Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Inky T O D - Color Swatches - Blue - Please Post Your Pictures And Tell Us Your Thoughts

amberleadavis

Whoa, that looks dark for Lamy Blue, which is often (unfavorably!) compared to ballpoint ink (though I like it).

I like the color in your photo, too.

My other pen is a Montblanc and...

My other blog is a tumblr.

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• HalloweenHJB

• lgsoltek

• TheRealScubaSteve

8 minutes ago, Sailor Kenshin said:

Whoa, that looks dark for Lamy Blue, which is often (unfavorably!) compared to ballpoint ink (though I like it).

Huh.  I think of it is pretty dusky relative to the blues I'm usually partial to.  It has that old-fashioned/faded-over-time look to it, but I do tend to like very saturated colors.  I think in one of my fine Japanese nibs it would be pretty light.

Festina lente

Optimism kills

• 2 weeks later...

large.20220421_006.jpg.16620eb866b7295655de7ce09a215d42.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

OH and here is a comparison of Waterman Serenity Blue in two different pens.

large.2022-04-21_00032.jpg.3a456e812ff53e6d05374d0ac49c4435.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

15 hours ago, amberleadavis said:

OH and here is a comparison of Waterman Serenity Blue in two different pens.

large.2022-04-21_00032.jpg.3a456e812ff53e6d05374d0ac49c4435.jpg

I think you gave me a sample of this one! I think it's funny that your full page of blues doesn't have any of the ones I use regularly!  I have one pen inked with Shigure at the moment, but otherwise I have all different blues!  I don't think I have enough pens to flush out your chart, though.

And I hope you're just being metaphorical...

Festina lente

Optimism kills

On 4/22/2022 at 1:35 PM, essayfaire said:

I think you gave me a sample of this one! I think it's funny that your full page of blues doesn't have any of the ones I use regularly!  I have one pen inked with Shigure at the moment, but otherwise I have all different blues!  I don't think I have enough pens to flush out your chart, though.

And I hope you're just being metaphorical...

Okay, I inked up Shigure and Sankodo!

14 hours ago, amberleadavis said:

Okay, I inked up Shigure and Sankodo!

:)

Festina lente

Optimism kills

• 4 weeks later...