My One Little Green Estie Sj Seems To Have Multiplied....

jdllizard

That one little green SJ that sparked my interest has turned into this in a short amount of time. I'm not sure how it happened.

post-117098-0-82612000-1415585520_thumb.jpg

post-117098-0-20697700-1415585544_thumb.jpg

I've cleaned and re-sacced every one of them (except the NOS ones). 9 Dollar pens, 4 Transitionals, and the rest are various sizes of the J family.

Not pictured is a large, three rib jeweled, Fern Green, Transitional Estie (not sure how I missed it when I was taking the photo).

John L

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jdllizard

• greensparcs

• amberleadavis

• OcalaFlGuy

That's it? Just the J series and antecedents?

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

That's it? Just the J series and antecedents?

Well, thats it for the Esterbrooks, I have plenty of other fountain pens but this was just an Estie family photo.

John L

Oops, actually there are 5 more that didn't make the picture. 2 black LJs, another green dollar pen, (plus the 3 rib jeweled one I mentioned earlier), and a red Transitional, bringing the total up to 29........ plus two more on the way! A copper and a grey J on the way still.

Hello, my name's John and I am an Estie addict.

John L

(Chorus of voices): Hi John!

And I thought I had gone overboard a bit with a dozen....

So, enquiring minds want to know -- what nibs are on all these babies?

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

ETA: In my case it was the chance find of a black SJ with a 1555 Gregg nib....

Edited by inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

(Chorus of voices): Hi John!

And I thought I had gone overboard a bit with a dozen....

So, enquiring minds want to know -- what nibs are on all these babies?

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

ETA: In my case it was the chance find of a black SJ with a 1555 Gregg nib....

Nothing fancy or rare, mostly 26XXs and 15XXs, a few GREGGs. So far the 1551 is my favorite but I have some 2556s and other fine nibs that I'd like to trade off.

John L

Beautiful! That photo is an awe inspiring sight. You've come a long way in a short time. Aren't they wonderful?! You have almost as many as I have, but I have been gathering mine over my whole long life. That being the case, you have outdistanced me by miles and miles. I salute you! There are others here who have far more Esterbrooks than I, but if you continue at this present rate, you will be the undisputed Esterbrook J king.

Enjoy!

-David.

No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationery. -Anon.

A backward poet writes inverse. -Anon.

Thank you Sir, but now I'm on a self imposed moratorium on Estie buying, no more till after a mid January trip to NOLA. I can't spend anymore money till after that trip, but Estie buying has proven addictive for me. :-)

John L

Beautiful! That photo is an awe inspiring sight. You've come a long way in a short time. Aren't they wonderful?!

Enjoy!

-David.

Plus Pi!!

Hello, my name's John and I am an Estie addict.

I can't say that I'd argue the point with you. ;)

I Do Happen to be one of those few who think it Is possible to Control one's addiction(s).

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

My red J was supposed to be here today, I thought I would be part of the cool kids today but I have to wait till tomorrow it looks like >:(

I love how you rainbowed your collection. When I have all of mine together again, I will do so too.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

More family photos, broken up into seperate groups.

The whole family
post-117098-0-76913700-1415671380_thumb.jpg

The J's, including Transitionals

post-117098-0-58216200-1415671387_thumb.jpg

The Dollar Pens

post-117098-0-53671700-1415671393_thumb.jpg

John L

VERY NICE

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

VERY NICE

John's Blue Dollar on the left resembles your new one you haven't gotten in the mail yet. Early Streakernicitiness.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl