Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Fsu Ink Color Help

breathelove

I'm new to the forum and in need of desperate help. I'm an artist and I have sold some commissioned work for Christmas involving the Florida State University (FSU) logo and I'm having a hard time finding an ink to match it. I read in a post on here back in 2011 or 2013, I can't remember, about somebody liking Private Reserve Fiesta Red as a match to the Garnet color in their logo. Has anybody else used this ink? Or does anybody have any suggestions for an ink that would match the garnet for FSU? I will be mainly doing line work, but I'd prefer a smooth ink that doesn't have variations in color. If I can't figure out any other colors, I'm just going to order the PR Fiesta Red and hope for the best. At $10 a bottle, usually, I can't afford to buy oodles of ink to try. The amount of reds are endless so I'd go broke. ;) Thanks for the help!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• breathelove

• swanjun

• SinglesRazor

• Davros

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you looked at the swab comparisons on Goulet Pens? You can get sample vials of a bunch of different contenders rather than buying a full bottle.

FSU student here. I would go with Diamine Syrah or PR Black Cherry. The FSU version of garnet was created by mixing red and purple to a certain shade, so it's not the bright standard red you would think of normally, nor is it really a true purple. If you want a good idea to compare colors, the RGB code is R,84 - G,1 - B,21.

FSU student here. I would go with Diamine Syrah or PR Black Cherry. The FSU version of garnet was created by mixing red and purple to a certain shade, so it's not the bright standard red you would think of normally, nor is it really a true purple. If you want a good idea to compare colors, the RGB code is R,84 - G,1 - B,21.

Okay, thank you! I'll give those a try! :)

Have you looked at the swab comparisons on Goulet Pens? You can get sample vials of a bunch of different contenders rather than buying a full bottle.

I didn't know I could do that. I'm new to ink and pens and such. I usually just use Microns. Thanks for the help! :)

I didn't know I could do that. I'm new to ink and pens and such. I usually just use Microns. Thanks for the help! :)

Samples are even on sale right now, so it's a good time to try 'em! :)

The fountain ink database is awesome; it doesn't have *every* ink, but it has many inks, and they're sortable by hue. If you hover over the hue box, it'll tell you the value. (The RGB code posted has a hue of 346.) http://www.fp-ink.info/en/?

There's a fair number of inks in that range, including Montblanc Burgundy, Diamine Red Dragon, and Organics Studio Mercury. I don't see any that are an exact match, but you might be able to fake it, or do a little mixing to adjust things ever so slightly.

The fountain ink database is awesome; it doesn't have *every* ink, but it has many inks, and they're sortable by hue. If you hover over the hue box, it'll tell you the value. (The RGB code posted has a hue of 346.) http://www.fp-ink.info/en/?

There's a fair number of inks in that range, including Montblanc Burgundy, Diamine Red Dragon, and Organics Studio Mercury. I don't see any that are an exact match, but you might be able to fake it, or do a little mixing to adjust things ever so slightly.

wow, thank you! I'm feeling much more hopeful now. This has been bothering me since last week because i was coming up empty.

Dear me - I thought FSU meant Former Soviet Union; I am a camera collector and FSU cameras...ohh well never mind :P

Just want to thank you for the above mentioned link - great resource!

People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them - Dave Berry

Min danske webshop med notesbøger, fyldepenne og blæk