Vacumatic Sizes

KaB

I know there are many different vacumatics around.
Is there an easyJet classification when it comes to the SIZE of stiped vacumatics? (Like junior, regular, oversize)?

247254751_TSUKI-Yo_emptycompressedverkleind.gif.bfc6147ec85572db950933e0fa1b6100.gif

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brian-McQueen

• FarmBoy

• Lazard 20

• parapadakis

Is there an easyJet classification when it comes to the SIZE of stiped vacumatics? (Like junior, regular, oversize)?

I remember previous threads. Dangerous, flammables discusions on this issue.

My notes...

I remember previous threads. Dangerous, flammables discusions on this issue.

...as aseptic as I´ve could ;) , about this vacs.

http://s2.postimg.org/ft15v0lo9/PARKER_ESQUEMA_VACS_950pix_LAZARD.jpg

Edited by PAKMAN

Hi Lazard20

Thank you for posting that. I was thinking about moving into Vacumatics and that info is very useful.

Lazzard-

Is your figure a compilation of catalog/ad pictures or is this a Parker chart?

Regards

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

I agree with the chart Lazard has posted above for the most part with the following exceptions which I've circled in red:

15618076652_1eae544167_b.jpg

In the 1939 row, I would recommend calling the pen I circled the "Junior Debutante" instead of Sub-Deb. I don't have a copy of the 1939 catalog, and I believe Parker may have actually called it the Sub-Deb in 1939, but collectors will recognize the name Sub-Deb to mean a pen with a single, narrower, smooth band, such as the last pen on the right in the 1940 row. The pen in this row is exactly the same pen shown on the far right in the 1938 row, and it is easier to just have one name instead of two for the same pen.

The pen I circled in the 1940 row is what collectors will call a "Streamlined Standard." If you look closely, you can see that the pen has the slightly more tapered shape to the cap than a normal "Standard." The "Streamlined Standard" will also have a longer blind cap than a regular "Standard" pen. It will also have a speedline filler instead of a lockdown filler. We don't know what Parker actually called this pen, but collectors will know it as the "Streamlined Standard"

In the 1939 row, I would recommend calling the pen I circled the "Junior Debutante" instead of Sub-Deb. I don't have a copy of the 1939 catalog, and I believe Parker may have actually called it the Sub-Deb in 1939, but collectors will recognize the name Sub-Deb to mean a pen with a single, narrower, smooth band, such as the last pen on the right in the 1940 row. The pen in this row is exactly the same pen shown on the far right in the 1938 row, and it is easier to just have one name instead of two for the same pen.

Hello, you can call it what you want but, with all due respect, I think your recommendation is misplaced because in 1939 this model was called by Parker as I have noted as you can see: SUB-DEB.

(Even if you have not 1939 catalog, for example in famous Saturday Evening Post ads September ´39 with Blue Diamond presentation you can also see this model as Sub Deb).

http://s28.postimg.org/pajvgakkt/PARKER_VACUMATIC_SUBDEB_1939_LAZARD.jpg

Edited by Lazard 20

Hello, you can call it what you want but, with all due respect, I think your recommendation is misplaced because in 1939 this model was called by Parker as I have noted as you can see: SUB-DEB.

(Even if you have not 1939 catalog, for example in famous Saturday Evening Post ads September ´39 with Blue Diamond presentation you can also see this model as Sub Deb).

It is nice to see this catalog page. I see that Parker called the pen a Sub-Deb in 1939, and it is technically correct to do so. BUT, it is only correct to call this pen a Sub-Deb if it has a 1939 date code. So, it is less confusing if we use just one name for them.

Because Parker made a DIFFERENT kind of pen and also called it Sub-Deb, I think it is easier for collectors to call this type of pen a Junior Debutante, whether it has 1938 or 1939 date code.

But, yes, it is also correct to call this pen a Sub-Deb if it has a 1939 date code. It can be confusing to others, though.

• 6 years later...
On 10/23/2014 at 9:15 PM, Lazard 20 said:

My notes...

...as aseptic as I´ve could ;) , about this vacs.

http://s2.postimg.org/ft15v0lo9/PARKER_ESQUEMA_VACS_950pix_LAZARD.jpg

Would it be possible to repost that link please? It seems that it is no longer available.

Thanks

George

Parker catalogs are available on the  Pen Collectors of America website in the 'library'.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

On 9/20/2021 at 5:13 AM, parapadakis said:

Would it be possible to repost that link please? It seems that it is no longer available.

Thanks

George

As FarmBoy said above, Parker and other brand catalogs can be found at www.pencollectorsofamerica.org/reference-library

However, the specific photo you were asking to see is the one I reposted later in the thread, with corrections.