Replacement Nib Section For Parker Urban

Guest Arkamas

Guest Arkamas

So I have a Parker Urban in bay city blue that came with a medium nib and I'm looking for another nib section in fine instead. The chrome collar just beneath the nib also seems to have problems with leaking on my current nib section. Anyone know where I can get replacements? I tried theonlinepencompany.com which has exactly what I'm looking for but I'm looking for other places that might have cheaper shipping rates.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• usk15

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't, but that sounds just like the problems I had with my Urban (which was a replacement for the one that got sent back to Newell-Rubbermaid *twice* for under-warranty repairs). Does yours seem to leak onto the top of the nib? I flushed and flushed the nib unit out, and still had ink coming out (I was starting to wonder if I had opened a stable wormhole to the "ink universe". :angry:

I haven't used the thing in maybe a year and a half (at least). I think it may be close to being out of the extended warranty period at this point. I'd feel guilty selling (or even giving away) the thing -- it's garbage and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Guest Arkamas

Ruth - I found the leak was coming from between the black part of the grip and the chrome trim piece. It was weird at first because I couldn't figure out where it was coming from, but when I put slight pressure on the trim, I found ink-stained water from flushing the pen coming out just there. I'm guessing the trim piece for the Urban's nib section is like a collar and so the water is coming out from under it. It would stain my fingers sometimes when writing or water would simply come out - probably from the pressure on the nib from writing. I have another black/gold Urban but I never had the problem with that one, so I figured it may have just been a defect with that one section. Your problem may be the same but the water is just coming out elsewhere? I wish Parker's nibs were able to be disassembled. It's a devil of an annoyance either way though.

I probably should have been more specific there. If I get a replacement I'll probably make an attempt to disassemble the one I have and get a closer look in it.

Pix? I'm not visualizing what you're describing, Arkamas. What I recall on mine (it's been put away and I haven't looked at it for at least a year at this point), I'd soak the nib unit till I guessed the thing was clean, and then discover while flushing that ink was coming from under the right hand side of the section and then over the RH side of the top of the nib. (In the photo in the link usk15 posted, consider the leak as coming from the back edge of the upper side of the nib just below where the lettering).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."