Please Help Choosing Between Kobe 36, 44, 46

fromthecrowd

Unfortunately the pictures of Kobe #36 sample on FPN are no longer accessible. I would like to know how this ink, the Indigo Blue, compares to Kobe #44 and Kobe #46. The textual description in the review mentions Kobe #36 including a shade of green. Hence can it possibly resemble Diamine Indigo? Would be very obliged if anyone casts light on this topic.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fromthecrowd

• saskia_madding

• swanjun

• cellardoor04

Top Posters In This Topic

Of these, I have only tried #44, but it's a really nice teal-ish blue. Perhaps the closest ink would be something like Noodler's Blue Nose Bear.

Thank you swanjun! Interesting comparative information. Often the perception of ink color depends on the wetness of the pen and broadness of the nib, but the general impression from the pictures is that Noodler's Blue Nosed Bear is somewhat paler than Kobe #44.

Thank you swanjun! Interesting comparative information. Often the perception of ink color depends on the wetness of the pen and broadness of the nib, but the general impression from the pictures is that Noodler's Blue Nosed Bear is somewhat paler than Kobe #44.

Yes, I think so. They're in the same family but by no means identical. I really liked #44, for what it's worth, and suspect I'll really like #46, too.

Wow! Thank you saskia_madding! (To tell the truth I was hoping for you to help). Will be waiting for your results then. Great perspective!

Yep! Just had to wait for the sun to hit my office building in the right place before taking illuminated photos.

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af97/Saskia_Madding/FPN%20comparison%20shots/DSC00137_zpsffd80662.jpg?t=1414424328

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af97/Saskia_Madding/FPN%20comparison%20shots/DSC00133_zps3d6a0893.jpg?t=1414424255

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af97/Saskia_Madding/FPN%20comparison%20shots/DSC00134_zps5a93ad67.jpg?t=1414424321

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af97/Saskia_Madding/FPN%20comparison%20shots/DSC00132_zpsfbc3400b.jpg?t=1414424335

More pictures here.

Yep! Just had to wait for the sun to hit my office building in the right place before taking illuminated photos.

More pictures here.

Thank you! I didn't expect #46 to be so dark. #44 remains my favourite Kobe so far :D

Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel.

~ Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

I really did not like Kobe #36, which was not as saturated as I have come to expect of the Kobe line and Sailor inks in general. I was reminded how much I'm not in love with #46, and i'll probably end up selling at least half the bottle in samples at the toronto pen show this weekend, along with #45 (not pictured).

Very informative! Great help!

#36 Looks even lighter in the sample than in the Kobe swab. Will be left alone.

#44 Will definitely be ordered. (Also thank you to cellardoor04 for the image of #44 in this topic post #37).

#46 It is called Museum Bluish Grey, but there are no blue tones to be seen in the sample. Looks like neutral grey (not even cold).

Very informative! Great help!

#36 Looks even lighter in the sample than in the Kobe swab. Will be left alone.

#44 Will definitely be ordered. (Also thank you to cellardoor04 for the image of #44 in this topic post #37).

#46 It is called Museum Bluish Grey, but there are no blue tones to be seen in the sample. Looks like neutral grey (not even cold).

I also did a small comparison of #44 and PR Blue Suede for one of my friends on here, here it is if you're interested:

It is less bright than Blue Suede and more "faded" looking, although it has great shading too.

I almost regretted not getting Museum Grey or Kaigan Stone Grey, instead of the Mikage Gray I ordered. I think I would prefer Kaigan Stone to my Mikage.

Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel.

~ Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

Very interesting! Actually Blue Suede caught my attention a few times. Enough to inspect the pictures closely. But it looked too strong a color for my liking.

As to the greys they are very difficult to evaluate basing only on Kobe swabs.

Edited by fromthecrowd