Wality 67 T The Heady Heavenly Swirls

a_m

Wality or Airmail is a brand that is most popular and well known brand from India among fountain pen users. However this model 67T, I have seen is not seen or discussed much. Most of the FP users are more concerned with the more popular 69T or 71JT and similar (ie. bigger) variants.

Well, I must admit that I had bought these FPs over a year back. Used it for few days and I felt the nib was not up to the mark and then it went to closet.

The more springy and smoother wality nibs - the dual tones are of bigger size and dont fit in this 67T FP. So the nib out of box may seem a let down.

But the magical swirls kept this pen inside my head - and initially I would fit other nib in this pen. But that did not work out. However in past few months, having gained a much better understanding about the nibs - and their smoothness - I gave this only a one minute rub (in uninked condition) over the backcover of notebook (the soft - roughish surface usually found over the back side of notebooks). And behold - the nibs felt even more smoother than Lamy or Pilot !

What distinguishes this FP is its beautiful heavenly swirls. Its a transparent barrel FP. The section and cap is coloured acrylic. I have three of its colours. One of the pic of the orange pen I had posted many months back on FPN (and not able to locate it).

Regarding feed, in general I have found Wality FPs have a very good feed (at times I have even replaced my Gama feed with Wality feeds). A good feed for me means:

1) The feed fits properly inside the section

2) There is no scattering / spalshing of ink on jerks (this happens with many other ED FPs)

3) Flow of ink is good. Of-course being friction fit EDs, one can adjust the feed and nib to make the ink flow as per ones own desired wetness.

Today I took pics of the Green and the Red FP and thought I might as well share it - as good FPs are meant to be discussed !

Wality 67 T - The Pen

15912714805_a5a9a0ac28_z.jpg

Wality 67 T - the swirls

15886926896_f5e1eab295_z.jpg

Wality 67 T - the swirls

15726700759_42032104cc_z.jpg

Wality 67 T - the nib

15293043613_d3e91cb9ed_z.jpg

Wality 67 T - the writing

15726669379_9c9d6f5156_z.jpg

I put my savings to test

Lamy & Pilot FPs the Best

No more I even think of the rest

(Preference Fine and Extra Fine Nibs)

Pen is meant for writing - not for looking :-)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• a_m

• mrmohitmishra

• Dip n Scratch

• kb.fpn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great review and beautiful pens.

I'm one of those who prefer the thicker section of the 69 and 71. Was using my 69T this week. One of the best writers, looks great and very good value.

John

Nice review of some lovely pens. I thought only Serwex made nibs in that shape. I am glad you are able to use your pens now. Thank you for writing this review.

Great review and beautiful pens.

I'm one of those who prefer the thicker section of the 69 and 71. Was using my 69T this week. One of the best writers, looks great and very good value.

John

Thanks.

After being exposed to variety of FPs, my grip has become "flexible". If I find a smooth writing nib, I adapt to it.

I put my savings to test

Beautiful pens. May I ask where did you get them and for how much?

I got from ASA, don't remember the price - but its inexpensive. Currently its listed as part of its clear demonstrator combo.

I put my savings to test

Nice review of some lovely pens. I thought only Serwex made nibs in that shape. I am glad you are able to use your pens now. Thank you for writing this review.

Thanks. Apart from Servex & Wality, this kind of nibs I have seen on Oliver and Fellowship also.

I put my savings to test

I got from ASA, don't remember the price - but its inexpensive. Currently its listed as part of its clear demonstrator combo.

Thank you.

Beatiful pens and nice review.

Thanks. The pics only show the FPs in static stationary position. The beauty of the pen multiplies manifold when its rotated. It looks simply breathtaking.

I put my savings to test

Wow, beautiful pen. fantastic colors.

I like Wality's pens, too. There're many kinds of pens. Good design and price. But recently more expensive than a few years ago.

Thank you for good review.

This would give a much better perspective

Edited by a_m

I put my savings to test

Wow, beautiful pen. fantastic colors.

I like Wality's pens, too. There're many kinds of pens. Good design and price. But recently more expensive than a few years ago.

Thank you for good review.

Thanks.

& Welcome to FPN :-)

Edited by a_m

I put my savings to test

Thank you for suggesting the method to improve nib performance. I had kept it packed cause nib wasn't that good

Thank you for suggesting the method to improve nib performance. I had kept it packed cause nib wasn't that good

I use the Classmate register/notebook inside cover. Much better than using metal or sand paper. Rub the nib uninked and do a "dry-write" on a smooth paper to gauge the smoothness of nib. Classmate papers are pretty good. Rough papers should not be used to gauge smoothness of nib - because even good smooth nibs would perform badly on rough paper

I put my savings to test

I have a few of these, but am more likely to use the 69Ts that I have mostly for one reason: I can replace the feeds on the 69Ts with those from current Sheaffer Viewpoint calligraphy pens. When I do this, I have *no* burping problems. If the feeds on the 67Ts could perform that well, they'd have a chance as my daily writers.

Writing even at approx 40% ink level I don't see any burping & jerking issues. ( & that's on three pens of this model)

I put my savings to test

Thats excellent !

Whenever you do such thing just be clear that no fibre is sticking between tines. Often it is not visible with plain eyes. If any fibre sticking it may seem as if there is some problem with ink flow. Whereas its not ink flow but some very minute fibre sticking in between.

Edited by a_m

I put my savings to test