Battle Of The Inks - Doppelgänger Edition

Cyber6

My Rikyu-cha (both original & re-release) dries lighter than my Cigar (but not by very much) and the sheen is slightly different. They are very close though..

I will agree, I will also agree that unless you have them side by side, you wouldn't know. ;)

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cyber6

• amberleadavis

• lgsoltek

• Jan2016

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

fpn_1466392555__dark-lilac-com.jpg

Dark Lilac and Pansy look close enough.

I'd like to see the Lamy next to Akkerman #15 :)

Verba volant, scripta manent

fpn_1466392555__dark-lilac-com.jpg

Dark Lilac and Pansy look close enough.

Does Pansy sheen like Dark Lilac? It appears from these swabs that it might.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone has compared Pilot Iroshizuku Yu-yake with de Atramentis Lachs (Salmon).

Not exact, but so very, very close.

fpn_1468186201__yu_yake_vs_lachs.jpg

Not sure if anyone has compared Pilot Iroshizuku Yu-yake with de Atramentis Lachs (Salmon).

Not exact, but so very, very close.

fpn_1468186201__yu_yake_vs_lachs.jpg

I haven't seen a swatch of that De A ink before. It looks like a good representation of salmon. I like it.

It looks a fair bit pinker than the Yu-yake on my screen. Is it a closer match in real life?

Very close in real life, but you're right: Lachs is definitely more salmon looking (every so slightly more pink), while Yu-yake is every so slightly more orange.

I apologize in advance for the quality and the collage nature of this comparison photo; my good camera is broken and I no longer have all of these samples to write on the same page, so I cut and pasted and adjusted as best I could.

Brands were written with a Speedball C3 dip nib to demonstrate saturation and ink names were written with a medium nib Schaeffer calligraphy kit fountain pen.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j30/egglorru/ink%20matches_zps0u4yzssq.jpg

I'm always up for an ink trade!

Falling in love with those new japanese inks.. KYO-NOOTO ???

Well here you have Yamabukiiro... looking very close to Rober Oster Green Olive... :wub: :wub:

You can find Robert Oster inks reasonable priced in:

- Europe: SAKURA

- Australia: PENSIVE Pens and his eBay site: Osteralia

- America: (coming to) Anderson Pens

fpn_1468863767__greenolive_comp1.jpg

Also.... there is a similarity to Iroshizuko Ina-Ho... below

p4022224.jpg

Edited by Cyber6

**** BauerInks.ca ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Falling in love with those new japanese inks.. KYO-NOOTO ???

Well here you have Yamabukiiro... looking very close to Rober Oster Green Olive... :wub: :wub:

You can find Robert Oster inks reasonable priced in:

- Europe: SAKURA

- Australia: PENSIVE Pens and his eBay site: Osteralia

- America: (coming to) Anderson Pens

fpn_1468863767__greenolive_comp1.jpg

I have both of these too. They are fairly similar but my Oster is definitely more green than yours. Perhaps a batch issue? Their behaviours are very different. Both are good inks.

Bit of a shame about the second Oster price increase.

I have both of these too. They are fairly similar but my Oster is definitely more green than yours. Perhaps a batch issue? Their behaviours are very different. Both are good inks.

Bit of a shame about the second Oster price increase.

That's with natural light... if I take the pic with flash, they will look quite different. Same if I scan them.

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

Hmmm, interesting :) Green Olive looks more saturated here but I had impression it was less saturated. I remember Green Olive as really light ink.

Your splash is dead on with my swab. The writing .. yeah, my pen is wetter that yours... :P :P

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

I'd like to see the Lamy next to Akkerman #15 :)

Here you go (and yes, I realized after the fact I inadvertently called the Lamy "Dark Violet" instead of "Lilac"):

fpn_1469401404__lamy_akkerman_1.jpg

fpn_1469401448__lamy_akkerman_2.jpg

fpn_1469401486__lamy_akkerman_3.jpeg

Edited by PaperQueen

Why are there fourteen samples of dark plum ink on my desk? Because I still haven't found the right shade.

Is that a problem...??? : : : sigh : : :

Update: Great. Finally found one I love (Lamy Dark Lilac) but I can't get more. Ah, life in my inky world....

Here you go (and yes, I realized after the fact I inadvertently called the Lamy "Dark Violet" instead of "Lilac"):

fpn_1469401404__lamy_akkerman_1.jpg

fpn_1469401448__lamy_akkerman_2.jpg

fpn_1469401486__lamy_akkerman_3.jpeg

That's excellent, thank you :-)

They're more different than I thought. I prefer the Akkerman, although the Lamy is very pretty.

As a dogged hunter of the perfect dusky purple, I can extend a bit further from the typical Diamine Damson vs J. Herbin Poussiere de Lune battle. Color corrected in PS for accuracy. I'd upload a scan as well but my scanner doesn't have a contrast setting - it just whitewashes the paper and makes everything "standard" purple.

Does anyone have one of the Franklin Cristoph purples? I'm dying to trade for a sample of one for comparison.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j30/egglorru/Screen%20Shot%202016-07-24%20at%2010.26.38%20PM_zpshwntl8b4.png

I'm always up for an ink trade!

• 1 month later...