Battle Of The Inks - Doppelgänger Edition

Cyber6

Hopjesbruin (PW Akkerman ink no 22) / Sepia (Diamine)

(Hopjesbruin on the left, Sepia to the right)

http://imageshack.com/a/img540/4162/1mTi46.jpg

Chromatography

http://imageshack.com/a/img540/448/1t1FAA.jpg

Kaweco Sport Classic,eyedropper, broad nib on Oxford paper

http://imageshack.com/a/img538/863/vYQAJ1.jpg

(Sepia - upper left triangle, Hopjesbruin - bottom triangle)

http://imageshack.com/a/img673/236/PxF2Hp.jpg

(Sepia : upper left, bottom right; Hopjesbruin - UR + BL)

http://imageshack.com/a/img538/7341/vRBZDc.jpg

(Sepia - vertical lines, Hopjjesbuin - horizontal lines)

http://imageshack.com/a/img661/232/9SQf1O.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img745/7854/QyLcUJ.jpg

(Sepia above, Hopjesbruin below)

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cyber6

• amberleadavis

• lgsoltek

• Jan2016

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That will be a hard one to match... below is Diamine Steel and KWZI #36.. The scan makes it look bluer... KWZI #36 is your closest bet.

Thanks, Cyber6. I have a sample vial of the Diamine Steel, but I'l try the KWZI #36, too. Ha, I was almost lazy and asked you what "KWZI" was, but then I just Googled it, and, voila! Konrad. AHA! I checked out a FPN ink review of it, and the shading shows up nicely. Thank you for the heads up! I owe you!

Who sells it? I looked on Goulet Pens but didn't see it. (I love Goulet Pens! Super nice folks, great service, fair prices. What's not to like?)

Then I thought, hmm, "Kwaeco" sounds Japanese; I should try JetPens... and there it is. Cool.

Edited by Bloch

Question Reality

Thanks, Cyber6. I have a sample vial of the Diamine Steel, but I'l try the KWZI #36, too. Ha, I was almost lazy and asked you what "KWZI" was, but then I just Googled it, and, voila! Konrad. AHA! I checked out a FPN ink review of it, and the shading shows up nicely. Thank you for the heads up! I owe you!

Who sells it? I looked on Goulet Pens but didn't see it. (I love Goulet Pens! Super nice folks, great service, fair prices. What's not to like?)

Then I thought, hmm, "Kwaeco" sounds Japanese; I should try JetPens... and there it is. Cool.

Confused here.. KWZI is not Kaweco... :lol:

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/2014-Ink_1657.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Is there a match or near match for DeAtramentis Almond Flower?

From the top of my head ... I will say Toucan Magenta.. I had a bottle of Almond FLower, but gave it away in a trade. I should have a sample to make a card. Give me a sec..

**** BauerInks.ca ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

OK.. Apologies for the feathering.. I just did a quick dip and the mnemosyne cards don't take kindly to that amount of ink.. :(

But the hue is unmistakable.. Toucan Magenta is a close match.

fpn_1417069124__comp_almond.jpg

Edit... Made a new card... looks better... :P

Edited by Cyber6

**** BauerInks.ca ****

I'm still impressed you can do a dip that quickly! Thank you!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

@Amber

As I usually say... depending on the pen and paper, you can make similar inks look identical.. ;)

On the scan below Daniel Defoe looks a tad yellower.

fpn_1417068491__comp_danield.jpg

Edited by Cyber6

**** BauerInks.ca ****

OK.. Apologies for the feathering.. I just did a quick dip and the mnemosyne cards don't take kindly to that amount of ink.. :(

But the hue is unmistakable.. Toucan Magenta is a close match.

fpn_1417068240__comp_almond.jpg

That's an amazing match (and done amazingly fast.) If writing a letter, one probably couldn't tell the difference. Thank you.

Confused here.. KWZI is not Kaweco... :lol:

Oops, you're right. I wrote Konrad first, then for some reason in my mind it morphed into Kwaeko. Thanks for catching it! So now my question is, who sells KWZI (Konrad, yes?) ink?

Question Reality

Oops, you're right. I wrote Konrad first, then for some reason in my mind it morphed into Kwaeko. Thanks for catching it! So now my question is, who sells KWZI (Konrad, yes?) ink?

Yes, Konrad is the Ink Master. Right now the easiest/affordable way to get them is through a Group Buy. Follow the link in my signature, the KWZI Second Group Buy is completed, but I will announce in that thread when we are ready for the next one. It won't be until the new year

In the meantime, drop me a PM with your mailing address and I can mail you a sample of #36 for you to play with and decide if you really want it.. (You will... :P)

C.

Edited by Cyber6

**** BauerInks.ca ****

This is just for fun... identical?.. No... Do we really care?.. NO... They are so damn bright... you will have to use sunglasses anyway... :lol:

fpn_1400709909__diamine.jpg

**** BauerInks.ca ****

This is just for fun... identical?.. No... Do we really care?.. NO... They are so damn bright... you will have to use sunglasses anyway... :lol:

fpn_1400709909__diamine.jpg

Cyber6, I'm going to add this to the retinal searing inks list if you don't mind.

Oops, I checked, 'tis already there, as it should be!

Nice comparisons.

Not identical, but close enough?........

AMAZING MIgo.... thanks so much. I just got Tyrian Purple.. and I was thinking, where have I seen this... Now, I know... :lol:

Thanks so much. Also, I was thinking in getting the Pen & Message Suuruschi, but wanted to see a real swab (not jjst the one on the site)... Thanks so much. It looks lovely. :wub:

And yes.. they are so close, that if you don't put them side by side.. they would be identical.. :P

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

OK, let's start with ....

AMAZING VIS !!... You sir, you have been the only person that has convinced me that Akkerman *might* be using/mixing Diamine inks.

I have Majestic Blue and Shocking Blue... in my experience, I found Shocking Blue with a shocking amount of sheen... Majestic will have sheen but not as impressive as Shocking Blue. The color hue is very similar (almost identical)... but they "feel" different in my pens. Can't remember which one .. but one was much drier than the other. I believe Majestic was much drier and gave me some problems in my pens. Looking forward to your review of them.

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****