Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Inky T O D - Color Swatches - Blue - Please Post Your Pictures And Tell Us Your Thoughts

amberleadavis

PithyProlix
1 hour ago, PithyProlix said:

Are the top two - both Waterman Mysterious Blue - the old and new versions? Or ... ? And the Mysterious Blue a few more lines down looks almost halfway between the top two ...

(I think all of them are attractive.)

1 hour ago, amberleadavis said:

I think (but don't remember because that was 2012) that I only had a sample of WMB and that you are seeing the same ink in two different pens.

Thanks! It's amazing how different they look. (I am not sure but I think that in 2012 the current version was not out yet.)

"Most people enjoy the sight of their own handwriting as they enjoy the smell of their own farts." - W. H. Auden

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• HalloweenHJB

• TheRealScubaSteve

• lgsoltek

amberleadavis
On 7/11/2021 at 11:40 PM, PithyProlix said:

Thanks! It's amazing how different they look. (I am not sure but I think that in 2012 the current version was not out yet.)

LOL!

Now that I look at it, I think the first sample is where I dipped my pen to get it started.  As you may imagine, it is really dry out here and fountain pens can dry out quickly.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar

Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

amberleadavis
On 7/11/2021 at 10:26 PM, samasry said:

Welcome back @amberleadavis   Glad to hear of your great recovery. I am a survivor of same myself,  couple of decades ago or so. We can and shall   overcome :)

Glad to see another survivor - I believe that your trials helped my situation be overcome.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Check out inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

samasry
4 hours ago, amberleadavis said:

Glad to see another survivor - I believe that your trials helped my situation be overcome.

Welcome back  to your family and friends  and take good care.  

Best of luck

TSherbs
On 4/30/2021 at 3:34 PM, amberleadavis said:

large.PXL_20210216_180730228.jpg.d992e6eef37ce88b64e7402f7fd124fa.jpg

I'm sure I've shown this before, but I posted it in another thread and thought that I should post it here too since it is all blue.

Just saw this.

Love it, Amber! classic....

amberleadavis
On 7/11/2021 at 10:44 PM, samasry said:

I have decided to move this post to here:

Diamine Sargasso Sea and Diamine Bilberry are both super saturated and great for mixing.

amberleadavis
On 7/23/2021 at 9:39 AM, TSherbs said:

Just saw this.

Love it, Amber! classic....

Thank you!

amberleadavis

Diamine Festive Cheer

Blue Edition Inkvent Calendar

20210803-FestiveCheer_001.thumb.jpg.f2888d14b781825b3050e4605bfe411a.jpg

What you can't see is the wonderful red sheen.

• 5 weeks later...
ErrantSmudge

Private Reserve Black Magic Blue.  I don't see any black magic here, but I do see a nice blurple.  It does, however, feather somewhat on my Fabriano EcoQua notebook and it is a wet ink - it makes my Lamy 2000 with F nib write like a paintbrush.   This is an ink sample of recent production, post-Yafa buyout of the brand.

pr_black_magic_blue.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
amberleadavis

OH my, I don't see that I have ever swabbed my old Black Magic blue.  Thank you for sharing this!