-0-04228900-1429262300_thumb.jpgpost-116129-0-11064900-1429262320_thumb.jpgMy first and only Edison is a Collier Antique Marble with a 18k medium nib. I just got it yesterday. What a fountain pen! Stunning!

A good fountainpen is an edc reliable writing tool