Parker 15 Converter. Help!

land_of_lucidity

Let me start off by saying that I am relatively new to fountain pens. I've always been interested in them, but I have only recently started using them. I got two fountain, and one of them was this Parker 15(I think), but sadly there is no converter in it, so I was wondering if there was one I could buy. I've posted some pictures below just to make sure its a Parker 15, any help would be nice!

_Aaron

post-117856-0-62492300-1415424815_thumb.jpg

post-117856-0-74663500-1415424898_thumb.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitto

• land_of_lucidity

• Matlock

• JRH

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well , I am afraid it is not a parker 15. Looks like marriage of parts of different pens. To let you have an idea of how should a Parker 15 be , see here . These are my Parker 15s :

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

Let me start off by saying that I am relatively new to fountain pens. I've always been interested in them, but I have only recently started using them. I got two fountain, and one of them was this Parker 15(I think), but sadly there is no converter in it, so I was wondering if there was one I could buy. I've posted some pictures below just to make sure its a Parker 15, any help would be nice!

_Aaron

Looks to be a Parker 15 with 45 cap. As to converter, any Parker converter will fit. Good useable pen.

Peter

Most Parker cartridge/converter pens will take both the 'slider' and the deluxe 'twist' types, or Parker's own Quink brand cartridges.

All the Parker bottled inks, cartridges and converters are sold under the Quink brand name.

Earlier this year a Parker 15 was shown on this board, which would not take a Parker (or any cartridge) that was tried, I can't remember if it was because of a broken off converter that had become jammed in the section, or that it was a slimmer fit cartridge required.

But generally Quink cartridges and converters going back several decades do seem to fit and work well in these pens.

The cheapest way to find out would be to buy 5 Quink cartridges, which are likely to be black or blue ink.

If they fit, then the converters will also.

I don't have a 'Deluxe' converter a the moment, but the photo shows the 'slide' type converter and a blue ink cartridge.

Looks to be a Parker 15 with 45 cap. As to converter, any Parker converter will fit. Good useable pen.

Only the section looks to be of Parker 15. To me the barrel also looks like it does not belong to Parker 15. Isn't it a bit longer and of a rounded end? Well I may be wrong but it looks to me like that.

Khan M. Ilyas

Only the section looks to be of Parker 15. To me the barrel also looks like it does not belong to Parker 15. Isn't it a bit longer and of a rounded end? Well I may be wrong but it looks to me like that.

You could be right or it might be a shadow.

Peter

May be a shadow as far as the end of the barrel is concerned. But the extra length of the barrel is confusing. Parker 15 is short in length and a relatively small pen in Parker family. Isn'nt it?

Khan M. Ilyas

Most Parker cartridge/converter pens will take both the 'slider' and the deluxe 'twist' types, or Parker's own Quink brand cartridges.

All the Parker bottled inks, cartridges and converters are sold under the Quink brand name.

Earlier this year a Parker 15 was shown on this board, which would not take a Parker (or any cartridge) that was tried, I can't remember if it was because of a broken off converter that had become jammed in the section, or that it was a slimmer fit cartridge required.

But generally Quink cartridges and converters going back several decades do seem to fit and work well in these pens.

The cheapest way to find out would be to buy 5 Quink cartridges, which are likely to be black or blue ink.

If they fit, then the converters will also.

I don't have a 'Deluxe' converter a the moment, but the photo shows the 'slide' type converter and a blue ink cartridge.

Thanks, I've already found some quink cartridges online, so I think that's what I'm going to do! You've all been a great help.

Well this pen does seem like quite the basket case! :D ive posted some pictures below for comparison(sorry for the crappy pictures, its the best I can do) The last picture is a comparison of my Sheaffer Targa slim just for reference. This pen really is something special, kind of like it!

post-117856-0-77360900-1415463045_thumb.jpg

post-117856-0-18946600-1415463065_thumb.jpg

post-117856-0-06544600-1415463315_thumb.jpg

May be a shadow as far as the end of the barrel is concerned. But the extra length of the barrel is confusing. Parker 15 is short in length and a relatively small pen in Parker family. Isn'nt it?

Yes you are right and the profile is wrong for a 45. Anyone else got any ideas?

Peter

It's a Parker 15, "Mixy", resembling a P45 capped, but with the P15 section, nib and overall dimensions, English/UK version.

Quote:

The Parker Mixy range:

http://parkerpens.net/images/romb.gif Black
http://parkerpens.net/images/romb.gif Dark Blue
http://parkerpens.net/images/romb.gif Burgundy
http://parkerpens.net/images/romb.gif Flighter

It was offered as a fountain pen, ball pen and felt tip.
By the summer of 1980 it was also being manufactured in the US and UK, but these English versions came with a clip close to the design of the Parker "45" and the model was referred to as the Parker "15". The Flighter version was not advertised, nor was it offered as a ball pen or felt tip. It was priced at $7.50.

Quote from Parker Penography page. I also have the Flighter version purchased in 1980 while I was at school.

See: http://parkerpens.net/parker15.html

Hope this helps.

Thanks JRH, I knew someone would come up with the answer.

l_o_l if you could look to see if the pen has the country of manufacture on it that will confirm it's identity.

Peter

Thanks JRH, I knew someone would come up with the answer.

l_o_l if you could look to see if the pen has the country of manufacture on it that will confirm it's identity.

The back of the cap says 'Made in France' , that's the only marking on the pen other the the Parker name and logo.

Some were also made in France. I have a red barrel and 2 flighters, one with gold capped trim and the other chrome-toned.

All three were French manufacture. Good writers but stiff, no flex.

Thanks to everyone who replied, and helped figure out what pen this was, very happy we found out! I'll be sure to post some pictures when I get my Parker 15 up and writing again!

Edited by land_of_lucidity

It's a Parker 15, "Mixy", resembling a P45 capped, but with the P15 section, nib and overall dimensions, English/UK version.

Quote:

The Parker Mixy range:

http://parkerpens.net/images/romb.gif Black

http://parkerpens.net/images/romb.gif Dark Blue

http://parkerpens.net/images/romb.gif Burgundy

http://parkerpens.net/images/romb.gif Flighter

It was offered as a fountain pen, ball pen and felt tip.

By the summer of 1980 it was also being manufactured in the US and UK, but these English versions came with a clip close to the design of the Parker "45" and the model was referred to as the Parker "15". The Flighter version was not advertised, nor was it offered as a ball pen or felt tip. It was priced at $7.50.

Quote from Parker Penography page. I also have the Flighter version purchased in 1980 while I was at school.

See: http://parkerpens.net/parker15.html

Hope this helps.

But the clip again is not of Parker ' Mixys'. Here are Mixys both CT and GT. The pics are taken from the very cite you qouted. Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

Ok , the UK made mixy 's clip design is 'close ' to that of Parker 45 but here it is not only 'close'. It is , to me , the Parker 45 's clip itself.

Khan M. Ilyas

An the cap itself is too long for a mixy. I am afraid the cap alongwith the clip is of Parker 45.

I honestly think you are correct. Upon further inspection my pen has seven stripes like the 45, while the mixy has eight. I wonder how these parts got mixed up... The world may never know.

post-117856-0-73730600-1415509604_thumb.jpg

Yes , that is exactly the Parker 45 cap and clip. Anyhow if it fits the section and looks good to you the problem should stand solved.

Khan M. Ilyas