Oliver F27:an Adieu To Flamboyance Par Excellence

mrmohitmishra

@mrmohtmishra: Very nice description of this wonderful pen. I bought two last year from FPN fellow member Mesu who was then just starting out as a pen seller. I was not sorry, but your post made me doubly glad - and sad for a nice pen being discontinued...

I agree about the disadvantage of the M nib, which I am thinking is very wide. I too wanted an F nib, and I ordered two Schmidt screw in F nibs - only to find that Oliver had not used the screw in part but actually glued the housing cylinder inside their section. I paid for this knowledge with continuous effort, over many days, but eventually I was able to get the nib and feed out, separately from the housing. I have substituted Bulow F nibs (from xfountainpen) with very pleasing results. The pens write much better. Since these nibs are not too expensive, I tried imparting a little stubbishness and this too has made me use them more.

And yes, they will take a standard converter, such as the Schmidt K5 converter, so that you can use whatever FP ink you want. I have one in each of mine.

Mine are purple and blue, BTW, but that green one is a beauty, too!

It is really bad that the pen is being discontinued. Since they have glued the housing cylinder and all I was not able to pull it out. Subsequently discretion took better of me and I stopped efforts. I knew that they would write much better with a fine nib.You have validated my stand

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrmohitmishra

• a_m

• Aramchek

• cjpandya

Brahmaputra / Hawk is the Pen to go for. I would call it pen of substance. Brahmaputra is Hawk with JoWo nib.

I don't know sir. Bramhaputra is a very large pen. Your review of this pen was with medium nib. Your impression is also based on a medium nib. But my experience with german medium nibs has not been to my liking. I could neither use Schneider ID nor Schmidt M. I can only sign with them. What do you think. What about revolution with fine nib.

I don't know sir. Bramhaputra is a very large pen. Your review of this pen was with medium nib. Your impression is also based on a medium nib. But my experience with german medium nibs has not been to my liking. I could neither use Schneider ID nor Schmidt M. I can only sign with them. What do you think. What about revolution with fine nib.

Why not get the ED version which has a fine wet nib? Later on you can also get the JoWo friction fit nibs of different types to experiment. I think ASA is in the process of getting those Nibs

I think these nibs are also affected by temperature variations giving different performance for different users based on their climatic locations. Ink flow as well gets affected by temperature.

My only interaction with JoWo fine has not been good.

I put my savings to test

Lamy & Pilot FPs the Best

No more I even think of the rest

(Preference Fine and Extra Fine Nibs)

Pen is meant for writing - not for looking :-)

Why not get the ED version which has a fine wet nib? Later on you can also get the JoWo friction fit nibs of different types to experiment. I think ASA is in the process of getting those Nibs

I think these nibs are also affected by temperature variations giving different performance for different users based on their climatic locations. Ink flow as well gets affected by temperature.

My only interaction with JoWo fine has not been good.

Anup ji , when you got your name engraved upon the pen did it cost anything extra. BTW that was awesome Edited by mrmohitmishra

Anup ji , when you got your name engraved upon the pen did it cost anything extra. BTW that was awesome

Yes. Rs. 50 that was charged extra

I put my savings to test

Lamy & Pilot FPs the Best

No more I even think of the rest

(Preference Fine and Extra Fine Nibs)

Pen is meant for writing - not for looking :-)

Review Update. The pen is now available in a new blue and black colour. Looking absolutely stunning.

This pen works great with Chelpark Ruby Red.

• 5 months later...

I have the same pen and it made its way to a daily carry for me very quickly.

The downside is ASA sold their last pen to me about a month ago when I bought my 2nd F27.

I put them in a nice satin lined pen box and they look almost like a matched pair as 1 is light green acrylic and the other is the darker green & black acrylic.

I so wish I had found them them sooner so I could have had more of them. They never seem to appear on ebay - I think those of us that have them are never getting rid of them :)

I so wish I had found them them sooner so I could have had more of them. They never seem to appear on ebay - I think those of us that have them are never getting rid of them :)

You got that right! :D

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

• 5 months later...

A little good news update - I hear that Oliver has put the line back into production and should be with us by the end of the year - I do hope this is true as i only have 4 of them and I want MORE!!

• 7 months later...

They will be coming 20 colors...

Will show you all the samples... Soon

Keep watching

Is there any update to this?

Is there any update to this?

RANGA PENS... Has a stock of this already..

This time they come with ambitious nibs

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter