Which Model Is This, Pls!

TXKat

Looking for help please as the penhero site has me totally confused now!

i have a Sheaffer Touchdown, but based on the cap, I'm confused as to whether this is a Crest or a Crest Deluxe or neither? The cap is right, BUT it doesn't have a white dot on the cap. It's on the end of the body. Is this the wrong cap for this pen??

Why couldn't these crazy pen companies stick to their own models...without variations, lolol! Ugh!

Can anyone help identify this pen?

Lever Filler

Black

Conical Lifetime Nib...14K, says Sheaffer's, no serial number

1/10 14K Gold Filled cap - Made in U.S.A.

4 step vertical lines on cap

Barrel stamped with 1750

Won't let me post photos.....grrr!

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TXKat

• Apothic

• kirchh

• Lazard 20

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fixed it...photos

post-76436-0-27378800-1414126354.jpg

post-76436-0-43457000-1414126355.jpg

Edited by TXKat

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)

Sheaffer Crest Deluxe Triumph Nib. The 1750 stamp would've been the price code. Cool pen.

Edited by pen-deco

www.pen-deco.com

So I was correct! Wow!

Do I need to find the white dot or is it correct without?

The Triumph nib is correct?

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)

So I was correct! Wow!

You've already found the white dot, in your very first pic

www.pen-deco.com

Oooooh, I thought it had to be on the cap to be called a white dot.. Never mind. :blush: Thank you!!!

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)

So I was correct! Wow!

Looks good to me. White dots do appear on the blind cap in some cases. The 1750 code is an indication that it's a crest deluxe rather than plain crest. I think late 40s into the 50s is when the "deluxe" came about.

www.pen-deco.com

Now is this a touchdown, or a vacuum fill?

This fountain pen is lever filler as we can see on the last photo.

http://s27.postimg.org/5fno6q6tv/image.jpg

... I think late 40s into the 50s is when the "deluxe" came about.

More precisely we could say that was manufactured between March 1, 1945 -ringed grip section/innerspring clip/Triumph nib- and March 1948 -when Sheafffer´S beging to insert White Dot in metal caps-.

Edited by Lazard 20

Oh, wow! Thank you so much Pen-deco and Lazard 20!! I was so struggling with the inof (or lack of) that was provided on other websites. :)

It's clean, so maybe I'll put a good Fall colored ink in it and go for a ride. Thanks again!!

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)

More precisely we could say that was manufactured between March 1, 1945 -ringed grip section/innerspring clip/Triumph nib- and March 1948 -when Sheafffer´S beging to insert White Dot in metal caps-.

Latest date would be summer of '47 based on presence of Lifetime nib.

--Daniel

"The greatest mental derangement is to believe things because we want them to be true, not because we observe that they are in effect." --Jacques-Bénigne Bossuet

Daniel Kirchheimer
Specialty Pen Restoration
Authorized Sheaffer/Parker/Waterman Vintage Repair Center
Purveyor of the iCroScope digital loupe

Latest date would be summer of '47 based on presence of Lifetime nib.

--Daniel

If you are so kind, could you tell us the evidence supporting this claim: prior to September 1, 1947, if this date to which you mean, or summer ´47?

Thanks in any case.

Edited by Lazard 20

If you are so kind, could you tell us the evidence supporting this claim: prior to September 1, 1947, if this date to which you mean, or summer ´47?

Thanks in any case.

Dealer materials dated June '47 no longer had Lifetime nibs, and they are gone from ads by August.

--Daniel

"The greatest mental derangement is to believe things because we want them to be true, not because we observe that they are in effect." --Jacques-Bénigne Bossuet

Daniel Kirchheimer

I'm going to bow out of this one, Sheaffer is not my territory. In any case. I think this pen is very cool, the lever filler version isn't something I've seen too many times.

www.pen-deco.com

Dealer materials dated June '47 no longer had Lifetime nibs, and they are gone from ads by August.

--Daniel

Well, we leave the date I have given of September 1, 1947 the date on which Sheaffer´S said to have made ​​these nibs (regardless of whether they mounted or not this nibs afther or until stocks last).

http://s21.postimg.org/nhdz4d5uf/Sheaffer_S_Lifetime_nib_end_Lazard.jpg

Well, we leave the date I have given of September 1, 1947 the date on which Sheaffer´S said to have made ​​these nibs (regardless of whether they mounted or not this nibs afther or until stocks last).

http://s21.postimg.org/nhdz4d5uf/Sheaffer_S_Lifetime_nib_end_Lazard.jpg

Right -- as I said, summer of '47, not March of '48.

--Daniel

Daniel Kirchheimer

Right -- as I said, summer of '47, not March of '48.

--Daniel

Well, if you insist.

I have to cover with dates knowing the uses you make of the dates; as borders sometimes, as gum in other according to your convenience. So is right: "we could say that was manufactured between March 1, 1945 -ringed grip section/innerspring clip/Triumph nib- and March 1948 -when Sheafffer´S beging to insert White Dot in metal caps-." This is true.

You has said vagueness, as "summer", when not inaccuracies as: "June '47 no longer had Lifetime nibs", when I proved that Sheaffer has manufactured after the date June that you have indicated. So right, right, not precisely... :) At least no more right than the accuracy of the 3 dates have been provided by me, or my sentence "before March 1948 -when Sheafffer´S beging to insert White Dot in metal caps-." that by the way, was referring to WD place and not to Lifetime nib, as you confuse.

Edited by Lazard 20

I have to cover with dates knowing the uses you make of the dates; as borders sometimes, as gum in other according to your convenience. So is right: "we could say that was manufactured between March 1, 1945 -ringed grip section/innerspring clip/Triumph nib- and March 1948 -when Sheafffer´S beging to insert White Dot in metal caps-." This is true.

I think you're a little confused. The form of your statement indicates that the pen could have been manufactured at any time between the start and end dates you provide -- for example, in February of 1948. However, you now seem to acknowledge that this is incorrect, because you failed to consider the presence of the Lifetime nib, which as you agree was no longer being offered.

You has said vagueness, as "summer", when not inaccuracies as: "June '47 no longer had Lifetime nibs", when I proved that Sheaffer has manufactured after the date June that you have indicated.

Please quote the complete sentence I wrote that includes the few words you quoted above. I think that will help you understand better, and you can retract your improper assertion. Remember -- you'll need to quote the complete sentence; that will clear up your error where you claim my statement was an inaccuracy. Thanks!

So right, right, not precisely... :) At least no more right than the accuracy of the 3 dates have been provided by me, or my sentence "before March 1948 -when Sheafffer´S beging to insert White Dot in metal caps-." that by the way, was referring to WD place and not to Lifetime nib, as you confuse.

Yes, as I explained above, you provided an incorrect ending date for the manufacture of this type of pen, because you did not take into account the discontinuation of the Lifetime nib. We've already been over that ground.

--Daniel

Daniel Kirchheimer

MARCH 1, 1945-SEPTEMBER 1, 1947

This is fabulous information, peeps! I cannot thank you enough for the help and the clarification! All information that my Googliness didn't find for me (up to this point).

This is what I love about this community and all of it's VAST knowledge!!! Thank you, thank you! :D

...yeah, it IS a cool pen! I think I like it more knowing the lever fillers were a little less common! ;)

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)