• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stonezebra

• gwyneddd

• fountainpagan

• Lou Erickson

I have Chiku-rin and no love for it at all. I'm tempted to try Yama-Budo. Right now, I'm into blues, because I can use them with impunity at work.

I concur. I have all but five of these inks- and my favorite, the one I reach for again and again, is Ama-iro. It's such a happy blue, and it shades like crazy. I have had no problems with behavior on Japanese notebook paper, it dries in a reasonable length of time. It does well in my very wet brown pinstripe duofold with medium nib, and it is an excellent match for the blue pinstripes.

Edited by drmom777

Kon Peki and Tsuki Yo - mainly because I can bend the rules a little about using them at work, but they're still beautiful blues that have their own personalities.

I also like Yama Budo and Ama Iro.

Of the four flavors I have tried, I love Ama-Iro, it is simply one of my favorite inks. Followed by Yama-budo, which is my other half's favorite ink.

I have 15 bottles, so I guess I like a lot of the colors. :-) For sketching, my favorites are Asa-gao and Yama-guri. For writing, I love Yama-budo, Murasaki-shikibu and Kon-peki. I like to put Kiri-same and Fuyu-syogun in waterbrushes and "paint" shadows and cloudy skies. Glad you asked. ;-)

I have bottles of kon-peki, tsuki-yo, asa-gao, and yama-guri and samples of ajisai, yama-budo, momiji, fuyu-gaki, tsukushi, kiri-same, fuyu-shogun, shin-kai, ku-jaku and shin-ryoku. I've liked every color except for shin-kai and ajisai. The former was just boring and much more muted than the 3 popular blues, while ajisai is just too unsaturated for me.

Edited by CherryNubCakes

Ina-Ho is something that should only be found in diapers of the young on apricot day... and most unfortunately named!

Never thought of it that way, I have to admit -- I myself love Ina-ho in my widest nibs :) Yama-budo and Ku-jaku aren't bad either.

I have and use five. Take-Sumi is my go-to black, Asa-Gao a daily blue. But my favorite, by far, is Yama-Budo. Nothing like it. So special.

Take-Sumi. Awesome black.

Asa-Gao. A very lovely blue/violet. Seems to be more vibrant/saturated in my Lamy 2000 EF than my Pelikan M605 EF.

Kon-Peki. Love the shading and it's a great turquoise/sky blue.

I just received a bottle of Ama-Iro, so we'll see how this one stacks up.

I have a bottle of Shin-Kai, but didn't think it was too interesting in my Lamy 2000. I'm going to give it another shot when my other Pelikan M605 arrives.

• 2 months later...

Momiji is my first choice, a funky kind of reddish hue to me. Tsutsuji for a wonderful hue of magenta. This so far as I have just been sent a PIF of nine of the colors, except Tsutsuji, so may change after I sample others. :cloud9:

Ea Alis Volat Propiis, per/Repletus Fontis Calamus!
She Flies by Her Own Wings, with filled Fountain Pen

Delta DolceVita, F-C Intrinsic 02, Pelikan M800 red/black striation, Bexley ATB Strawberry Swirl, Red Jinhao 159, Platinum 3776 Bourgogne. :wub:

I'm interested in Yama-guri, because I like the idea of a well-behaved, lightfast, moderately water resistant, and nicely dark brown. If I wasn't already rather enthralled with Noodler's Blue ink, I'd be considering Tsuki-yo, Shin-kai and Kon-peki. And if I wasn't already very pleased with Diamine Sherwood, I'd probably be considering Shin-Ryoku. And if I ever decide I really need to have a teal, I will have to consider Syo-ro.

Shin-Kai is an excellent blue black, the shading is amazing when it dries. Take-Sumi is my go to black for most pens.

Edited by cameron331