Bleu Myosotis - J. Herbin

visvamitra

I like french inks. J. Herbin is good ink maker. Actuaaly J. Herbin is the odest ink maker on the market.

Bleu Myosotis is nice ink to write with but I don't really like the color.

Ink splash

http://imageshack.com/a/img909/8590/vwi4PA.jpg

Drops of ink on kitchen towel

http://imageshack.com/a/img901/1464/HbONVN.jpg

SOFTWARE ID

http://imageshack.com/a/img674/8571/ZKjC1N.jpg

Color Range

http://imageshack.com/a/img661/2591/tbFsLt.jpg

Calendar - Kaweco Classic Sport, eyedropper, B nib

http://imageshack.com/a/img901/8301/d1tBE4.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img911/1174/ch0hRz.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img673/3498/7QZq9R.jpg
Edited by visvamitra

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• torstar

• amberleadavis

• jasonchickerson

• lgsoltek

Bleu Myosotis is nice ink to write with but I don't really like the color.

I do! Needs a drier pen to prevent it being 'just another blue' but with the right level of flow it stands out from the rest.

I have it and like the understated subtlety and as a change from the very bold and confident Sailors I normally use.

When I got this one, I felt cheated...where is the ink?

Thank you for the great review.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

When I got this one, I felt cheated...where is the ink?

Thank you for the great review.

That's what I feel about many J. Herbin's undersaturated inks... I bought Orange indien based on some scans and photos but it turns out to be very pale. I dislike it very much. (But my recent purchase, Diamine Pumpkin, is a new favourite!)

• 1 month later...

Opened up a bottle and it is in daily use in a M nib Aurora Talentum.

It's a lighter (reviews call it weaker) blue and is perfect for my quick daily notetaking and underlining for reading and studying needs.

Just saying.

Opened up a bottle and it is in daily use in a M nib Aurora Talentum.

It's a lighter (reviews call it weaker) blue and is perfect for my quick daily notetaking and underlining for reading and studying needs.

Just saying.

Is it translucent enough for highlighting?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I was disappointed in this one. I thought I would love it from the reviews but it just doesn't look great in my pens and washing with water does strange things to the line.

I have not yet tried an Herbin blue I loved.

Is it translucent enough for highlighting?

After sufficient drying time there will be blue ink on your yellow hi-lighter.

I was disappointed in this one. I thought I would love it from the reviews but it just doesn't look great in my pens and washing with water does strange things to the line.

I have not yet tried an Herbin blue I loved.

It was easily my least favourite brand when I started strong collecting tendencies 20 or so years ago.

Over time I've opened up to the lighter colours and less saturated properties of Herbin.

It was easily my least favourite brand when I started strong collecting tendencies 20 or so years ago.

Over time I've opened up to the lighter colours and less saturated properties of Herbin.

Herbin was actually my first favorite ink maker. I still love a lot of their inks, and Cacao du Bresil has a special place in my favorite pen. I have been less impressed with the blues, though. And don't get me started on Bouton d'Or...

Looks like blue forget-me-not flowers to me. I like it when the name of the ink is appropriate for the actual color.

I tried this years ago when it was in the heart bottle, it just didn't motivate me because I really wanted something that looked like BSB. I may try it again, if I ever become less over the top obnoxious.

Herbin was actually my first favorite ink maker. I still love a lot of their inks, and Cacao du Bresil has a special place in my favorite pen. I have been less impressed with the blues, though. And don't get me started on Bouton d'Or...

The blues are all I use by Herbin, maybe some day I will go over to the red/orange/yellow spectrum...

I tried this years ago when it was in the heart bottle, it just didn't motivate me because I really wanted something that looked like BSB. I may try it again, if I ever become less over the top obnoxious.

If I had to give a brand that is the opposite of BSB, Herbin would be one up there...

Exactly! I was lured by the awesome bottle.

• 2 weeks later...

I read visvamitra's review, had that 'oh, yes...' reaction to the color, popped off an order, and now I'm enjoying this fine ink in a fine nib Decimo. Very smooth, lubricious without being oleaginous, and admirably tolerant of the copy paper in the office.

Plus there's the ongoing 'oh, yes...' reaction to the sight of the color. :)

As kids, some girls wanted to be princesses. I wanted to be Morticia Addams. Or Nikola Tesla. Preferably both.