New Diamine 150Th Anniversary Inks!

The Good Captain

Not even gonna lie, I have carnal thoughts about Silver Fox, Carnival, Safari and Tropical Green.

Edited by daladoir

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tas

• Cyber6

• Art

• amberleadavis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really like the blue black, though I'm not sure I'd pay a premium for it.

The Terracotta looks interesting, but perhaps a bit on the light side for me. I too would like to see how it compares to MB Red Chalk.

"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful."

I need another bottle of green-brown ink like I need a hole in my head. So I'll get started now trying to justify how Safari is different enough that I have to have it. The "missing link" theory should fit the bill nicely... :)

Amen to that! :)

Interesting that they are using triangular wedge-shaped bottles that look very similar to the ones that L'Artisan Pastellier ink comes in. They do look pretty on the desk!

How did I miss this thread for so long?

Many good shades, probably two or three I would really like and you don't have to buy the whole set.

Except, of course, you do need the whole set. Otherwise you are just going to have a rather odd shaped bottle and not a fancy "wheel of eight" to display :(

Any european dealer who has them in preorder?

Yes, the SFPG has a pre-order! Anybody who is interested please send me a PM.

Catherine Van Hove

www.sakurafountainpengallery.com

Koning Albertstraat 72b - 3290 DIest - Belgium

Interesting that they are using triangular wedge-shaped bottles that look very similar to the ones that L'Artisan Pastellier ink comes in. They do look pretty on the desk!

They are indeed the sample botttles.

Catherine Van Hove

I hope the mouth of the bottle is large enough to get a 149 into.

The mouth of the bottle has a diameter of 2 cm. So def. wide enough for 149 :)

Catherine Van Hove

In the SFPG the price of the Diamine Celebration Inks will be around € 8,00.

They are indeed the sample botttles.

They are the same bottles. My computer always checks the spelling and wants me to write other stuff. Sorry.

Catherine Van Hove

Looks like someone may finally have made an ink close to MB Leonardo Red Chalk. Color me interested.

The TerraCotta ? ... Good eye !!!...

I was thinking it remind me of something.. but couldn't place it.... Thanks!!.. :lol: (BTW... I love Leonardo)

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Terracota and 1864 Blue/Black feel as a classy pair of substitutes for red and blue inks. I guess dark blues and red browns are my favorite colors for ink, lately.

Are all of these inks new or is it simply an exercise in repackaging and renaming? From purely a colour standpoint they've already got so many in the existing lineup that I can't tell if these look any different - not just from a quick scroll-through anyway.

Are these new inks supposed to have any different properties than the inks in the existing lineup? I know FPN in general highly regards Diamine but I've only had about a 50% success rate with their inks. If they've figured out how to reliably make saturated colours that don't crust/crystallize/clog (I'm looking at you Blue-Black, Ancient Copper, and Majestic Blue) maybe I'll get excited about 1864 Blue-Black, Terracotta, and Regency Blue.

The TerraCotta ? ... Good eye !!!...

I was thinking it remind me of something.. but couldn't place it.... Thanks!!.. :lol: (BTW... I love Leonardo)

C.

I really love the Leonardo as well, that's why I'm glad to have three bottles of it. Still, I wouldn't mind having a readily available dupe on hand so that I have further backup and so that others who missed out can try it too.

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/Runnin_Ute/fpn_1424623518__super_pinks-bottle%20resized_zps9ihtoixe.png

Thank you for a thorough sample Cap'n. I just found out about this on The Writing Desk website whilst looking for 1670 Stormy Grey. Lovely colours, Carnival looks like it has sheen. Might consider the Blues and Safari - although, I have Noodler's Burma Road Brown which looks very close.

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba