Lamy Coral

yogalarva

Now that it has gotten properly winter-like where I live, I find myself choosing very bright colors occasionally as a reminder that summer will indeed come again. Once it gets a bit closer to the holidays I’ll pick more reds and greens, but for today it’s hot pink.

fpn_1416486189__tumblr_inline_nfc6njtpcm

This ink was released to match the 2014 Neon Coral Safari, and I do think that they are a good pair. Very bright, especially the ink. Similar to other corals and hot pinks, this ink is not something that you would want to write a draft of a novel in, because you would be blind by the end of it. Much better for making corrections to that draft, because you won’t miss them with this color.

fpn_1416486222__tumblr_inline_nfc6qbk6ae

Other than how ridiculously bright it is, this was a well-behaved ink. Good flow, no bleeding or feathering that I noticed, but sadly no water resistance at all (not that I really expected it).

fpn_1416486250__tumblr_inline_nfc6s3jh5s

I wish I would have remembered to try this ink on a more cream colored paper, to see if it could subdue the color a bit. Other than super awful office paper, it did work well on pretty much everything I threw at it and didn’t put a fight to being highlighted, though that’s a bit overkill I think.

fpn_1416486285__tumblr_inline_nfc6umkbpr

Overall, this is a fun ink but certainly not a necessary purchase. I bought it in cartridges, mostly because I have taken to refilling Lamy carts rather than use the converter, but that’s a story for another day. Lamy carts are pretty large so even though you pay a bit more for them, I think it’s not a bad deal, particularly with this ink that’s more of a novelty. You can also get this ink in bottled form, but I’ve only seen it at Goulet Pens (no affiliation, just happy customer) and Amazon, where it’s like twice the price as at GPC. If you are looking to buy the bottled ink, I would probably recommend Diamine Coral instead, because it’s a better deal unless you really want the Lamy bottle.

This ink was purchased with my own money and I am not being compensated for this review in any way. All opinions above are my own and you are free to disagree with them if you like.

Full page scan of the review:

fpn_1416486333__tumblr_inline_nfc79ljmx7

Fountain pen blog | Personal blog

Current collection: Pilot Vanishing Point, TWSBI Vac 700, Kaweco Al Sport, Lamy Safari, Nemosine Singularity

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• yogalarva

• Haskell

• Pentulant

I love this ink. Thanks for the review!

pentulant [adjective]: immodest or wanton in search of all things related to pens<BR> [proper noun]: Christine Witt Visit Pentulant<br>

President, Brush Dance - we make high-quality, mindful Calendars, Planners, Journals, and other fun stuff you'll love

Thank you! I have this ink in my Lamy now.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I bought the Lamy Safari Coral pen a while back and loved it. I inked it up with Diamine Coral, but got talked into a bottle of Lamy Coral. To be honest, I enjoy both inks. Lamy Coral is more subdued and has a bit less orange in it, and has a much nicer bottle. I'll be dealing with bright coral inks for years to come!

Thanks for the review. I don't have the patience to review inks myself, so I enjoy seeing those created by others!

Edited by Waski_the_Squirrel

Proud resident of the least visited state in the nation!

I bought the Lamy Safari Coral pen a while back and loved it. I inked it up with Diamine Coral, but got talked into a bottle of Lamy Coral. To be honest, I enjoy both inks. Lamy Coral is more subdued and has a bit less orange in it, and has a much nicer bottle. I'll be dealing with bright coral inks for years to come!

Thanks for the review. I don't have the patience to review inks myself, so I enjoy seeing those created by others!

Wait, Lamy has it bottled now? I only found cartridges.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Wait, Lamy has it bottled now? I only found cartridges.

You can find it in bottle form at GPC, and on Amazon for like twice the price...

Fountain pen blog | Personal blog

Current collection: Pilot Vanishing Point, TWSBI Vac 700, Kaweco Al Sport, Lamy Safari, Nemosine Singularity

Aha! Thank you!