Waterman Charleston

ernestcow

Any info on the blue Waterman Charleston CT fountain pen and rollerball? From what I could collect,they have been discontinued.

Flex Away :D

post-118150-0-23786200-1420009888.png

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ernestcow

• RMN

• jpurdy93

• Left FPN

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What brings you to that idea???

Oh, and welcome to FPN...

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Thank you :)

Well,I tried looking for it onljne but I could only find the black and the white finishes.So,I contacted Waterman and they told me they can't provide much info because it has been discontinued :o

Strange. The black Charleston is still on their website here in Europe in Gold and Chrome trim. Also my regular shop has still these two trim versions. Alas the basic colourchoice now is reduced to the old T-Ford choices. Any colour you like, as long as it is black.

D.ick

~

~

I have the same one, acquired a stub to go with it, but don't use it much.

I also have a black and gold which is the only pen constantly inked in my collection. It was the pen that started it all again after years of ballpoints and gelpens and not being satisfied. Was a gift of my wife.....

Still love that pen. Always writes, also after 2 weeks of disuse (unless the cartridge is empty, of course...)

D.ick

~

~

• 2 weeks later...

I have this pen, and I love it, but unfortunately I am experiencing some flow issues, particularly when I write quickly (i.e., signatures). Very frustrating because I love writing with this pen. Not sure what to do...

I have this pen, and I love it, but unfortunately I am experiencing some flow issues, particularly when I write quickly (i.e., signatures). Very frustrating because I love writing with this pen. Not sure what to do...

could it be a problem with the feed?was it like that out of the box?

could it be a problem with the feed?was it like that out of the box?

Yes, that could be the problem. It wrote beautifully for years, and I just encountered this flow issue recently. The pen was unused for several months prior to this, but I thought I cleaned (rinsed and soaked) the nib thoroughly prior to inking it up again. Any ideas?

I would either soak it longer perhaps with an amonia solution, use an ultrasonic tank cleaner or even remove the nib and feed to look/see.

Edited by Force

Yes, that could be the problem. It wrote beautifully for years, and I just encountered this flow issue recently. The pen was unused for several months prior to this, but I thought I cleaned (rinsed and soaked) the nib thoroughly prior to inking it up again. Any ideas?

I would also do what Force mentioned. However, Waterman nibs and feeds are slightly more challenging to remove. Cleaning the feed should solve the problem, there could just be some remnants of dried up ink.

• 2 weeks later...

Waterman seems to come out with special blue limited editions a lot.

post-118150-0-38024000-1419942380.png

Edited by ernestcow

• 2 weeks later...

not at all,it fits converters :)

What he said, it came with a converter, it fits standard international, but some of the waterman ones are longer.

In regards to the nib/feed, it came out pretty easy on mine.

http://static.karlblessing.com/pens/waterman/charleston/uncapped.jpg

It's just a little wiggle. Though I kind of wish you could get the nib/feed collar out (the part that also holds the nipple for the cartridge/converter), mainly because the small trim around the front seems like a minor ink trap, so even after rinsing/flushing, sometimes if I blow at it with the air bulb afterwards some ink will spray out that was trapped in that little seam between the section and the nib/feed collar. (The work around is to fill the converter and then put it in).

Edited by KBeezie