Carrying Case For 149?

hazelnut

Hellos fellow owners of 149,

I am an owner of a new 149, and was wondering for those who carry their pens with them everywhere in their pockets, do you have a carrying case for your 149 to prevent resin scratch or do you just carry it case-less in the shirt pocket? Are fountain pen fans big on preventing blemishes or is it more like scratches gives them character type of philosophy? And if you use cases what brand and type? Thanks in advance.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mister Mont Blanc

• hazelnut

• hughdrbf

• zaddick

Top Posters In This Topic

I use a Quiver that I bought from Anderson Pens. Works perfectly and keeps my 149s together with my work and personal journals. I like the ability to not have a separate item to carry

Hugh

It depends on what you want. Multiple pens, a soft case, a hard case, leather, cost, etc.

You want cheap and durable you can use a sunglasses case with foam or bubble wrap to toss in a bag. If you want fancy, you can buy a leather case from MB. Help us by giving some additional specifics as to what you want and how you might use it.

I have used everything from bubble wrap for a quick transport to soft leather pouches to prevent scratches to hard leather cases in a briefcase or backpack. (I am a bit of a sucker for the MB leather products.)

I can also give high praise for the cost to Franklin Christoph penvelopes and other cases.

I transport pens in a case between locations, but am not overly worried about scratches. A little is fine, a big gouge or chip, not so much. :)

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

I've carried a 149 on and off for nearly 30 years...usually in my breast pocket. I has not been damaged - it just looks like a pen that has been lovingly used.

Grace and Peace are already yours because God is the Creator of all of life and Jesus Christ the Redeemer of each and every life.

Hellos fellow owners of 149,

I am an owner of a new 149, and was wondering for those who carry their pens with them everywhere in their pockets, do you have a carrying case for your 149 to prevent resin scratch or do you just carry it case-less in the shirt pocket? Are fountain pen fans big on preventing blemishes or is it more like scratches gives them character type of philosophy? And if you use cases what brand and type? Thanks in advance.

For your consideration I use the following.....or in jacket/shirt pocket...................................Post # 17

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/267118-the-right-3-pen-case-for-big-pens/?p=3002287

Another thread re case{s}.........................................................

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/215064-case-for-a-writers-edition/

Another ....................................................................re cases

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/224047-whats-your-favorite-pen-carrier/

Another.....................................................................re cases

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/202500-proper-leather-case-for-149/

A useful tool you may want to use..Google Custom Search for FPN.............................................

https://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=016372583718073050395:1rsitsemrpo

Welcome Aboard. Enjoy your time here.

Fred

say good night...

good nite...

Edited by Freddy

Thank you for the replies! I am looking for something durable and slim to carry a single 149 in my breast pocket to go with a dress shirt? Just so that if I forget and put additional items in the pocket I don't have to worry about the precious resin being scratched.

You know that the pen can be polished, just like your car?

I carry my pen of the day clipped to my shirt pocket. If I want to take a couple pens on a trip or whatever, I use a leather cigar case (don't smoke cigars anymore so I like that I was able to repurpose my old cigar case.

If you are looking for something slim and not bulky, I personally have used the Montblanc single pen sleeve (leather). Other companies make many variations of single pen sleeves. The 149 is not a loose fit in the pen sleeve but it doesn't add a massive amount of bulk. The tip of the 149 will stick out a bit though. It is hard finding transportation for a 149! I have looked into the wonderfully inexpensive Franklin Christoph cases which have an elastic band that holds the pen. I worry though if this material would scratch the preciously soft resin...

I keep thinking about selling some of my pens but all that happens is I keep acquiring more!

You know that the pen can be polished, just like your car?

I carry my pen of the day clipped to my shirt pocket. If I want to take a couple pens on a trip or whatever, I use a leather cigar case (don't smoke cigars anymore so I like that I was able to repurpose my old cigar case.

The 'amazing' polish I just bought didn't seem to polish anything! haha. I do like the cigar case idea too.

I keep thinking about selling some of my pens but all that happens is I keep acquiring more!

Best price quality i think are the visconti ones

They are classy and affordable

Soft hard cases and you can have them for various penquantities