Your Favourite Edison

Gorpy

I'm just curious about what your favourite Edison pen is or what it would be if you had one. From all those materials and pens. I would have a Huron in Slate Lemon/Lime(Sadly, I am still a high school student, so I am saving up for university). I think that Slate Lemon/Lime is one of my favourite materials I've ever seen. Although, I have never seen a PEN made from it, just the samples. Also, if you have pictures of what it is even better and feel free to share.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• amk

• Gorpy

• Rudolf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a Menlo. I got to try it out at the Chicago Pen Show but haven't filled it yet. I'd like a Beaumont pneumatic filler in molten ores or stained glass.

I chose the color for my Menlo because the swirls reminded me of smoke, and the color reminds me of the phone. The neon is actually argon (based on looking at noble gases on Wikipedia).

post-48471-0-79471400-1417414604_thumb.jpg

Posted Image

I have a Menlo. I got to try it out at the Chicago Pen Show but haven't filled it yet. I'd like a Beaumont pneumatic filler in molten ores or stained glass.

I chose the color for my Menlo because the swirls reminded me of smoke, and the color reminds me of the phone. The neon is actually argon (based on looking at noble gases on Wikipedia).

Oooohh, very nice! Also :thumbup: for chemistry nerds. I notice many people especially with the Menlo have that material or a colour variant of it.

The Huron and the Menlo are two of my favourite models too. But it will probably be a year or so before I can order anything form Edison Pens.

The praise of the praiseworthy is above all rewards.

Brian Gray sent a message earlier this year about cartridge/converter pens. I had been preferring internal filling system pens. But Edisons with C/C are cheaper, so I thought, well, I could get both colors easier that way. But I do want that pneumatic filler.

The problem with having more choice with C/C is which version of Edison to get. It's kind of hard to choose looking at the images of the different models. So let's hope more Edison owners see your message and share their thoughts with us.

@Gorpy I'm glad you liked the chemisty tie-in. It seems all colors of gases used in lighting get called Neon. But it isn't really correct if the color is like that in my phone. So I had to look up neon gases, which led me to noble gases which led to photos. It seemed mine had to be Argon. Then when I realized I really wanted a Menlo, I had to see if one would match my phone's Argon. I was very happy to see that color in Brian's wares at the Chicago Pen Show.

Brian Gray is good at answering questions, so you could ask if he thinks he'll keep your favorite color in his rotation. I hope you can get one as a graduation present. I love the logo with the light bulb.

Edited by Misfit
Posted Image

That's one I hadn't seen before The transparency is fascinating - does it qualify as a demonstrator? :) I have three Edisons, a Herald, Huron and Collier - the Collier in Persimmon Swirl was in its way a grail pen for me, and hasn't disappointed. Really lively swirls and vibrant colour. (My father hates it, but he's a paid-up member of the Black Pen Society.)

I would love to find an Edison in ebonite.

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/

At the moment my favourite is my Collier in Persimmon Swirl, but I suspect that my Glenmont acrylic will become my new favourite when I start using it. (I've put it away for Christmas)

Whatever is true,whatever is noble,whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

Philippians 4.8

My favorite Edison (I have two) is the Pearl

I purchased from Brian at the Philly Show back

in 2010.

While I don't have a large number of Edisons, it's still hard to choose.

The Bedrock Flake Beaumont is probably the winner, just because my kids got it for me and I'm a geologist - so the 'bedrock' has a sentimental value.

I took the plunge and had Brian make up a Glenmont in mustard brown and black ebonite with a stub italic. I'll take some pictures because it's a nice looking pen. Really love the way ebonite feels in the hand. Nothing like it.

Jack

While I don't have a large number of Edisons, it's still hard to choose.

The Bedrock Flake Beaumont is probably the winner, just because my kids got it for me and I'm a geologist - so the 'bedrock' has a sentimental value.

I took the plunge and had Brian make up a Glenmont in mustard brown and black ebonite with a stub italic. I'll take some pictures because it's a nice looking pen. Really love the way ebonite feels in the hand. Nothing like it.

Jack

Sorry, but just had to make this pun, the pen has "sediment-al" value. Also, can you explain what ebonite feels like? I've held a rod of it before, but it just felt like plastic. Maybe it was because the sample I held was unrefined.

Easy one for me. It would be the Collier in the orangish, brownish, transluscentish antique marble. I'm fortunate in happening to own just that pen.

Here is a link to a beautifully written review with some great pictures of it. https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/203536-edison-collier/

I have an Edison Glenmont rollerball pen in the cumberland ebonite. It's a great writer and a great looker of a pen.

Lamb South

True Beauty is when a kindly word encourages and brings an unexpected smile.

I'm just curious about what your favourite Edison pen is or what it would be if you had one. From all those materials and pens. I would have a Huron in Slate Lemon/Lime(Sadly, I am still a high school student, so I am saving up for university). I think that Slate Lemon/Lime is one of my favourite materials I've ever seen. Although, I have never seen a PEN made from it, just the samples. Also, if you have pictures of what it is even better and feel free to share.

I have one of the original Urushi Pearls that Brian did with Ernist Shin. That is my favorite.

the Danitrio Fellowship

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, I only have one, and just got it for Christmas, so I would be tempted to say that my Edison Nouveau Premiere Autumn Harvest with Fine nib is my favorite. But, when asked the question "What is your favorite.....?" I usually respond with "the next one!" so that's what I will say. Keeps things interesting.

I have 3 Edisons: the Morgan FPN edition in Neon, a Herald in a mottled silver amber, and a Menlo in red swirl acrylic. The Herald and Menlo have similar shapes. This week the Menlo wins first place, but it could as easily have been the Herald. Maybe it's because the Menlo--a pump-filler--holds so much more ink.

fpn_1420316377__edison_herald_in_blackbr

fpn_1420316530__menlo_red_translucent_ac

I have one of the original Urushi Pearls that Brian did with Ernist Shin. That is my favorite.

I saw those at a pen show and they were stunning!

That's one I hadn't seen before The transparency is fascinating - does it qualify as a demonstrator? :) I have three Edisons, a Herald, Huron and Collier - the Collier in Persimmon Swirl was in its way a grail pen for me, and hasn't disappointed. Really lively swirls and vibrant colour. (My father hates it, but he's a paid-up member of the Black Pen Society.)

I would love to find an Edison in ebonite.

It does qualify as a demonstrator. When I was talking to Brian at the Pen Show, he mentioned how you would get to see the ink drawn in and fill up that great space that holds lots of ink. I haven't used it yet! But I will soon. I had gotten other pens before it I hadn't used yet, so they were in line first. I got to test it at the show, so no worries in waiting. I have one purple in, J Herbin Poussiere de Lune that I could use in.

Posted Image

I really must get over to a US pen show some time... I fancy one of these demonstrators!

And I now have four Edisons, as I just ordered the autumn special (Harvest Nouveau Premiere) from Goulet Pens. This could get addictive.

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/