Stripped Lamy 2000 Cap Needs Repair

tjt7a

Howdy,

I got a Lamy 2000 a few months ago, and I absolutely love this pen. Unfortunately, I like to play with the cap, and have been turning the finial at the top of the cap back and forth in my free time. This is a no-no, as it strips the plastic inner-cap. Now the very top of the cap won't screw all the way in and the clip isn't held in place.

Does anyone know where I can purchase a new cap?

Tom

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron Z

• tjt7a

• KBeezie

• nuts88

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're in the United States (which you appear to be), Lamy has a lifetime warranty on their pens. You would just need to contact Lamy@filofaxinc.com to inquire about the L2K warranty. I inquired a while back and this was the price list:

It's always a $9.50 processing fee when sending it in. This price list only factored if the damage seems to be something that's not covered by warranty (ie: accidental, intentional, user error etc).

Dear Mr. Blessing,

The $9.50 processing fee below would apply even under manufacturer

warranty. If there are no parts

that require replacing or if the part being replaced is obviously due to a

manufacturing fault then the $9.50

fee is all that would apply.

If a part replaced is on the fee list (nib,front section, top cap, plunger, end cap, ink feed, o ring or barrel) and it appears to be a case of excessive wear or abuse then an additional cost would apply based on the part replaced.

Part charges for that style of pen are:

Nib: $75.00

Front section: $20.00

Top cap: $40.00

Plunger: $7.50

End cap: $7.50

Ink feed: $7.00

O ring: $5.00

Barrel: $20.00

Our turn-around time for repair is typically 2 weeks after receipt of the

pen (though, lately the turn-around

has been faster - with the exception of extra fine nib replacement due to

delayed shipment of that

particular part).

Thank you,

Jay Moncrief

Customer Service

Blueline Rediform

555 Airline Drive

Coppell, TX 75019

T 800.456.7334 x 2368 | F 800.999.0074 | www.rediform.com

Chances are with your fiddling you'll have to pay the fee if you want Lamy to replace it (Which will probably be cheaper than trying to find one on the used market). If your Lamy 2000 is an older unit from before 2009 they might even replace the section free of charge with one that's stainless steel on the inside to prevent the cracking defect the pre-2009 models are known for.

Edited by KBeezie

Filofax is no longer the distributor for Lamy in the US, so no longer provides service. They haven't been for about 6 months now.

Take a look at your email - the distributor is Rediform, not Filofax.

spacer.png
Visit Main Street Pens
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Please use email, not a PM for repair and pen purchase inquiries.

Filofax is no longer the distributor for Lamy in the US, so no longer provides service. They haven't been for about 6 months now.

Take a look at your email - the distributor is Rediform, not Filofax.

That email I pasted above is from September 25th 2014. So the email at least is still getting to them (note the signature). Communication was going back and forth thru that lamy@filofaxinc.com email.

Also the contact form on www.rediform.com is broken with no visible email address.

Edited by KBeezie

Also the contact form on www.rediform.com is broken with no visible email address.

Which is the problem with Rediform. From what I've heard they don't have their act together. I know the former Lamy repair guy. He retired earlier this year, January I think, and have talked with him and with dealers. Filofax is no longer the distributor, no longer does the repairs.

spacer.png
Visit Main Street Pens
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Please use email, not a PM for repair and pen purchase inquiries.